Is This Forum Mainly Anti-AI While on TRT?

As per the most competent and progressive TRT doctors most people do not need AI, and for sure they should not be on AI long term. AI should be used very strategically, very minimistically with the idea to be stop ASAP once the high E2 symptoms are resolved and the body is balanced. Prescribing AI just because the E2 is high on paper is a total crap.

1 Like

I almost did recently. Good thing I didn’t. Previous test 3 months ago my E2 was 72.5 at trough injecting 70 mg Cyp every 4 days. I switched to enanthate and my E2 came back at 45. 64 mg every 4 days. Huge drop! Cyp for me is garbage. It felt like I was injecting water. I wanted to take an AI though cause I was feeling very emotional. It wasn’t the E2 after all. I think my 75 mg daily dose of DHEA fucked up my emotions. My DHEA levels cane back at 810! :rofl:

I’ve been on this forum since I started trt 8 years ago. Back then the suggested dose in the stickies was 1ml AI per 100ml of test per week. That has changed in recent years. That was too much for me and would crash my e2. My dose now is 200mg per and my doc prescribes 1ml of AI per week but that’s still too much. So basically now I go by how I feel. I won’t take any for weeks at a time but I’m prone to get symptoms once my e2 goes north of 50 so when I start to get the itchy nipples I will take .25mg of my AI and wait a few days to see how I feel. At most I may have to take another dose about week later but after that I’m usually good for weeks. I inject twice a week and I understand that if injected more often I may not need any but I just don’t won’t to pin that much unless absolutely necessary.

Yeah those old stickies call for what we would now consider an absurd dose of AI. Have you tried seeing if those issues go away on their own with a little more time? Either way, I’m not hardcore against small amounts when needed, just curious.

I would say that if @magnumd has been on TRT for 8 years, that if those symptoms were going to “go away” they probably would have by now lol…

Now granted, tweaking the dosage and frequency could probably do wonders (based on what we know now compared to years past), but if he feels good where he’s at…there’s really no need to fix what isn’t broken!!

1 Like

There is no wonder your E was abnormal with that amount of T use.

Not to mention the guy who popularized the “optimal” T:E ratio and E value was an engineer, not a specialized physician.

1 Like

What is your T value with that dose.

Total t is just a bit over 1400.

122 mg Cyp is not that much. Even so my E2 dropped almost in half on 112 mg enanthate.

I forgot to answer this part. Yes, it relieved them all.

1 Like

Your doc is alright with this supraphysiologic value?

He is so far. At 100 I always felt tired although my total t was about 750. We moved to 150 and I was better at about 950. At 200 I feel great and my hemocrit(sic) doesn’t rise too fast(it was 47 about a month ago)but my rbc is over range right now at 6.20(5.80 is the limit). I try to limit my blood donations to twice per year due to it crashing my ferritin.

Out of curiosity do you have a source for this? Just would like to further read into it

There is no cookie cutter answer but technically your body will find homeostasis without an ai

It was an old poster on here who popularized them on this forum. I should’ve been more specific.

How is that possible? Cyp and Enan are quite similar.

On paper yes. Almost identical. In practice I can tell you from first hand experience. Enanthate is far more superior and aronatizes less.
E2 first round of enanthate 34 (100 mg)
E2 cypionate 72 (122 mg)
E2 2nd round of enanthate 46 (112 mg)

3 Likes

You get medical grade or UGL? Shit, that’s a huge drop in E2. I imagine you feel much better as well. I might consider switching to Enan, once I run out of the Cyp.

1 Like

All prescription. Delatestryl. Also on the Cyp I felt nothing. Trough numbers were high. But that translated to nothing.

1 Like