Is This the End of Roe v. Wade?

Purgatory is a process of purification, not a place. Prior to the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, the righteous were in Limbo, not Hell, awaiting Christ to send them to Heaven. Limbo is just outside of Hell. The first circle of Hell in Dante’s Inferno is Limbo. Souls in Limbo undergo none of the suffering of those in Hell.

An explanation that is not supported by the Bible.

Luke 16:22, “And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Once you arrived at one place or the other there was no way to cross into the other place.

Jesus later calls this place of Abraham’s bosom paradise.

Luke 23:43, “And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

1 Like

Limbo would be a third place. It is also closed as Jesus emptied it after the resurrection.

Where is this third place mentioned in the 66 books of the Bible?

1 Like

According to Catholic doctrine, the aforementioned Bosom of Abraham.

Okay, fair enough. I can see the Purgatory understanding if the Apocrypha Books are used as reference. That said, I do not consider the Apocrypha to be the word of God.

1 Like