Is This Funny?

[quote]Sabrina wrote:
Well, he sounds like an annoying idiot, and very much not funny. This thread on the other hand, is hilarious![/quote]

I had no idea I was gonna get this many people responding. Its funny he is not a complete idiot and on in alot of ways perfectly reasonable and mature.

BFG

You suck! Just kidding. I dont mean to give the impression I am uptight, I assure you I am not and his jokes would be fine ON OCCASION, trouble is they are pretty much constant.

I am enjoying everyones thoughts and ideas they are really entertaining.

Oh another tid bit, we were in Anatomy and Physiology last year and the proffesor was talking about albinism. And mentioned that Albinoes often die of skin cancer and other problems related to the fact that they have no innate protection from the sun.

So he raises his hans and says “They could live in antartic or the north pole, so the sun would not be a problem for them.”

He meant it a serious suggestion as to what people who are albinoes can do to improve their health. Sure I suppose they could move there however…

Oh one more that cracks my friends up, he was out in the middle of nowhere upstate NY with his sister, he has a gallon jug of water in her car (of course he is an 80s bobybuilder) and she leaves the doors unlocked. He tells her to lock the doors because someone might walk by and spit in his water then put it back in the car.

I guess it could happen.

Sorry if anyone thinks this shit isnt interesting or funny. All I can say is dont read it. If it makes you laugh great, I have laughed a bunch.

Good Training All!

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Flop Hat

You are a riot bro! When did your trailer park get internet service? I read your profile.

your 5’6"
and 190 lbs.
bodyfat listed as alot.

So…why exactly should I care what a fat piece of unemployed white trash thinks?

Come on bro let us know what have you doen with your life?

Obviously you dont have a spectacular physique but what else? Done research on cancer cures? Built someones house? Wrote a book article anything?

Funny that only you think I am whinning and being a pussy. Everyone else seems to get that its more humorous then serious.

So what is it that you have accomplished in life? From your profile and ignorant ass coments I would guess not a damn thing.

Fuck man if you got a GED and are not on welfare I would be impressed.

Keep posting you are a riot.
[/quote]

Ok you you got me. I’m fat, lazy, stupid, and live in a trailer park. It should have been obvious to anyone. All the clues were right there.

1. you read my profile, which in general is 108% accurate. I mean nobody just goofs off on the internet.

2. I’m unedukated because I haven’t mentioned my colladge buddies who annoy me.

3. I live in a trailer park with 12k modem surfing the net on my 386 wishing I could get off welfare, but my lack of a GED is holding me back. And all this time I hated bums, damn me!

Now let me make some guesses about you after reading your profile:

1. You are a 20 something whiney bitch that mommey and daddy are sending to school which makes you “special” somehow.

2. You didn’t want to be a nurse because people would still make fun of you, but Medical school was too hard, hence you are now a wanabe PA.

3. You are so skinny that everyone picked on you in high school and now you are so sensitve that you have to come cry on the internet when one of your only"friends" will not stop bothering you.

4. If you make it through PA school your favorite part will be giving old men digital rectal exams and checking nut sacks for hernias.

Here is the fact. The cat incident is really funny and the study group one is almost as good. Given that information the only thing that I can deduce is that he is at best less annoying than you and at worse just as bad as you are. The fact that something so supid made you upset makes it even more funny. Everyone agreed with you out of pity. They really thought it was funny and that you probably just aren’t very “quick” I mean after all if he does it all the time you could just call bullshit on him a couple of times right off the bat, you would take away his fun and he would probably stop.

For the record I’ve put in chest tubes, performed veinous cut downs, Pulled teeth, and sutured cuts. What have you done lately student?

Its kinda bizarre to see that a high academic IQ guy like you buddy seems to have problems with real life probabilities. The moving upnorthandspit in the water` are definite options or possibilities. Now what are the chances of it ever happening?

Your buddy sounds like a possibility thinker. As a side effect, hes probably really creative too. Or maybe a minor form of Tourettes syndrom? Right brain dominant?

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
Jersey5150 wrote:
Flop Hat

You are a riot bro! When did your trailer park get internet service? I read your profile.

your 5’6"
and 190 lbs.
bodyfat listed as alot.

So…why exactly should I care what a fat piece of unemployed white trash thinks?

Come on bro let us know what have you doen with your life?

Obviously you dont have a spectacular physique but what else? Done research on cancer cures? Built someones house? Wrote a book article anything?

Funny that only you think I am whinning and being a pussy. Everyone else seems to get that its more humorous then serious.

So what is it that you have accomplished in life? From your profile and ignorant ass coments I would guess not a damn thing.

Fuck man if you got a GED and are not on welfare I would be impressed.

Keep posting you are a riot.

Ok you you got me. I’m fat, lazy, stupid, and live in a trailer park. It should have been obvious to anyone. All the clues were right there.

