Is this How You Work the Bat Signal for Chinese People?

@punnyguy should have warned you, it’s addicting.

1 Like

I think the videos are fairly accurate in depicting the bad stuff. But you have to know what normal everyday life is in China to view the info in the videos in the right context.

Otherwise, you’d think it’s like North Korea.

I tried explaining to pat in another thread that life in China is similar to other countries including the US, just that there are certain cultural differences. People go shopping, watch Marvel movies, go to gyms, play video games, Starbucks knockoff cafes. There are BJJ gyms there nowadays. They watch reality TV.

Let’s put it this way. The average Chinese citizen would vote for Trump if Trump didn’t have so many sex scandals.

1 Like

You’re all right, dude.

I need a little more family demographics to make my Internet expert family relations dynamic.

I was operating under the assumption that they had a biological kid together.

If she has kids, and he has kids, but they don’t have kids together, it’s just the classic step-kid step-parent dynamic, as old as Cinderella. Women (in general) are loyal first to their biological kids first, their parents second, their sisters (then brothers) third, their husband fourth, and their step-kids fifth. This is why so many women-with-children bemoan no men are interested in them – it’s because the men are not idiots. It has nothing to do with being Asian. Cinderella was French.

I dodged this a bit with my adopted children (niece and nephew), in that my wife didn’t have the insecurity of “my kids” interlopers. Didn’t hurt that, for all their faults, my brother and his wife stuffed the crap out of 529 plans for both kids (probably to launder drug money, but that’s not my problem), so college, grad school and a first house are not our burden. That, and they are much older than our biological kids, so they were actually very instrumental in taking care of their bio kids (as is the Apache way).

2 Likes

Hello friends and especially @anna_5588. Can anyone in this thread tell me if this game is realistic? Steam recommended it to me for $9.99.

What sort of virtual Chinese parent does $9.99 get a guy like me who was raised rural midwestern Catholic in the 1980’s and 90’s? Is this a good investment that will pay off down the road?

I’m sorry but what the actual fuck is this game

Not enough details provided…

Also,

1. “Liberal arts” isn’t really a thing.
  2. “Chinese” should be called “Language”
  3. There’s a mandatory politics class at most public schools

what do these questions even mean?
Are you playing as the parents?

It’s for sale on steam right now. Of course I was being a sarcastic goon about my questions, but it is a real game that people seem to enjoy.

1 Like

holy fuck that is hilarious

1 Like

Yes, but also intriguing.

Given your experience, do you think I should I Buy Chinese Parents on Steam, or not?

1 Like

It’s not that accurate, but it’s an interesting insight into how people perceive Chinese childhoods

I wouldn’t buy it

1 Like

Well then, it’s a pass for me too.

I checked and there’s no game on steam called Rural Indiana Childhood. The only Indiana games they have are Indiana Jones games.

1 Like

When that results in incubating the Future Overlords of Planet Earth, there will be a game for that.

1 Like

Who is to say it ain’t right now?

We have Larry Bird, two vice presidents (Quayle and Pence), the first totally unqualified Transportation Secretary (Mayor Pete of South Bend) who only got the job because he came out as gay after getting elected as mayor, and one of the first NASA astronauts to give his life in our attempts to fly beyond the cornfields and into the stars, the great Gus Grissom.

Indiana also gave us Michael Jackson.

Don’t sleep on the Hoosiers!

LMFAO as in I’m in a half formal meeting and typing this response is to prevent myself from literally LMFAO!

Gonna check it out when I get home in an hr.

1 Like