Is This Similar to the Deadlift?

See attached image, is the exercise on this bench thingy similar to the deadlift? I would think so since it works the lower back, glutes and hams.

I’m asking so I could use this as variety in my program.

[quote]pradaboy wrote:
See attached image, is the exercise on this bench thingy similar to the deadlift? I would think so since it works the lower back, glutes and hams.

I’m asking so I could use this as variety in my program.[/quote]

This would be a form of thigh support straight leg deadlifts. It took a while for me to see that. It is excellent for the hamstrings, but you should keep your back straight. And, are you are picking up a barbell off the ground, or have one behind your head when you use this?

No I grab a weight disc and “clench” on to it.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
pradaboy wrote:

I’m asking so I could use this as variety in my program.

This would be a form of thigh support straight leg deadlifts. It took a while for me to see that. It is excellent for the hamstrings, but you should keep your back straight. And, are you are picking up a barbell off the ground, or have one behind your head when you use this?[/quote]

This bench is for back extensions – not like a deadlift really and not designed to use a bar with, although I guess you could try it. It would be difficult to do. I have tried using dumbells on the one at my gym – lets just say it was interesting.

I hope you don’t plan on buying that.

If you want the benefits of deadlifts, deadlift.

If you want to buy a machine for posterior chain work, I’d stick with Elite’s reverse hyper or glute-ham bench.

But you can do plenty with a barbell.

nah not buying it, just using the image as reference since I didn’t know how it’s called.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
I hope you don’t plan on buying that.

If you want the benefits of deadlifts, deadlift.

If you want to buy a machine for posterior chain work, I’d stick with Elite’s reverse hyper or glute-ham bench.

But you can do plenty with a barbell.[/quote]

This machine is what I have to use for glute-ham raises.

I’m with Bikemike on this one… I also use the one we have at the Y to do back extensions, warming up my back BEFORE doing deadlifts and one legged glute ham raises… still get the odd look once in awhile using only one leg :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall not the best but you do the best with what you’ve got.

and btw, nothing beats doing the actual deadlift :stuck_out_tongue: