Is Too Much Volume?

i want to gain as much LBM as possible which is why i will be taking the ANACONDA protocol 2.

5/3/1 does require leg press

a factor is also the ANACONDA package will last 6 weeks working out 4 times per weeks, i dont really want to train 5 times and use it ssay on an arm day, i think it would be a waste. i want to get the most out of it via the total body workouts.

i have been thinking about changing it and doing lower body 2x a week and upper pulls/pushes 2x a week. this will also allow me to add more leg work. what do you think?

Those workouts in the article are just samples, the book explains everything more clearly. There’s a few different assistance templates he gives, none are set in stone as far as which specific exercises to do. Some are based on body part. But to put it simply, just choose 2-3 logical exercises and do 3-5 sets of 10ish reps. Like on bench day, you could do 5x10 incline and 5x10 close grip, something like that

From the article you posted… "“Some people look for the magic combination of assistance exercises, and completely under-rate the key lift,” Wendler notes. “I call that majoring in the minors. Assistance work is just that â?? assistance. Do one or two exercises for five sets of 10, or maybe do a few more exercises for fewer sets. It’s assistance. It doesn’t fucking matter.”

Almost 7 years on this site. FUCK.

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
a factor is also the ANACONDA package will last 6 weeks working out 4 times per weeks, i dont really want to train 5 times and use it ssay on an arm day, i think it would be a waste. i want to get the most out of it via the total body workouts.

i have been thinking about changing it and doing lower body 2x a week and upper pulls/pushes 2x a week. this will also allow me to add more leg work. what do you think?[/quote]

Sigh

Just pick a program and do it. Stop dabbling in this and that.

See you in six months

i have been thinking about changing it and doing lower body 2x a week and upper pulls/pushes 2x a week. this will also allow me to add more leg work. what do you think?[/quote]

Upper/lower workouts work well for most natties (at intermediate stage, then I’d go onto something a little more split when much stronger, that is, if bodybuilding is your goal). Look up Lyle McDonald’s Generic Bulking Routine (there’s a PDF out there)…

Something like this (copied from the PDF):

Mon: Lower
Squat: 3-4X6-8 (3-4 sets of 6-8)
SLDL or leg curl: 3-4X6-8
Leg press (or hack/front squats): 2-3X10-12
Another leg curl: 2-3X10-12
Calf raise: 3-4X6-8
Seated calf: 2-3X10-12

Tue: Upper
Flat bench: 3-4X6-8
Row: 3-4X6-8
Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12
Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12
Triceps: 1-2X12-15
Biceps: 1-2X12-15

For the thu/Fri workouts either repeat the first two or make some slight exercise substitutions. Can do deadlift/leg press combo on Thu, switch incline/pulldown to first exercises on upper body day. A lot depends on volume tolerance, if the above is too much, go to 2-3X6-8 and 1-2X10-12

Don’t overthink it, and keep some consistency in there (no boredom/swapping things all the time) and get stronger for reps. BTW, I wouldn’t go as high as 40 reps total/exercise, more like 24-30 or something close to that (most solid rep/set schemes are often 2-5 sets of 5-12 reps, e.g. 5x5, 4x6, 3x8 etc…you get the gist).

Muscle take time to build

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
Almost 7 years on this site. FUCK.

[/quote]

Precisely what crossed my mind.

Along with getting sucked into V-dieting and buying the Anaconda protocol at a whopping 150lbs

mazin

[quote]JFG wrote:

Sigh

Just pick a program and do it. Stop dabbling in this and that.

See you in six months[/quote]

Some might disagree with this, but, I have read many articles written, that say this whole thing about changing routines every 6 weeks or whenever is not needed. There are many world class bodybuilders that have been doing the same workout for years and years. As long as you are progressing in those exercises and doing the basics for each muscle group, there is no need to keep switching to the latest and greatest workout program you read about on the net.

suckered in? V-Diet has been working good for me so far.

suckered in? v diet has been working good for me so far.[/quote]

Its painfully obvious that youre using both the vdiet and anaconda protocol as a crutch due to the fact that you dont know how to eat.

I have nothing against the V-Diet. I think PSMF’s can be put to good use. I doubt its appropriate for someone whos goal is 5’7 150.

It’s your money but it would be a shame to spend all of that cash and then when youre done with everything you slowly revert back to square one becuase you dont know how to eat normally.

i know how to eat i just have never stuck with it for very long because of a lack of disipline. id rather be a leaner 150 than a fat 170. if Anaconda is good for advanced lifters it must be great for me, if im not happy with it ill go back to Surge.

i know how to eat i just have never stuck with it for very long because of a lack of disipline. .[/quote]

Precisely my point.

You will spend roughly $600 on a few months worth of nutrition and when that runs out youll be right back where you started.

no

Supplements do jack shit if your diet and programs are not in place. heck, try to grow with steroids without pushing weights and see how far you go.

People are trying to help, but you are not listening.

Good luck.

Cheers

i know how to eat i just have never stuck with it for very long because of a lack of discipline.[/quote]

and this is the biggest problem right here…

[quote]JFG wrote:
Supplements do jack shit if your diet and programs are not in place. heck, try to grow with steroids without pushing weights and see how far you go.

People are trying to help, but you are not listening.

Good luck.

Cheers[/quote]

thanks

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

i know how to eat i just have never stuck with it for very long because of a lack of discipline.[/quote]

[/quote]

that used to be a big problem for me but im a lot better now than i used to be

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[/quote]

that used to be a big problem for me but im a lot better now than i used to be[/quote]

unless you started off 30-40 lb lighter than you are now, I don’t see how that’s an improvement.

i know how to eat i just have never stuck with it for very long because of a lack of disipline. id rather be a leaner 150 than a fat 170. if Anaconda is good for advanced lifters it must be great for me, if im not happy with it ill go back to Surge.[/quote]

With all due respect, why on earth would you want to be only 150lbs. thats tiny. You can be the leanest guy on earth at that weight, but your still going to be one small mofo.