Is TRT Safe? Here's What a Big New Study Says

I wish they had included Prostate Ca in the meta-analysis. It’s the OTHER Elephant in the room with TRT. Most urologists are not up to date on current literature and this causes a ton of mental anguish in guys my age with Prostate Cancer risk factors. We are taught from an early age that the doctor is right. Not true. 30 years in primary care has taught me otherwise. But finding a doctor who is current AND takes your insurance is a bitch.

1 Like

There were a couple of other meta-studies that did address TRT and prostate cancer. I synopsized them here: 8 Lies About Testosterone That Need to Die - Off Topic - COMMUNITY - T NATION

I’d love to see T-Nation tackle the question—raised most recently on Mike T. Nelson’s podcast in an interview with T expert Dr. Keith Baar—that extra T does NOT increase muscle mass, strength, or performance UNLESS you jack it up to greater-than-physiologic levels. Many examples of very muscular dudes with low testosterone.

1 Like

Thanks. Now if we could get the AUA guidelines to reflect reality!

Sure, but you can’t dismiss what TRT would do to a person who is truly hypogonadal. Restoring that person’s T levels to “normal” or high “normal” would undoubtedly lead to increases in muscle mass, etc. TRT would also, presumably, prevent age-related declines and allow that person to experience positive outcomes, i.e., allow him to put on muscle when others of the same age might fail to do so.

2 Likes

Plus

1 Like

Thanks for the article! You listed it as a weakness, but I have to question whether 9.5 month follow-up could possibly be powered to show statistical significance for major adverse cardiovascular events… especially when the study group is on a chronic therapy. I’m not surprised to see only numerical differences; it’s a little aggressive to draw any conclusions (in my lay opinion) other than one injection won’t immediately kill you.

I am also on self sustained TRT. I purchase Sustanon from pharmacy myself without prescription and I make 125 mg every 5 days.

I am also taking 300 IU HCG every 5 days to keep testicular function alive since I am 35. Moreover I take 0.25 mg arimidex every 5 days after injections to keep E2 low but this may not be necessary.

I got 2 blood tests so far and all was good. Hopefully i will get another one in 1 month. It has been like 9 months since I have started.

TRT is a life changer for me. It basically improves every manly aspect and the mood for me.

Insha’Allah I plan to continue until I die at 100+ age with good benefits and deeds

1 Like

Ha! You’re probably right.

1 Like

Where are you from? Just curious and a little bit jealous that you’re able to buy stuff over the counter.

I live in Turkey. Unfortunately currently Turkey is so cheap for western countries. Take onto the plane, come here, purchase, and return.

No such luck! While bringing in a small amount of steroids into the US for personal use probably wouldn’t warrant any prison time, they’d be happy to fine me 5 to 10 thousand dollars.

1 Like

Ye could be.I don’t know your laws.

250 mg sustanon in pharmacy here sold for 2.4$. Yes 2 dollars and 40 cents. That is how bad our economy is.

By the way the sustanon i purchased from pharmacy is produced by Ever Pharma Jena GmBH, Jena, Germany.

Amazing.

But monthly salary is 472$ and I work at a private university as an assistant professor :frowning:

I hope things get better for you and your country’s economy, my friend.

…especially in the face of evidence for the therapeutic value of testosterone for women that’s been available since 2001 (date of revised edition) in a book like MD Elizabeth Lee Vliet’s 600+ page “Screaming To Be Heard”, Hormone Connections Women Suspect but Doctors Ignore".

Also, in the face of the data that’s been collecting dust since at least 1939 (THIRTY-nine) for the therapeutic value of T for women (see, for example, hostile-witness John Hoberman’s historical recount of TRT, his 2005 “Testosterone Dreams”, pages 83, 84.

For a personal anecdote, just ask my wife of 42 years, who was born with Lifelong, Generalized Hypoactive Sexual Desire (meaning, essentially, “zero need/urge/hunger for sex”; no libido), for whom a prescription for testosterone finally gave her what she’d long lamented she was missing, being able to enjoy th’ ice cream as she’d observed most everyone else enjoying it through her life.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience, much appreciated!

That’s great, glad to hear it!

I think this explains it, but it’s not as fun as government conspiracies