T Nation

Is Tiki Barber Gay?

The Gay Sports page holds him as a role model.

http://www.gaysports.com/page.cfm?Sectionid=1&typeofsite=storydetail&ID=771&storyset=yes

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
It is really hard to describe. It has to do with a certain “brightness” in the eyes among other things.

My gaydar functions pretty well. One of my best friends is gay and I have known and hung out with many gay people through the years and we often talk about this stuff.

Of course it’s really hard to describe. Stupid, irrational opinions with no basis in fact often are.

This sort of idiotic speculation has a way of growing and spreading.

Please keep your fantasies of looking longingly into Tiki’s eyes to yourself. [/quote]

You need a reality check. I have no idea if the man is gay or not. Nor do I care. I think he is a good human being and a hell of a football player.

He certainly has a gay vibe to him. You seem to be the one with the problem with gay people otherwise you wouldn’t see this as some sort of insult. It is not.

[quote]marza wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
Im sure his wife and 2 sons would be shocked if they learned that.

Lots of wives and kids have been shocked to find out exactly that about their husband/father. A surprising number of men who have eventually come out as gay (and probably many more who never came out) have had a wife and kids. Recent Governor of NJ is a case in point.

What’s more surprising to me is that a very high percentage of men who have sex with other men don’t identify themselves as gay or bi-. Apparently, they think of themselves as straight men who like to have sex with men.

That said, if he’s not hitting on you, what’s it to ya?[/quote]

Very true.

When a gay guy hits on you you should be flattered as long as he takes no for an answer.

My short answer is, who cares?

My longer answer is actually a question: does anyone else find it worrisome that because an athlete is polite and well-spoken and doesn’t beat his chest (and his wife/girlfriend) or give interviews in which he asserts that he’s a “soldier” some number of people assume he’s a closet homosexual and that his marriage and family life are a charade? Also, would it make a difference if Tiki behaved the way he does but were white?

it’s media bias.
because tiki is a high-quality human being, the producers @ foxsports shine their “gaylight” on him.

[quote]WhiteCaesar wrote:
My short answer is, who cares?

My longer answer is actually a question: does anyone else find it worrisome that because an athlete is polite and well-spoken and doesn’t beat his chest (and his wife/girlfriend) or give interviews in which he asserts that he’s a “soldier” some number of people assume he’s a closet homosexual and that his marriage and family life are a charade? Also, would it make a difference if Tiki behaved the way he does but were white? [/quote]

I’m not sure the race thing is necessarily the tipping point. Lots of people believe that Tom Cruise is secretly gay without, as far as I know, having any actual facts to base it on.

[quote]marza wrote:
WhiteCaesar wrote:
My short answer is, who cares?

My longer answer is actually a question: does anyone else find it worrisome that because an athlete is polite and well-spoken and doesn’t beat his chest (and his wife/girlfriend) or give interviews in which he asserts that he’s a “soldier” some number of people assume he’s a closet homosexual and that his marriage and family life are a charade? Also, would it make a difference if Tiki behaved the way he does but were white?

I’m not sure the race thing is necessarily the tipping point. Lots of people believe that Tom Cruise is secretly gay without, as far as I know, having any actual facts to base it on.
[/quote]
His hopping on Oprahs couch yelling about having sex w/ a woman really didnt help his cause much…

If he was gay why would he be trying to avoid getting hit by big sweatty men? He would do a Christian Okoye (sp?) by lowering his head and running straight through the middle.

P.S. He could be gay but who cares?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
You need a reality check. I have no idea if the man is gay or not. Nor do I care. I think he is a good human being and a hell of a football player.

He certainly has a gay vibe to him. You seem to be the one with the problem with gay people otherwise you wouldn’t see this as some sort of insult. It is not.[/quote]

There’s nothing wrong with being gay. The problem I have is dumbshits who prattle on and on about some perceived gay “vibe”.

Sure he’s a great human being and if it comes out that he’s gay, I’m sure you’ll stand behind him the whole way! :wink:

My whole point is wait for the facts and keep your “vibes” to yourself.

I think this is a terrible thread. Just because the guy is well-spoken and generally nice, he’s gay?

And regardless of that, I have to agree with what a lot of people on here have been saying: who cares? This is what’s messing up football and other sports in general. We’re moving away from what they do on the field and are focusing more on their personal lives. Example: the T.O. thing isn’t his fault; it’s everyone else’s for playing into it so much.

