Is This Real?

Hey guys

Check this out:

http://www.bonsaikitten.com

Whilst probably a fake, I can’t help thinking in the back of my mind that there are some fucking freaks out there.

Anyone care to comment on the site?

If it’s real, I’d say we got some serious ass kicking to do.

fragfeaster777

pain in my heart,crushed my mind.No respect for nature,people do anything fo a buck

It’s fake, buncha guys at MIT with really slick photo-editing skills made it. You can’t be that gullible…

Check this one out

www.savetoby.com

That’s one of the most disgusting things I’ve seen. Who’s to say they won’t try it with the baby, as if that was even something to joke about. These people are sick.

[quote]poper wrote:
Check this one out

www.savetoby.com[/quote]

that’s brilliant!!!

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
It’s fake, buncha guys at MIT with really slick photo-editing skills made it. You can’t be that gullible…
[/quote]

how do you know?

The Toby site is a fraud. Beleive me, PETA would be kickin in the guy’s door. What a wanker.

On another note,…I don’t really surf the web unless it’s for something specific, but, how do you guys come across these sites?

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:

On another note,…I don’t really surf the web unless it’s for something specific, but, how do you guys come across these sites?[/quote]

I got an email saying that they need a petition to close this site down.

I think it’s a fake… I don’t think the authorities over in the US would allow this… or would they?

Well if I were to be walking down the street and would find a cat in the shape of a hexagonal or some shit like… I think the owner of the cat will come out a few feet shorter after my meeting with them…

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
cap’nsalty wrote:

how do you know?[/quote]

http://www.peta.org/bonsai.html
“Although we have found this site to be a “joke,” we still feel it is inappropriate and certainly not funny. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) investigated the origin of the site and found that the name and address under which the site is registered, a “Dr. Michael Wong in New York,” is false information. The site was reportedly created by a student at M.I.T. as a joke among friends. When this site initially appeared in December, a local humane organization did get involved on a local level in checking out this person but discovered no evidence of actual animal abuse having occurred. We believe that the Web site?s creator was simply trying to generate attention by upsetting people who care about animals.”

For the record I thought the site was hilarious.

PETA’s attempt to shut down the site anyways is ridiculous. An organization that depends on the First Amendment to protect itself from the ire of public opinion shouldn’t be picking at the foundation of free speech that is all that is keeping PETA from being litigated into oblivion.

Yes, yes, free speech.

I suppose you have plans to publish those specifications for how to make WMD’s out of common kitchen products?

While it’s a hoax, that doesn’t mean the creator won’t in some way share responsibility if the idea is utilized by some wacko out there.

And no, I’m not talking about legal responsibility.

[quote]vroom wrote:
While it’s a hoax, that doesn’t mean the creator won’t in some way share responsibility if the idea is utilized by some wacko out there.
[/quote]

I agree with Vroom, don’t give crazy people ideas. Also, I thought this was so gross. Even though we have our rights to freedom of speech/expression, that is no license to throw all good taste and integrity out the window.

That is disgusting. Arent these f*ckin nerds supposed to be the best and brightest out of us?

No they are the nerdiest of us.

Anyway, I knew this was a joke the second I saw that they were affiliated with rotten.com. And seriously, some of you guys need to chill out heavily. Take a look at the gallery. This was obviously a complete joke. A “high-birthweight kitten to fill the container”? Honestly, can’t any of y’all see that the picture is of a full-grown siamese CAT? I was laughing my ass off the whole time. The fact that I came back and saw some of your outraged responses, and that PETA actually looked into this makes it even funnier.

Who wants to buy this bridge I got for sale? You can charge people tolls and stuff if they want to cross it. I have to sell it because my mom’s sick. Honest. Real sick.

Oh yeah, I forgot:

Thanks to fragfeaster777 and poper, I needed a good laugh. I hope all of you animal-lovers bought some savetoby.com gear.

Ok cool.

Now something got me interested.

I’m pasting part of the email I got:

"This petition needs 500 names, so please put your one name on it!!! Copy the text into a new email and put your name on the bottom, then send it to everyone you know. If you notice that there are 500 names on the list, please send it to:

Note - Copy this e-mail, paste it into a new one but
DON’T forward it - add your name, and send it to everyone you know!
Please help! "

Now this has been a popular way to get email addresses and let spammers use them to send out their junk.

Could it be possible that the creater of the site may be affiliated with spammers?

HMMMM Interesting

fragfeaster: I wouldn’t doubt it. Folks who are against kitticulturing have long been associated with scum like the email spammers.

Honestly, why someone would want to take a great and exotic art like Kitten Bonsai and make it sound like it’s some kind of cruelty is totally beyond me. You guys that posted the negative responses on this thread should be ashamed of yourselves. How dare you be so close-minded and intolerant of a lost Oriental art!!

Racists!!!

When I first saw it, a long time ago it really upset me. I love animals and the idea that anyone could even think about that really sits badly with me.

I just don’t look at that stuff and try not to think about it. Some people are so, so fucked up to think about that stuff.

[quote]Sxio wrote:

I love animals[/quote]

How frequently?