Is this Hitched or Ok?

Could be from locking out the knees out too early as was mentioned. If the glutes are sleepy, than the back could be taking over and it becomes all too easy to hyperextend without the glutes doing what they’re supposed t o do.

And great PR music lol. Do they always play that kinda stuff!?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Could be from locking out the knees out too early as was mentioned. If the glutes are sleepy, than the back could be taking over and it becomes all too easy to hyperextend without the glutes doing what they’re supposed t o do.

And great PR music lol. Do they always play that kinda stuff!?[/quote]

Ah good point. I know not to hyper-extend, yet I can’t break the habit. I could definitely see it being a glutes issue. They don’t fire without extreme focus.

Yeah, not much I can do about the music. It’s more of a tennis club than a gym, so the music is terrible. I block it out or just listen to my ipod when I’m not recording a set. The one nice thing about the place is I get the place to myself quite often so I always have a power rack or bench available.

first lift there looks to be a bit of hitching i guess but the second one looks alright to me. your struggling at lockout so simply throw in some more glute/hamstring work (hip thrusters, GHR, RDL, SLDL etc.) just keep working at it and be consistent and always record your sets. for me, its amazing how i can do a lift and have it feel heavy as hell, then watch the video of it, tweak a few small things and then watch it fly off the floor the next set lol. pay attention to the little details. best of luck.

[quote]BRINK429 wrote:
first lift there looks to be a bit of hitching i guess but the second one looks alright to me. your struggling at lockout so simply throw in some more glute/hamstring work (hip thrusters, GHR, RDL, SLDL etc.) just keep working at it and be consistent and always record your sets. for me, its amazing how i can do a lift and have it feel heavy as hell, then watch the video of it, tweak a few small things and then watch it fly off the floor the next set lol. pay attention to the little details. best of luck.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I really need to do assistance work like the stuff you stated. Glutes are a weak spot for me. It was so easy to raise my deadlift from 300 to 400. Now 400 to 500 the real work is starting. Can’t make up for weaknesses by just pulling a little harder. Actually going to have strengthen the posterior chain and pay attention to form.