Is This Funny?

Should he not choose to change, I hope this guy has friends other than the original poster and his GF, otherwise he`ll probably turn into a sourpuss.

This guy needs to man the fuck up. Sense of humor or not, a good healthy dose of vitamin T is always good. Maybe people wont laugh your jokes or like you, but youll sure get some respect. The best is to have both humor and T, but that is not given to everybody, either to have or to develop.

I think this guy also wants to see what your reaction is when he tells you a ‘joke.’ If your reaction is that your horrified or you freak out about it, then it will probably seem even more funny to him. Have you tried doing these stupid jokes back? I would try it, but do it in a mean way - - like say that some hot girl is checking him out, and after he makes sure he’s looking his best, it will then be your turn to laugh your ass off! Just a suggestion!

Sophia

reminds me of a saying I have…

“some people’s kids…”

it’s one of his hangups for his personality, get over it. besides, sometimes people see that they can get under someone’s skin, so they keep it up. Just move on and get him back.

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Quick backround “He” 32 year old male, in school to be a Physician Assistant, from Southern California, from a working class backround.

Also he is doing well in his classes and if fairly intelligent…most of the time.

What I want to know from you guys is whether or not the behavior I am about to describe is funny.

In other words am I missing the humor because I am a mean guy. Or is just childish and annoying, and a 32 year old should have just a little more sophisticated a sense of humor.

What he does is this, and it takes many different forms and is done all the time to everyone. He will make a claim that is not outlandish get you believing it then quickily say “I’m just kidding!” and laugh his ass off.

What follows is an actual example. I went home and didnt study with a group we had been studying with. Later working on a project he tells me that instead of studying, after I left the group went to a bar for food and beers.

I was surprised by this (becase the people dont get along that well) but its not impossible, so I was like oh cool. Hour or so later he says just kidding buddy and laughs his ass off.

The other day he is like oh whats your roomates cats name.(I was in another room.) I say, he doesnt have a cat. He insists one just looked at him and ran under the couch, I said if I go look and he is fucking around I would be pissed. He says just kidding. And laughs his ass off. These things remind me of being a kid and always saying “sike!”

Later he asks if I thought it was a “good one”. I said I dont think its funny at all. Do you think its funny? [/quote]

NO.

[quote]SexySophia wrote:
I think this guy also wants to see what your reaction is when he tells you a ‘joke.’ If your reaction is that your horrified or you freak out about it, then it will probably seem even more funny to him. Have you tried doing these stupid jokes back? I would try it, but do it in a mean way - - like say that some hot girl is checking him out, and after he makes sure he’s looking his best, it will then be your turn to laugh your ass off! Just a suggestion!

Sophia[/quote]

Great idea, he is hard to get cause he always suspects it. Actually he doesnt do it to me because I told him off, he does however tell stupid jokes (of his own design) all the time. I swear to you I do not so much as blink in response…the jokes keep coming.

For example there is a place we get food sometimes called the Pita Pit, he calls it the Penis Pit, EVERY FUCKING TIME…its as if he never gets tired of the same jokes, same south park episodes, and stories. Its bizzare he is a good guy otherwise…really cool on a heavy cycle.

But goddamn he has got to grow up…how the fuck is he gonna date anyone his own age. I cant imagine a women with any intellect tollerating for long. So far I know he has dated alot of ditzes.

Ok I’m going to go ahead and say it. The fact that his stupid jokes bothered you so much that you had to tell us about it is funny. I’m laughing at you right now… just kidding…no I’m really laughing.

If it bothers you either punch him in the face, stay away from him, or ignore it. No matter what you do there is no reason to drag anyone else into it.

stab him with a soldering iron.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
Ok I’m going to go ahead and say it. The fact that his stupid jokes bothered you so much that you had to tell us about it is funny. I’m laughing at you right now… just kidding…no I’m really laughing.

If it bothers you either punch him in the face, stay away from him, or ignore it. No matter what you do there is no reason to drag anyone else into it. [/quote]

You have no idea how annoying he is. The other responders seemed to have grasped just how annoying he is.

Also I didnt drag annyone into this I posted in the off topic forum on a whinm and anyone with free time posted a coment if the wanted to, so yeah no dragging really. I posted because ultimatly I think its ridiculous and wanted to share that fact.

