Is This Weird? Chest Not Changing

Every month I take a pic of myself to track improvement because you know the whole you can’t usually see improvement if you just look in the mirror every day thing.

Anyways I have seen improvement in literally every muscle group except for my chest which has seen nothing. The only thing I have noticed about my chest is that it doesn’t look any different but it feels a little tighter than it used to.

Is this weird?

This is my routine

Bench press 3x12
Flies 3x12
Dumbell Press 3x12
Incline db press 3x12
Decline db press 3x12
Cable crossovers 3x12
Incline machine press 3x12
Machine that is kind of like cable crossovers 3x12
Weighted push ups 3x12

Too many exercises, too many reps, not enough weight.

There are some chest specific routines on this site you should look up.

From my experience:
I have had luck with presses, BB and DB. Usually go incline, flat then decline. Flat flies are good if done right–the crux of the movement if when the weight is perpendicular to the floor.

I would suggest focus on two presses, flat and either incline or decline. Then maybe flat flies. You should be doing enough weight that you cannot do any more exercises than that. I like the 6 to 8 rep range, 4 sets each. I have not tried 5x5, but it seems to be well liked.

I do like weighted push-ups. Maybe one strip set at the end of the workout. Start with 2 or 3 plates (on your back), then have a partner strip one when you cannot do any more.

That said, my chest grows the fastest on me so take my advice with that in mind.

Haven’t you already asked a lot of questions and not taken anyone’s advice?

I think I am really going to change up my stuff I will be willing to take advice, I think I am going to go with full body workouts every other day.

[quote]HOUSTON TEXAN wrote:
Every month I take a pic of myself to track improvement because you know the whole you can’t usually see improvement if you just look in the mirror every day thing.

Anyways I have seen improvement in literally every muscle group except for my chest which has seen nothing. The only thing I have noticed about my chest is that it doesn’t look any different but it feels a little tighter than it used to.

Is this weird?[/quote]

What is weird is that you actually believe muscle grows so fast that you will SEE changes in muscle size from month to month.

I really don’t think some of you realize just how much effort and TIME goes into building a lot of muscle mass.

You would be better off comparing YEARLY photos. Fat loss is about the only process that would allow a visible change in progress from one month to the next.

That much volume, and that many reps per set is probably doing you in.
In any case, even with this routine if youre able to routinely progress from week to week to week, in a year you should have added a LOT of size to your chest, arms, shoulders, etc. Trouble is, you’ll soon stall and not be able to add more weight to your lifts.
Why not pick up a program from this site and do it properly while eating to gain mass…be it TBT or split routine?

[quote]HOUSTON TEXAN wrote:
This is my routine

Bench press 3x12
Flies 3x12
Dumbell Press 3x12
Incline db press 3x12
Decline db press 3x12
Cable crossovers 3x12
Incline machine press 3x12
Machine that is kind of like cable crossovers 3x12
Weighted push ups 3x12[/quote]

I used to do 10-8-6, and I didn’t really get bigger shoulders/arms/chest/quads until I did 6-6-6(-6). 85% of 1RM, like you’ll hear often on this site.

personally, I like to do one-a-week workouts for a given body part, like chest.

way to much. try TBT, then swap back and forth between splits and TBT. usually 3 compound movements max. and do dips for fuck sakes!

as usual the professor says it all. people have got to realise this doesn’t happen over night. TIME is everything. be patient, it takes years to get big, several months to see any significant change.

the only way you see rapid changes is when you lose fat, and that ain’t gonna make you bigger.