1. you read my profile, which in general is 108% accurate. I mean nobody just goofs off on the internet.

2. I’m unedukated because I haven’t mentioned my colladge buddies who annoy me.

3. I live in a trailer park with 12k modem surfing the net on my 386 wishing I could get off welfare, but my lack of a GED is holding me back. And all this time I hated bums, damn me!

Now let me make some guesses about you after reading your profile:

1. You are a 20 something whiney bitch that mommey and daddy are sending to school which makes you “special” somehow.

2. You didn’t want to be a nurse because people would still make fun of you, but Medical school was too hard, hence you are now a wanabe PA.

3. You are so skinny that everyone picked on you in high school and now you are so sensitve that you have to come cry on the internet when one of your only"friends" will not stop bothering you.

4. If you make it through PA school your favorite part will be giving old men digital rectal exams and checking nut sacks for hernias.

Here is the fact. The cat incident is really funny and the study group one is almost as good. Given that information the only thing that I can deduce is that he is at best less annoying than you and at worse just as bad as you are. The fact that something so supid made you upset makes it even more funny. Everyone agreed with you out of pity. They really thought it was funny and that you probably just aren’t very “quick” I mean after all if he does it all the time you could just call bullshit on him a couple of times right off the bat, you would take away his fun and he would probably stop.

For the record I’ve put in chest tubes, performed veinous cut downs, Pulled teeth, and sutured cuts. What have you done lately student?[/quote]

Thats interesting, what do you do for a living? I am in in a Physician Assitant program and actually it will be this coming school year that we learn to do the stuff you just mentioned. It wont be until the following summer that we get to put it into practice.

Now that you have responded and proven your not on welfare I will address your points.

Firstly you got me all wrong. I am not upset. Annoyed yes but he is like a brother to me. If he where an asswhole too it would be easy I just wouldnt talk to him.

Secondly I dont fall for them, he actually agreed to stop doing them to me. He mostly does it to people around me and even tries to get me to help him.
Trouble is those people get annoyed but are to polite to ask him to quit it.

Buddy believe me a goofy fun sense of humor is great. But this is not what we are dealing with. We are dealing with a guy who is moving up to become an educated man with a career that come with a ton of responsibility.

All I would like to see is that he develope his maturity level. Not become old and stodgy, but to, like others mentioned, know his audience. The practical consequences is people dont want to be around him. They ask me not to bring him around or just ask me why? Why does he act that way?

Ultimatly I feel it comes from a lack of security you know those people who cant just sit in a room they always need to be talkng? Well thats him,

I think he definitly has some personal stuff to deal with and horizons to explore. I consider him a brother and I care about him very much. I can laugh and poke fun at the weird stuff he does but it doesnt mean I dont care.

So thats it I am not really upset I dont know if you believe that I guess its not really important but there it is. He is a strange bird and an interesting case.

[quote]DAN C wrote:
Its kinda bizarre to see that a high academic IQ guy like you buddy seems to have problems with real life probabilities. The moving upnorthandspit in the water` are definite options or possibilities. Now what are the chances of it ever happening?

Your buddy sounds like a possibility thinker. As a side effect, hes probably really creative too. Or maybe a minor form of Tourettes syndrom? Right brain dominant?

I havent seen any creativity actually a lack of it I am sad to say. He does think in possibilities but without fail its always stuff like I wonder if you fell off that building would you survive? Stuff like that.

[/quote]
]

Yes, its weird man his grades are good. Its exactly as you say its the common sense stuff that he seems to get lost on, that and spatial relations but thats another story.

Hey buddy I responded to your post. Hadnt read your three points about me. You where wrong on all three.

Fistly let me say that I am glad to hear you are not on skid row.

No I am not special.

I didnt go to nursing school because I didnt want to do that and another year to be a nurse practitioner.

I got into a PA program so I went with the oportunity.

Med school…possibly in the future. However I like the freedom a PA/Nurse Prac. has. More time to travel, a few less of the hassles Docs have to deal with ect.

My favorite part well I know already its the reason I am pursuing this career. To help people to treat them when they can be treated, to ease there pain, to bring them back from the edge. Not for glory but I figure if I could bring back somebodys daddy after his heart stops then it will be worth it. A way to give back to a country that has given me and my family so much.

From poor imigrants to comfortably middle class in just a few decades
not too many other countries you can do that in.

I have been given even more opportunity. Funny how much I love this country…never used to think much about it but now I do, and often.

Oh there are four, yes well I didnt really get picked on in high school. No more then anyone else I guess. Had some good friends and we watched each others backs. Fucking Catholic school to so its not like it was all that rough!

But then again how would I prove any of this on an internet forum? No one will know if I am tough or not How intelligent or kind I am, or really anything about me.

I am enjoying this thread I started it out as joking and intereste in the opinions of others and it actually got me thinking about alot of things.

One of them is how piss poor my fucking grammer is shit man I gotta take a class or something.

