T Nation

Is This Improvement?

I’m 14 years old and weigh 125 lbs. I started working out every morning monday-friday in first period since school started back in August. I just wanted to know if I have really improved by another person’s point of view.

Then:
Bench Max-150 lbs.
Cleans Max-115 lbs.
Deadlift Max-225 lbs.

Now:
Bench Max-175 lbs.
Cleans Max-130 lbs.
Deadlift Max-315 lbs.

Were all those workouts worth it?

You haven’t said anything about how many reps or sets you are doing, but the weights have gone up so if that was your goal, yes it was worth it.

If gaining muscle was your goal, then yes, it was worth it. If you are not putting on enough muscle then I suggest you eat more intelligent food. Protein + carbs mate. Bulking fuel.

[quote]lil guy wrote:
I’m 14 years old and weigh 125 lbs. I started working out every morning monday-friday in first period since school started back in August. I just wanted to know if I have really improved by another person’s point of view.

Then:
Bench Max-150 lbs.
Cleans Max-115 lbs.
Deadlift Max-225 lbs.

Now:
Bench Max-175 lbs.
Cleans Max-130 lbs.
Deadlift Max-315 lbs.

Were all those workouts worth it?[/quote]

I think those are great gains for only having lifted since August.

You are almost at a 1.5x bodyweight bench, which is quite respectable.

315 Deadlift at 14yrs and 125lbs is a solid lift.

Do you have any coaching for the O Lifts?

What are your short and long term goals?

What kind of program are you doing?

You give us an example of lifting more then asked if you improved… this just not make any sense. you might as well just said I know I improved but did I improve? see how little sense that makes?

Keep doing what your doing its obviously working, just don’t post questions that don’t make sense to get an ego boost

Well I wanted to be benching 185 lbs, cleaning 150 lbs, and deadlifting 350 lbs by the end of the year (in 6 more months).

I’m not really sure what’s in my program but I will look that up when I go back to school monday.My football coach and weight training supervisor is Lee Gilliland and I think he used to coach for Florida but I’m no sure.