He is a good guy otherwise so its not as easy as just telling him off, I value his friendship. I am not taking this all that seriously.

And well bro if your not interested in the topic then fuck off I could care less. Beavis and butthead… funny its one of his favorite shows to this day…mabe you guys should be friends.

Its funny that people think by reading a post they can tell how intensly a person feels…you cant.

Hmmm Now if Jersey5150 would say this whole thread about me having a friend that says all this shit. I was just kidding.

NOW THATS FUNNY! I dont care who ya are.

Irritating.

Timing is everything with comedy. “All the time” is not good timing. You gotta pick your spots.

The next time he makes a goofball out of himself and gets on your nerves, groan and say “Well at least I know where you get your annoying personality from… your mom won’t stop calling me after the other night, and it’s bugging the shit outta me… HA… HA… HA… HA… JUST… KIDDING…”

Just a suggestion.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

“Just kidding!” That’s fucking genious.

HA!

This guy sounds truly piss annoying. I see the following choices:

1. When he does it next, just say, “Dude, that is piss annoying. Please stop it.”

2. When ever he does it, ignore him.

3. When ever he does it, punch him in the throat.

4. Sign him up as a NAMBLA supporter.

5. Next time he is flying anywhere, put an opened packet of dog biscuits in his lugagge. This will send the sniffer dogs ape shit, and he will probably get a cavity search out of it.

The real problem with someone that does that is that you start to never believe what they say or take it at face value. You’re always disbelieving and bracing for the anticlimactic but anticipated “just kidding”.

Try this:
Pee on his face while he’s sleeping. When he wakes up, yelling and sputtering, say that you thought his mouth was a toilet, since his head is full of shit! Then, JUST KIDDING!! HAHAHAHAHA!

The next night, take a dump on his face, and say the exact same thing.

He’ll get the point.

Whats really interesting is just how many people understand the situation clearly, with the exception of the fat unemployed guy from Georgia, You all got it with a brief description, and grasped how annoying he is without ever meeting him.

Now how the fuck in his 32 years has he not figured out how annoying he is?

Lothario your right on the money with the timing thing. Timing is the reason a joke stops being laugh out loud funny after you first hear it. You may still think its funny but you it doesnt elicit as big a response…if that makes sense.

Massif the dog biscut thing is a hillarious idea.

Pretzel Logic you got it bro. While he doesnt do it to me anymore…I still tried to explain to him that this will have the effect you described on everyone around him (and thats not a good thing) and it just, like a lot things goes right by him.

Thanks everyone for sharing your insights and humor with me it will make dealing with him a little easier. After all he is a good friend and person, and I am in the same program, this year we have about 30 hours a week of class time and then hours of group study so thanks.

And keep them coming if anyone else thinks of anything…OR FOR GODS SAKE IF YOU KNOW A GUY LIKE THIS…then it would be funny to here about him. I have never met anyone like him, 32 years old and in some ways an adult and in other ways a really really annoying teenager all in the same person.

You win my profile is 108% right on :slight_smile:

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
Sounds like he’s “Booger” from ‘Revenge of the Nerds’.[/quote]

Hey now! Booger was the shiznit! He was the coolest one out of all of them!

Flop Hat

You are a riot bro! When did your trailer park get internet service? I read your profile.

your 5’6"
and 190 lbs.
bodyfat listed as alot.

So…why exactly should I care what a fat piece of unemployed white trash thinks?

Come on bro let us know what have you doen with your life?

Obviously you dont have a spectacular physique but what else? Done research on cancer cures? Built someones house? Wrote a book article anything?

Funny that only you think I am whinning and being a pussy. Everyone else seems to get that its more humorous then serious.

So what is it that you have accomplished in life? From your profile and ignorant ass coments I would guess not a damn thing.

Fuck man if you got a GED and are not on welfare I would be impressed.

Keep posting you are a riot.

Well, he sounds like an annoying idiot, and very much not funny. This thread on the other hand, is hilarious!

[quote]pookie wrote:
If he’s the only one laughing, then it’s not funny.[/quote]

Are you calling me not funny, you son of a bitch?

That cat thing was effing hilarious … I’m totally using that one. Seriously, there are times and places, but most people need to loosen the f*ck up.

Bastard

oh, just kidding about that first part Pookie