Ok, now that we are both feeling more personable, when I first reponded to this I was in a rotten mood. Sorry I went personal. I try not to get so angry that I attack people I don’t know over things I don’t really care about, but lately I’ve been feeling quite confrontational for some reason.

I can see where it would be annoying to have someone pulling low grade pranks all of the time, but if he really is a friend then it would be best to handle it in a low key way. Handing him a printout from this thread or punching him in the face probably wouldn’t help anything. Constant friendly reminders and leading by example work better.

Being in the same age group as your friend I would have to say that you might not have much luck in having him act more mature. I know that I’m pretty set in my ways. Besides he might be able to seperate school/work/play. You know they call it practicing medicine for a reason, maybe his goofy humor will help in some situation. Nobody knows what will work for every patient. I know plenty of PAs and some of them are really really nuts.

Good luck with your friend and in the course.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
Ok, now that we are both feeling more personable, when I first reponded to this I was in a rotten mood. Sorry I went personal. I try not to get so angry that I attack people I don’t know over things I don’t really care about, but lately I’ve been feeling quite confrontational for some reason.

I can see where it would be annoying to have someone pulling low grade pranks all of the time, but if he really is a friend then it would be best to handle it in a low key way. Handing him a printout from this thread or punching him in the face probably wouldn’t help anything. Constant friendly reminders and leading by example work better.

Being in the same age group as your friend I would have to say that you might not have much luck in having him act more mature. I know that I’m pretty set in my ways. Besides he might be able to seperate school/work/play. You know they call it practicing medicine for a reason, maybe his goofy humor will help in some situation. Nobody knows what will work for every patient. I know plenty of PAs and some of them are really really nuts.

Good luck with your friend and in the course.[/quote]

In reality I have accepted him as he is and, for the record I would not show him this thread or punch him in the face.

“Constant friendly reminders and leading by example work better.”

This is good advice however I have tried and tried he just doesnt hear me. I dont try to talk to him about it anymore because he doesnt listen. But I dont laugh when I think its not funny and I try to lead by example.

I am pretty wild myself which he often points out, I guess my timing is just better, and I can read people and situations better then he can, I think ;
) At any rate its more for him, that I care for his developement. He has been married once and has dated alot of hot, ignorant women who where nothing but trouble for him.

I worry because he doesnt seem able to relate to the women that are more succesful and well adjusted and thats who I think he deserves to be with. Its a tough situation you cant help and encourage someone to grow who doesnt want to.

Well ,this thread took an interesting turn. Group hug! Big group hug! lol!

Seriously, Jersey, I think you’ve gottabe a great friend to tolerate that kind of assinine behavior. I hope your friend wises up and gets it together. aside form the odd humor, he seems pretty decent. :slight_smile:

As for the Albinos living in Antarctica or the North Pole… uh, you can still get sunburned there. Sun reflecting off bright snow… just thinking out loud about that one… I mean, I know you’d still be covered mostly, but still. And the sun shines for 6 mos.

Anyway, irrelevant info there.

32 years old and still a F-N loser!
My goodness he sounds like a Dick

[quote]Gothic77 wrote:
Well ,this thread took an interesting turn. Group hug! Big group hug! lol!

Seriously, Jersey, I think you’ve gottabe a great friend to tolerate that kind of assinine behavior. I hope your friend wises up and gets it together. aside form the odd humor, he seems pretty decent. :slight_smile:

As for the Albinos living in Antarctica or the North Pole… uh, you can still get sunburned there. Sun reflecting off bright snow… just thinking out loud about that one… I mean, I know you’d still be covered mostly, but still. And the sun shines for 6 mos.

[/quote]

Thanks…yeah its bizarre I dont react so you know those prank shows? Well its all about how flustered the people get right, and the shocked look afterwards.

I give no reaction like with the cat thing I reponded completly monotone…I sounded like Ed Nortons narration in fight club. Even when he told me he was kidding NO reaction and he still laughed…its weird.

Oh and thanks again for the cleaning advice! My gf spilled a protien shake in her car and didnt know it, the stench the next day was incredible, and really tough to get out.

[quote]nanjingldv wrote:
32 years old and still a F-N loser!
My goodness he sounds like a Dick [/quote]

Actually he is really nice…that what makes it so strange. I can garuntee you would like to him!

Then he would start to get on your nerves and you would find him really annoying…but not dislike him.

Its bizzare its like he is 12 when he is doing it…and its never mean just childish.

Again its good to hear my frustration is not just because I am mean and humorless. Wait or are we all just mean and humorless? And thats why we all agree its so annoying? :wink:

Maybe he just needs a visit from The Devil (played by Elizabeth Hurley).

[quote]Gothic77 wrote:

[/quote]

Ahahaha! I totally thought that too…WTF? Those albinos are going to get baked at the North Pole! :slight_smile: