Is This Feasible For a First Cycle?

Okay now this could be completely stupid, but having searched around the net very LITTLE information about gels exists.

Basically I am simply not willing to inject, and never will be, I have a very severe needle phobia, and have seen many horror stories and photos of huge abcesses e.t.c from people who have injected on the internet.

Of course this is probably only a 5% risk but I am not prepared to take even that. Then, on the other hand I also understand that it’s basically Test or nothing for a first cycle so orals are out of the question.

Given both these factors I wondered if it would be acceptable for me to start a cycle using test gel.

IE 250mg test/week 1-10 all from a 50mg / 5 gram gel split between 5 days a week?
with adex and HCG

then follow up with PCT for as long as neccessary to get back online.

is it ok to use gel like this, since this would mean I would be using 5 50mg 5gram sachets a week…

which is very expensive, would be coming to 60 dollars a week … each sachet cost 12 dollars. so 600 dollars/ 300 pounds for a 10 week cycle and that’s excluding the pct e.t.c. But that isn’t the issue, I want to do this safely as possible, and if this is a stupid idea then fine… I will forget ever cycling, because injecting is simply something I could never do.

My weight is 235 lbs right now bodyfat 15-20% 23 years old multi-year training experience

550 deadlift
300 bench
500 squat

If my idea is just plain retarded then fine… I will forget it and wont cycle. I would just like someone more knowledgeable to say if this can be done, since very little info exists about it…

I don’t know if gel can deliver 250mg/w. I don’t know what the max absorption is. You would certainly be a goopy mess if it is possible. You would have to be extremely careful not to inadvertantly smear any on children or women you come in contact with. Others may be more knowledgeable on the gel.

You do know that hCG is administered by injection? It is not essential for your cycle as planned. It could alleviate some temporary shrinkage and facilitate recovery post cycle, but you will be fine without it.

We were all like you once. Terrified of needles. Then one day it clicked for us. Maybe it will for you.

Edit: I said you would be fine witjout the HCG. Let me clarify. That advice applies for the cycle as laid out. For longer cycles with more inhibitory compounds or simply for enhanced recovery, HCG use dring the cycle is recommended.

ALEX,
I used to faint when i got shots. I have been on TRT for a month and I give my self shots with a 22.5 gauge needle that is 1.5 inches long with no problem. The first 2 times were rough,the last were fine.Like Dynamo said it does get easier. GOOD LUCK

I always liked needles.

Never phobic at all… :slight_smile:

I think u should work on getting over your fear. Needles are virtually painless. You only have nerves under the skin so there’s only an initial pinch and you cant feel the needle going in fully.

Is there anyone who could inject for you? Maybe you’ll faint the first time but it’ll make you realise it doesn’t hurt and you’ll get used of it.

Most gels are stated to have 10% absorbtion of the dose. this is the main problem with the skin, it is meant to keep things out.

The half life (time it takes for 50% of your dose to go out the window is 10-100 mins.)
from a clinical pharmacology website "Gel: AndroGel®, Testim®: 5 g (to deliver 50 mg of testosterone with 5 mg systemically absorbed) applied once daily (preferably in the morning) to clean, dry, intact skin of the shoulder and upper arms.

AndroGel® may also be applied to the abdomen. Dosage may be increased to a maximum of 10 g (100 mg). Do not apply testosterone gel to the genitals." you are also supposed to rotate your application site everyday. just tryin to help i know it seems grim.

Sorry but it looks like you will get over the phobia, or go to orals.

[quote] Brook wrote:
I always liked needles.

Never phobic at all… :)[/quote]

me too…my first cycle was 8 weeks of ED injects

If your afraid of needles you should probably just quit now and pick up another hobby…like knitting…or something

Orals are not out of the question for a first cycle, but you really have to reconsider your fear. I mean, there are risks everywhere, but we do things everyday that are risky. Just have to live a little. If Jessica Alba had just gotten over a sever, debilitating flu and you had a 5% chance of getting it if you hooked up with her, would you not?!

Fuck, I’d have to say that the only way I would miss that opportunity is if there was 100% possibility, and even then, do it for the story. Same thing, you may get an infection or some random, avoidable thing, but the result could be gaining 20-30lbs. I say benefit outweighs risk

i would just have someone stick you because the gels are too much of a hassle…and maybe you should hold off for a little bit longer your lifts could still improve alot more naturally…

and dont worry,if your not careless with your needles you wont end up like that guy that had half his bicep removed because of infection,he would inject still even if it fell on the ground…it was on some life channel a couple years ago…best of luck

[quote]thefatlineman wrote:
i would just have someone stick you because the gels are too much of a hassle…and maybe you should hold off for a little bit longer your lifts could still improve alot more naturally…

and dont worry,if your not careless with your needles you wont end up like that guy that had half his bicep removed because of infection,he would inject still even if it fell on the ground…it was on some life channel a couple years ago…best of luck[/quote]

gregg valentino…DO NOT associate that prick with steroids and infections.

He had a lot of other sh*t going on with him and his physique than just site inj. steroids.

If your worried about infections there are people on this site who have been cycling for years without an infection.

If your sterile and not a complete dumbass than you shouldn’t ever have to worry about infection…and if you do get one we have a sticky for that :wink:

[quote] Brook wrote:
I always liked needles.

Never phobic at all… :)[/quote]

LOL, gotta agree with you mate.

[quote]The Phantom wrote:
thefatlineman wrote:

and dont worry,if your not careless with your needles you wont end up like that guy that had half his bicep removed because of infection,he would inject still even if it fell on the ground…it was on some life channel a couple years ago…best of luck

He had a lot of other sh*t going on with him and his physique than just site inj. steroids.

If your worried about infections there are people on this site who have been cycling for years without an infection.

If your sterile and not a complete dumbass than you shouldn’t ever have to worry about infection…and if you do get one we have a sticky for that ;)[/quote]

Synthol is just madness. He looks like shit!!

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
The Phantom wrote:
thefatlineman wrote:

If your sterile and not a complete dumbass than you shouldn’t ever have to worry about infection…and if you do get one we have a sticky for that :wink:

Synthol is just madness. He looks like shit!![/quote]

At a certain point, yes, synthol is a bad thing. I would be willing to bet that a large majority of top pros are using site enhancing oils in some capacity; not to give the illusion of larger muscles but to stretch the fascia that can become a limiting factor at that size.

As far as needle phobia goes, I’m very needle phobic. For instance, while I can give someone an IV or draw blood, if they do the same to me I get woozy and borderline pass out sometimes.

Buttt…AAS is different. It’s not at all like getting bloodwork done or even tattoos for one. It’s all about how badly you want it. That’s why I perservered and after the first time it was easy. First time went flawless, I was just shaking afterwards cuz I did it haha.

i suggest you read my log, i think page 8 or so is when i do my first injection.

i always had a needle phobia, to this day i can’t watch someone get blood drawn, or have blood drawn.

howeve,r i can inject myself.

my first shot my buddy gave me in the glute i passed out.

now it’s routine.

if you can’t man up to inject, you probably won’t be needing the hcg or pct at all :wink:

i’ve seen questions like this before, i’m fairly certain you can’t get 250mg/w from gel.

also, abcess infection is much less than 5%, and can almost be reduced to 0 by careful swabbing and clean gear.