Is Tiki Barber Gay?

Is it just me or does he come off as somewhat gay? Mind you it’s man that could crush me (and probably you) and score touchdowns all over that ass (pun somewhat intended).

But in his interviews and clips during the giants/Cowboys game he just seemed kind of ‘off’.

That said… the Giants defense is the shit!

BALLIN!!! ( - YouTube )

He’s a good player, he does humanitarian work, he seems like a nice man. He’s better than 99% of the NFL based on that alone. I don’t care if he takes dicks in the poopchute. If I had to guess, I don’t think so.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
But in his interviews and clips during the giants/Cowboys game he just seemed kind of ‘off’.[/quote]

strangely enough, I saw the same clips (he was showing off his NYC apt on a segment during Monday Night Countdown) and got that same vibe. NTTAWWT or whatever.

No doubt Tiki is still right up there with the best. Fun to watch him make plays.

[quote]chillain wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:
But in his interviews and clips during the giants/Cowboys game he just seemed kind of ‘off’.

strangely enough, I saw the same clips (he was showing off his NYC apt on a segment during Monday Night Countdown) and got that same vibe. NTTAWWT or whatever.

No doubt Tiki is still right up there with the best. Fun to watch him make plays.

[/quote]

You mean the interview segment where he’s showing off his wife and children?

Idiots.

Why do you care, Xen? Do you want him for yourself?

He might be. He has that certain look in his eyes.

He is an incredible player and seems like a great person too. The NFL needs more like him.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

He is an incredible player and seems like a great person too. The NFL needs more like him.[/quote]

What the hell?

What’s “that certain look”?

That “certain look” definately exists, but I don’t think Tiki has it at all.

He’s nothing like a certain someone that works in the same building I work in, who after a split-second glance at his eyes, though he looks completely similar to any other normal-looking guy otherwise, you just KNOW he’s gay. It’s an eye thing. One of my friends calls it “the googly-eye thing.” Hard to describe in words; you just know it when you see it. :wink:

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

He is an incredible player and seems like a great person too. The NFL needs more like him.

What the hell?

[/quote]

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

What the hell?

[/quote]

LOL you have to have the gaydar installed at birth in order to recognize it Rainjack.

I know one damn thing, I could never call another man “Tiki”. Sorry, just me.

He’s not gay. He’s not a Republican Congressman. [or democrat but especially the Republicans]. Haha. Sorry-just had to. Tiki’s a great player. I could care less if he’s gay. Don’t think he is, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Hell yes he is gay! Every time I’m around him he’s always touching me, telling how big my muscles are and trying to get me to drink some rum with him… that’s why I quite getting my hair cut by him. Wait, we are talking about Tiki the barber down on 5th and Main, aren’t we?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
He’s not gay. He’s not a Republican Congressman. [or democrat but especially the Republicans]. Haha. Sorry-just had to. Tiki’s a great player. I could care less if he’s gay. Don’t think he is, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.[/quote]

But…why does anyone care? Unless someone is acting like some flaming idiot in front of me or is dressing like a confused woman, I don’t walk around trying to point who “might” be gay.

Im sure his wife and 2 sons would be shocked if they learned that.

The guy dresses nicelyand is neat. That makes him gay???

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

What the hell?

[/quote]

It is really hard to describe. It has to do with a certain “brightness” in the eyes among other things.

My gaydar functions pretty well. One of my best friends is gay and I have known and hung out with many gay people through the years and we often talk about this stuff.

[quote]carter12 wrote:

LOL you have to have the gaydar installed at birth in order to recognize it Rainjack.

I know one damn thing, I could never call another man “Tiki”. Sorry, just me.

[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

What the hell?

[/quote]

My wife watched the interview, and got the same vibe - “his teeth are too perfect, and he seems a little too, - I don’t know . . .”

He is an incredible player and seems like a great person too. The NFL needs more like him.[/quote]

Agreed. Him and Warrick Dunn are among the nicest gentleman in professional sports.

[quote]emdawgz1 wrote:
Im sure his wife and 2 sons would be shocked if they learned that.
[/quote]
Lots of wives and kids have been shocked to find out exactly that about their husband/father. A surprising number of men who have eventually come out as gay (and probably many more who never came out) have had a wife and kids. Recent Governor of NJ is a case in point.

What’s more surprising to me is that a very high percentage of men who have sex with other men don’t identify themselves as gay or bi-. Apparently, they think of themselves as straight men who like to have sex with men.

That said, if he’s not hitting on you, what’s it to ya?

It is really hard to describe. It has to do with a certain “brightness” in the eyes among other things.

My gaydar functions pretty well. One of my best friends is gay and I have known and hung out with many gay people through the years and we often talk about this stuff.[/quote]

Of course it’s really hard to describe. Stupid, irrational opinions with no basis in fact often are.

This sort of idiotic speculation has a way of growing and spreading.

Please keep your fantasies of looking longingly into Tiki’s eyes to yourself.

I know some gay guys and they always pick out guys they perceive as good looking and say that they are gay. Several are married with kids. When I tell them this they say, “What’s your point?” Like it doesn’t matter. Well. Maybe it doesn’t. I don’t know. But if a guy is married with kids, I’ll assume he’s heterosexual unless he tells me otherwise.

Also, I saw those snippets and I thought he was just trying to be overly articulate. I’ve seen him on Fox News over and over and never gotten any kind of ‘vibe’ from him and I didn’t get one on Monday night. Seems like the deal here is that Tiki Barber isn’t what you think a football player is. So you think he’s gay.