Is Tiki Barber Gay?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
All that cheetah/leapord print in my house is making me gay.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[quote]etaco wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
The Gay Sports page holds him as a role model.

http://www.gaysports.com/page.cfm?Sectionid=1&typeofsite=storydetail&ID=771&storyset=yes

They have jose theodore on the top of every page. I don’t have a problem with gay people, but to try and say famous people are gay to make yourself feel better is kind of lame.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/si_video/2005/08/03/tiki.workout.SportsIllustrated.html

in that video I think he comes off a lot like tiger woods. I don’t think tiger is gay.

Just because Tiki doesn’t act classless and ghetto like 70% of the NFL and NBA doesn’t mean he dislikes punnani.

Theodore was hooking up with Paris Hilton for a while. VD? Yes. Gay? Doubt it.

As for Tiki Barber, he’s always seemed a little more, uh, fabulous than the typical guy but I have nothing but respect for him either way. It’s sad how rare it is in pro sports to see people who don’t come off as raging asshole criminals.[/quote]

Let’s see…Nice guy, well spoken, educated, with taste. Clearly gay.

If he was white would anybody think he was gay?

This is a perfect example of people latching on to a few overused stereotypes.

The man is a MVP candidate with a wife and kids, stop sipping the gay cool-aid. That is how stupid rumors start.

[quote]xtolgax wrote:
the lowest point of intelligent discussion on T-Nation comes whenever we start discussing sexuality.[/quote]

I don’t know. I do not see any ignorant gay bashing going on in this thread.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
etaco wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

http://www.gaysports.com/page.cfm?Sectionid=1&typeofsite=storydetail&ID=771&storyset=yes

They have jose theodore on the top of every page. I don’t have a problem with gay people, but to try and say famous people are gay to make yourself feel better is kind of lame.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/si_video/2005/08/03/tiki.workout.SportsIllustrated.html

in that video I think he comes off a lot like tiger woods. I don’t think tiger is gay.

Just because Tiki doesn’t act classless and ghetto like 70% of the NFL and NBA doesn’t mean he dislikes punnani.

As for Tiki Barber, he’s always seemed a little more, uh, fabulous than the typical guy but I have nothing but respect for him either way. It’s sad how rare it is in pro sports to see people who don’t come off as raging asshole criminals.

The man is a MVP candidate with a wife and kids, stop sipping the gay cool-aid. That is how stupid rumors start.

[/quote]

Shit, man! That’s it! It’s not stupid. It’s not pointless! It’s not even in bad taste!

If it has anything to do with anyone who’s not WHITE…

IT’S RACIST!

I knew it!

[quote]Skuebb wrote:

My wife watched the interview, and got the same vibe - “his teeth are too perfect, and he seems a little too, - I don’t know . . .”

[/quote]

It appears many on this thread are on a witch hunt, or should I say, “bitch hunt”. I think Tiki Barber is a great athlete, period. As far as his teeth being too perfect, that has to be one of the most ridiculous statements that I have ever read on this site.

Who cares???

DB

How the hell do people equate being gay with being black?

There are some strange thought processes going on here.

And for those of you that do not believe in gaydar I assume you do not have any gay friends.

That is OK. They are just people. Don’t be afraid to talk to them. You will not catch “the gay.”

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
UtahLama wrote:
etaco wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

As for Tiki Barber, he’s always seemed a little more, uh, fabulous than the typical guy but I have nothing but respect for him either way. It’s sad how rare it is in pro sports to see people who don’t come off as raging asshole criminals.

Shit, man! That’s it! It’s not stupid. It’s not pointless! It’s not even in bad taste!

IT’S RACIST!

I knew it![/quote]

Racist???

That’s not even close to what I meant.

Let me put it into language you can grasp, ready?

Me no think Tiki gay…me think this thread IS gay.

You talk like diarrhea coming out of mouth, all the time.

Better?

You can usually tell when overtly gay people act a certain way, hence gaydar.

But I would imagine that if a gay person did not want you to know you would not know, right?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
UtahLama wrote:
etaco wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

IT’S RACIST!

I knew it!

Racist???

That’s not even close to what I meant.

Let me put it into language you can grasp, ready?

Me no think Tiki gay…me think this thread IS gay.

You talk like diarrhea coming out of mouth, all the time.

Better?

You can usually tell when overtly gay people act a certain way, hence gaydar.

