Is This Good Form for Overhead Plate Raises?

Calories and bodyweight. You’ve been significantly underweight for well over a year, which is a clear indicator your body isn’t getting the nutrition it needs to support activity and growth. Malnutrition isn’t just about micronutrients. Macronutrients are important, too.

I count about 115g protein yesterday, and that’s with four different protein powders. Maybe 30ish grams fat? Adding a dozen eggs a day would do great things for you.

I don’t think you hit either of these targets to a significant degree yesterday.

1 Like

Why this amount of vegetables/shrooms/greens?

Almost 3.7 kilos!

This is the breakdown, I forgot to post it.

I have higher fat days where I eat around 150 grams of fat full of eggs.

I reeealy like my vegetables!

The majority of your carbs are “carbs”.

I have no idea how the app calculated that total based on those numbers. I come up a few hundred calories different. And that 229g protein is misleading, by a longshot. From quality sources, again, I count about half that amount.

Then you’re not reaching your goal because you’re not eating consistently. It’s also not the recommended nutrition to support your training plan.

This is the top 10 highest in protein and calories in my day.

Not sure what you mean by that?

It means that you should replace some of your vegetable intake with carbs such as rice, potatoes, bread, fruit,…

Your vegetable intake is excessive :woman_shrugging:it is possible to eat so much vegetables you actually cause nutritional deficiencies (@anna_5588 take note)

However, consuming too much fiber can cause unwelcome problems. Some insoluble fibers limit the ability to absorb certain minerals, including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and iron. High-fiber diets can also affect absorption of some medications. Excess fiber can also cause abdominal pain, gas, and cramping.

2 Likes

I’d worry less about the inputs and more about the result. If you have not added weight then it is not enough food, simple.

There is also a simple solution, eat more. Add more calorie dense food, if you don’t want to do more eating you can achieve this by removing some of your less calorie dense foods (eg halving the mushrooms)

1 Like

That’s very interesting, I’ve never heard that before.

I enjoy eating a lot, so eating more than I am now is really not a problem.
How many calories do you think I should eat?

More.

Start by adding 250 calories per day. If you don’t add 0.5-1.0lbs that week, add another 250 calories per day.

If you want to be more aggressive then add 500 per day (I’d make sure I don’t gain more than 2lbs in a week)
If you want to be more conservative then add 100 per day.

Make sure you are getting within 10% of your daily targets at least 5 days per week (and you don’t completely drop the ball on the other days)

1 Like

Ok
I’m gonna continue increasing from where I am then.

move on to a different plan. This below is a good for stubborn hardgainers…

If really like Paul Carter look up ‘Arnolds agonist-antagonist program’

For T /diet up your good fats further -olive oil, olives, cashews, avocado, etc

1 Like

I’ve never understood why someone that’s significantly underweight counts calories. Identify quality foods and then eat. Just eat. Eat until you start putting on weight. If you’re piling on the fat slow down.

My advice:
Eat 10 eggs and 500g(of 1lb) of meat every day. And then as many quality carbs (potato, rice, pasta) as you can handle.
Eat 100g of nuts every day. Cashews and peanuts are cheap and easy and they are high calorie and high quality.
Salad cheese. Its like £1 a for a 200g block. Which has 400 Calories and 26g of protein. Just add this to your daily diet and in THEORY you’ll add mass.

2 Likes

The theory might collide with the reality that his digestive tract is overwhelmed with greens.

1 Like

Could too much fiber be stopping my body from absorbing calories as well?
So If I were to eat 2800 calories with a lot of fiber I would only absorb 2400. Where as if I were to eat 2800 with barely any fiber; I would absorb 2800 calories?

This is what I meant by high fat days. Il have them 1-2 times a week on my off days.

This is what my post workout meal looks like almost everyday. Il change up the vegetables each time.