Is this the FITTEST Guy Ever ?!

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]juancastillo wrote:
strong, agile, way flexible, fast and powerful…a friend sent me this link and I was amazed, very nice :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Not enough muscle mass and too much body fat for a BB competition. So no, he is not the fittest guy ever.[/quote]

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Not enough muscle mass and too much body fat for a BB competition. So no, he is not the fittest guy ever.[/quote]
Um, not sure where you’re coming from with this. Modern competitive bodybuilding has little, if anything, to do with fitness unless we’re only measuring “being fit” by muscle mass and bodyfat levels.

In any case, the guy’s pretty impressive on several fronts, not so much on others… But I’d toss in the name Paddy Doyle for the fittest man in the world, as recognized by Guinness book several times.

For Guinness certification, the “world’s fittest man” has to do the following, in order:

• 2 Mile Swim
  • 12 Mile Run
  • 12 Mile Hike
  • 1,250 Push-ups
  • 1,250 Leg Lifts
  • 1,250 Jumping Jacks
  • 110 Mile Bike ride
  • 20 Mile Row
  • 20 Mile Elliptical machine
  • 3,250 Abdominal crunches
  • 300,000 pounds (total volume) of weights lifted. No leg exercises. Only bench press, lat pulldown, seated row, triceps extension, and biceps curl. 30,000 pound minimum for each exercise.

Doyle finished it in just under 19 hours. I can’t find any info on his max strength lifts, so that could be one valid point of argument.

(InB4 “Guinness also certified synthol arm guy.” That guy used a cheat around the system. These were monitored events.)

Another case could be made for someone like Rich Froning Jr, 2-time Crossfit Games winner, since it does test different aspects of strength, strength endurance, and speed strength. It all comes down to what definition of “fittest” we’re dealing with. Either way, I predict this thread’s going to end up just like debates over “Why Captain America would beat Batman” or “Why Michael Jordan was a better athlete than Joe Montana.”[/quote]

Fitness level is relative to the sport or end/goal in mind. No one is just “fit” for fitness’ sake. My point was that there was no goal stated, so how can I judge if he is fit or not.

Definitely got to give the guy respect. I can’t do 90% of those acrobatics. No doubt, he has an impressive highlight reel.

I personally wouldn’t spend my time developing skills that I would never use–back flips, aerials, handsprings. They’re nice parlor tricks and displays of athleticism, but it’s exhibition, not real sport. I would be much more impressed to see him competing and winning events against competitors of equal talents than by his highlight reel.

His talent is definitely impressive, but I would consider him a jack (maybe a queen) of all trades, and a master of none. Then again, he probably gets way more pussy than me, so props to this guy.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

The boulder pick-up, press and slam? So what? I know of at least three Mexican ditch diggers right now who could hold their own with that guy when it comes to picking up heavy shit off the ground. They do that shit for $10 an hour all day, six days a week, then go home, drink about 20 Pacificos, beat the fuck out of their wives, pass out in a pile of tin foil and paper bags, wake up at 5am and do it all over again.[/quote]

This made me laugh because… well I know at least three also haha.[/quote]

So you’re saying it’s fairly rare where you guys are? I’m in San Diego, bitches! There’s about 3 people that I know that DON’T fit that description.[/quote]

If we change “20 Pacificos” to “20 Coronas” then i know about 30 people who fit the bill.

How do we define “fittest” ?

Leanest ? Nope.

Most swole ? Nope.

Best aerobic capacity ? Nope.

Best anaerobic capacity ? Nope.

Strongest ? Nope.

He has a good blend of all of the above, but I think it’s hard when we can’t even define the goal.

He should fight this guy lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]02Thief wrote:

This is why apple sucks :([/quote]

Apple? Huh?[/quote]

Sorry I fucked up the image. Anyway, I can’t view embedded YouTube videos, just a big black square

Meh, the black Ninja barely looks like he’s playing basketball all day in the park.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
How do we define “fittest” ?

Leanest ? Nope.

Most swole ? Nope.

Best aerobic capacity ? Nope.

Best anaerobic capacity ? Nope.

Strongest ? Nope.

He has a good blend of all of the above, but I think it’s hard when we can’t even define the goal. [/quote]

Well, if survival of the fittest means anything, than the person who can survive the longest wins. For the sake of the discussion we can eliminate those with the biggest weapons and all that shit and just narrow it down to the one who could live the longest in a no-holds-barred cage match or something along those lines.

My money is on Cain Velasquez.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
My money is on Cain Velasquez.[/quote]

Good call.

I’d go with Don Frye in his prime. His mustache alone could kick the crap out of 99% of the world’s population…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I was gonna hate on the video too OP but in all seriousness this guy is nothing to sneer at.

440 lb. deadlift, 220 lb. push press, combined with that kind of flexibility and endurance is pretty impressive to me.

Also - this guy is fast. I bet if he trained he could have some motherin’ fast hands - he’s got that natural ability in that manner.

Nice post.[/quote]

WAT?

440lb and 220lb weights are impressive? I am nowhere near my peak strength levels and I can bang those weights out for reps.

300lb push press at least and 600lb deadlift, then we’re talking.

Marius Pudzianowski in his prime.
/thread

[quote]harrypotter wrote:

WAT?

440lb and 220lb weights are impressive? I am nowhere near my peak strength levels and I can bang those weights out for reps.

300lb push press at least and 600lb deadlift, then we’re talking.[/quote]

Dude I understand anything under 500 is shit to you but to a lot of people, who haven’t lifted weights their entire life, a 400lb deadlift IS impressive. It’s impressive to almost any regular person…

quote “Marius Pudzianowski in his prime”.

whats his fastest 10k time??

dumbest subject ever trying to find the fittest person…

I don’t know about fittest ever, but I loved watching that guy in action. Definitely inspiring.

Chris, you’re a great guy, you provide a lot of help to newbs like me, but…HERETIC!

Honestly, this debate/discussion is pissing in the wind. Guy’s definitely in good shape though.

Sweet jump-kicks

[quote]paulwhite959 wrote:

Chris, you’re a great guy, you provide a lot of help to newbs like me, but…HERETIC!
[/quote]

…Aaaand it only took a page and a half lol.

Sorry to warm this up, but the heaviest load any infantry soldier had to carry, ever, was 70kg, the super heavy Roman infantry marching load.

Those guys were, on average, 1,48m tall.

They did it on grain gruel and the occasional fruits and vegetables.

um… I would wager that the fittest were among them.

You dont get more fit that eating shit, carrying 1,5 times your bodyweight and killing Germans twice your size at the end of the march.

They “fit” just right.

All I can think about after watching that video, is when Indiana Jones pulled out a pistol and killed that fancy sonofabitch. BOOM. Fittest = me.