But I would imagine that if a gay person did not want you to know you would not know, right?[/quote]

Hey, dummy. You are the one who posted this: “If he was white would anybody think he was gay?”

What the fuck does that mean, genius?

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:
I guess maybe he’s just gasp Happy

Ya he seems like a great guy very cool person. I didn’t even notice till one of my friends (She’s a dallas fan) started calling tiki gay, then pointed out that everything in his house was pink.

I’m going to go with this answer: “He’s rich and could destroy you in almost any athletic endeavor he’s pretty secure with himself”

pink is the new grey.

And your last comment is as dumb as the one that started this thread.[/quote]

…but not as dumb as the comment that his house being pink has anything to do with gayness.

The guy probably went out to training camp or something for a few weeks and came home to a pink house. That’s the way those gals do it (yeah that’s right, I said gals!).

We call that “whipped”, not gay.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
That is OK. They are just people. Don’t be afraid to talk to them. You will not catch “the gay.”[/quote]

…and if someone is walking around with one of those gay gleams in their eyes, just keep yours down towards the ground. Cause if ya make eye contact… they’ll GETCHA!!!

Hes gonna go for a TV spot (I beleive), so he’s probably trying to show off his charm, which he has plenty of.

He’s a great guy. No showingf off, no trash talk, nothing but kickass running and great sportsmanship.

He’s got the thirf greatest yards per carry average in NFL history for those with 2000 rushing yards and more (right behind Walter Peyton and Barry Sanders). He’s an amazing runner, and I’m very sad the Giants are going to be losing him.

As for the gay thing, i’ll repeat, he’s just trying to show off his well spokeness as much as possible to market himself as a TV analyst (ala so many other great players).

You guys get all riled up so quickly.

Anyway, he might not be gay. But eye contact with Prince will make u question your own sexuality.

(jamie foxx comedy bit if you dont get the reference)

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Hes gonna go for a TV spot (I beleive), so he’s probably trying to show off his charm, which he has plenty of.

He’s a great guy. No showingf off, no trash talk, nothing but kickass running and great sportsmanship.

He’s got the thirf greatest yards per carry average in NFL history for those with 2000 rushing yards and more (right behind Walter Peyton and Barry Sanders). He’s an amazing runner, and I’m very sad the Giants are going to be losing him.

As for the gay thing, i’ll repeat, he’s just trying to show off his well spokeness as much as possible to market himself as a TV analyst (ala so many other great players).[/quote]

Well spokeness?!

Other than that, you raise some fine points.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

As for the gay thing, i’ll repeat, he’s just trying to show off his well spokeness as much as possible to market himself as a TV analyst (ala so many other great players).[/quote]

right behind JIM BROWN and barry sanders.

I heard he wanted his own talk show like Ellen, Oprah, Rosie…

He’s not gay. Wasn’t in High School (Cave Spring, Roanoke, VA across town from my High School), wasn’t gay at UVA, and isn’t gay now.

He’s just an articulate, well spoken, intelligent individual, which is not what we’re used to seeing in our pro athletes. No need for “street cred”, just lets his character speak for him.

98% of the pro athletes in America need to look to him as an example.

[quote]chillain wrote:
strangely enough, I saw the same clips (he was showing off his NYC apt on a segment during Monday Night Countdown) and got that same vibe. NTTAWWT or whatever. [/quote]

[quote]harris447 wrote:
You mean the interview segment where he’s showing off his wife and children?

Idiots.[/quote]

Yeah, that one.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I don’t know. I do not see any ignorant gay bashing going on in this thread.[/quote]

No, but you do see a lot of people rushing to point out his stellar work on/off the field. Haven’t we reached the point yet where (hypothetical) homosexuality doesn’t need a defense?

Apparently not.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
Also, I saw those snippets and I thought he was just trying to be overly articulate. [/quote]

Yes God forbid anybody in the NFL actually trying sound as if they went to college for more than the women and football. It still amazes me that guys like him and Robert Smith were/are actually able to stay around most of those knuckleheads as long as they did/do…I guess the millions per year helps but still.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Actually, the top 3 are:
Randall Cunningham 6.36 yards per carry
Jim Brown 5.22 and Mercury Morris 5.14. Going just with RBs, it’s JB, MM, WP, BS. Nonetheless, Tiki has had a nice career.

DB