Is TRT the Only Solution in My Case? Low T, Erectile Dysfunction

I listed to Ruterbusch in the video and a few of my takeaways are …

He says that dosage for L-Arginine should be 3g (min) up to 9g per day. Other sites on the net do mention 3g per day. However, as a matter of reference, it would take 27 capsules of the highest dose of L-arginine in capsule form I could find PER DAY to reach 3g.

I looked at my capsules which I stopped using last month, and I was only taking in 2500mg per day – and it took me 4 capsules to get that.

[I posted two links to powders that provide 3g and 6g of L-Arginine per scoop. The links were removed, which is fine – but I don’t know why a generic reference to the availability of the powders wasn’t left in the thread. Since the links aren’t allowed, you can search for the products yourselves – but the point was to make clear that there are reasonable methods to obtain the suggested amount of L-arginine].

There is a research paper in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy that touts " While L-arginine alone may not treat your ED , the combination of L-arginine and an herbal supplement called pycnogenol may help"

There seem to be many references to this study but it appears that it hasn’t been recreated by others for validation.

One conflicting study "Oral administration of L-arginine in high doses seems to cause significant subjective improvement in sexual function in men with organic ED only if they have decreased NOx excretion or production. " I wonder how “nox excretion” is measured?

And finally, there are some stern warnings about the side effects of L-arginine relating to people with low blood pressure, and intensified herpes outbreaks.

One other comment the doctor made that I found interesting … and I am paraphrasing … TRT supplementation has worked best in his practice only for patients under 300 … TRT hasn’t helped the 500+ guys. That is an interesting statement to me.