I guess maybe he’s just gasp Happy

Ya he seems like a great guy very cool person. I didn’t even notice till one of my friends (She’s a dallas fan) started calling tiki gay, then pointed out that everything in his house was pink.

I’m going to go with this answer: “He’s rich and could destroy you in almost any athletic endeavor he’s pretty secure with himself”

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
I guess maybe he’s just gasp Happy

Ya he seems like a great guy very cool person. I didn’t even notice till one of my friends (She’s a dallas fan) started calling tiki gay, then pointed out that everything in his house was pink.

I’m going to go with this answer: “He’s rich and could destroy you in almost any athletic endeavor he’s pretty secure with himself”[/quote]

pink is the new grey.

And your last comment is as dumb as the one that started this thread.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
I guess maybe he’s just gasp Happy

Ya he seems like a great guy very cool person. I didn’t even notice till one of my friends (She’s a dallas fan) started calling tiki gay, then pointed out that everything in his house was pink.

I’m going to go with this answer: “He’s rich and could destroy you in almost any athletic endeavor he’s pretty secure with himself”[/quote]

hmmm lets see she’s a dallas fan of course she’s going to say he’s gay…
He has a wife who probably decorated his pad of course its going to be pink…let’s try to think first before talking/typing

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
The Gay Sports page holds him as a role model.

http://www.gaysports.com/page.cfm?Sectionid=1&typeofsite=storydetail&ID=771&storyset=yes[/quote]

They have jose theodore on the top of every page. I don’t have a problem with gay people, but to try and say famous people are gay to make yourself feel better is kind of lame.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/si_video/2005/08/03/tiki.workout.SportsIllustrated.html

in that video I think he comes off a lot like tiger woods. I don’t think tiger is gay.

Just because Tiki doesn’t act classless and ghetto like 70% of the NFL and NBA doesn’t mean he dislikes punnani.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
The Gay Sports page holds him as a role model.

http://www.gaysports.com/page.cfm?Sectionid=1&typeofsite=storydetail&ID=771&storyset=yes

They have jose theodore on the top of every page. I don’t have a problem with gay people, but to try and say famous people are gay to make yourself feel better is kind of lame.

[/quote]

Nowhere, either my words or those in the article cited above said that he was gay. Nor did anyone say this to make themselves “feel better”. Those are your words and your opinions. Do not attribute them to either myself or the author of the original article.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
The Gay Sports page holds him as a role model.

http://www.gaysports.com/page.cfm?Sectionid=1&typeofsite=storydetail&ID=771&storyset=yes

They have jose theodore on the top of every page. I don’t have a problem with gay people, but to try and say famous people are gay to make yourself feel better is kind of lame.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/si_video/2005/08/03/tiki.workout.SportsIllustrated.html

in that video I think he comes off a lot like tiger woods. I don’t think tiger is gay.

Just because Tiki doesn’t act classless and ghetto like 70% of the NFL and NBA doesn’t mean he dislikes punnani.[/quote]

Theodore was hooking up with Paris Hilton for a while. VD? Yes. Gay? Doubt it.

As for Tiki Barber, he’s always seemed a little more, uh, fabulous than the typical guy but I have nothing but respect for him either way. It’s sad how rare it is in pro sports to see people who don’t come off as raging asshole criminals.

All that cheetah/leapord print in my house is making me gay.

the lowest point of intelligent discussion on T-Nation comes whenever we start discussing sexuality.

[quote]xtolgax wrote:
the lowest point of intelligent discussion on T-Nation comes whenever we start discussing sexuality.[/quote]

And religion.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
carter12 wrote:

LOL you have to have the gaydar installed at birth in order to recognize it Rainjack.

I know one damn thing, I could never call another man “Tiki”. Sorry, just me.

Exactly.[/quote]

I was attempting to say that having a gaydar is usually something gay people have. Not sure if you’d still agree with me there? Personally, I see lots of guys who act kind of soft/girly/fruity/whatever but I don’t think “oh wow he must take it in the shithole”.

So, like rainjack, I’m still wondering about this look in the eyes thing you’re talking about?

I saw my friend’s eyes twinkle a little bit when I told a joke this morning, is he gay? Wait, is that where the word twink comes from?

Just not getting this whole gay shit, I guess.

By the way, why are some of my words underlined with squiggly lines? That’s gay.