Is Trump the Greatest President in US History?

Pfury, I seem to remember seeing you elswhere and being reasonable, but I can’t agree with any of this. The interactions between our federal and state systems, while within a range of what SCOTUS has accepted, are governed by the supremecy clause and the 10th Amendment. We are not a direct democracy. We live under a constitutional republic that works within specific parameters that you either don’t seem to understand, or you just want to sit here and create your “perfect” system from whole cloth? That’s just not interesting to me. Or relevant. We all tried that in freshman philosophy. More importantly, Sanders doesn’t live there either.

2 Likes

I’m not asking anyone to agree with me. Merely defending my position as it seems like the logical/inevitable extension of politicians and their never ending partisanship.

I understand how our govt functions in a grand sense. Every major change to the political sphere is met with “the sky is falling” attitudes. This isn’t a change that will illicit that response from me.

The inevitable evolution of our government and society shaped by millions of events over the course of generations, and most importantly, the conversations that lead to said change are very interesting to me. I quite literally can’t think of anything on the planet more thought provoking to me.

Dear God.

That particular conflation with the Declaration of Independence is an incredibly common one. I’ve largely given up pointing it out.

My earlier reply was a joke. Judging by his physique the first thing Trump would do if he found himself at a gym is leave.

Ooops!

Others have already chimed in…but here goes…!

1. Grab her pussy. (Trump has admitted that this is his first move).

2. Rig a beauty contest that she can win.

3. Throw enough money at her that she will find it impossible to resist your “charms”.

There you go, liftbear!

How many people do you know with that level of confidence? Trump is truly inspiring!

Fixed that for you, liftbear…

And my answer is “Not many…”

1 Like

How many gimmicks is Raj going to make?

2 Likes

Raj, how can we miss you if you don’t go away?

1 Like

What’s up with the Raj name?

Too bad I missed that ha ha!

Is a sample of people who are willing to take over the phone surveys representative? To me that is only representative of the group of people will to take phone surveys, which most people including myself tend to hang up on once we know what’s going on. We don’t know if the sampling was random. It does not really give us that information.

Secondly, sure I have a problem with the metrics right now. According to the metrics we should have our first female president who should have won by a landslide. The metrics were horribly wrong then, why should I trust this metric now?

These metrics are not meant to inform, they are meant to persuade.

Did you get all your liberal talking points out? Even if everything you want to be true is in fact true, the conclusion that it did not affect the election has already been drawn.
The fact of the matter is more people liked trump than hillary in the places where it mattered most. He could have taken Putin with him on tour and it would not have changed what happened.
Hillary had 2 presidents, all of Hollywood, and half the republican party behind her and she still could not win.

He’s your president too, whether or not you like him is beside the point.

And finally, I never said I liked trump. As a matter of fact, as a person in the post you responded to, I actually like Obama better as a person, than I do trump. That was the whole point of the post. I hated obama’s policies and he drove me nuts with them, but he seems like a cool guy outside of politics.
As I stated many, many times trump was the only alternative to HRC, who I both dislike and abhor her politics. I don’t like trump that much, but I align politically with him much more. As long as he implements policies I like, I don’t give 2 damns about all the mud slinging and name calling.

1 Like

Well pat I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I would have rather had an orange clown as president than this guy. But as you say it’s over but I doubt he will finish his term or get much down.
I do recognize that hrc was a flawed candidate just not as flawed as trump. I disagree with all his policies and I agreed with 99% of President Obama’s. But hey, I get it. If he gets that far right agenda passed you guys will feel that selling the country down the road was worth it. I just hope you won’t have any regrets, I know I won’t for my stance. Good luck to us all!

Point of order. For 5000 years every single culture on earth has defined marriage as between a man and woman/women. Even cultures that accepted and celebrated homosexuality (Ancient Greece) didn’t call It marriage. That’s allot of tradition and entrenched beliefs to overcome. It has very little to do with religion.

If we could go back in a time machine and ask the most progressive liberal of the 20th century, let’s say Woodrow Wilson “should gay people be legally allowed to marry?” He’d look at you like you were insane.

The GOP was indeed representing the will of their constituents. Gay marriage wasn’t an issue on the main political stage until the 90’s. Gallup didn’t even poll on it until 1996. Approval for gay marriage passed 50% in 2012 (link) and became the law of the land in 2015. How much faster do you need representative government to work? Majority opinion became law in 3 years.

2 Likes

You did get an orange clown as president. How he turned orange is beyond me. And he’s not a classy guy by any measure.

1 Like

And for those 5000 years they had the public on their side. That’s called governing. The will of the people.

Except they still weren’t representing? It had to be done via the SCOTUS intervention, which was my entire point.

Edit: I guess not my entire point. Just a large chunk of it.

Lol! pat we finally agree on something! I know, that was just my attempt at sarcasm.