Is This Ephedra?

I’m confused. I thought ephedra was illegal. Here’s houston company claming ephedra is back and here’s a list of their ingredients - with Ma Huang as ephedra alkaloids? Is that considered ephedra? I’m assuming it’s marketing and it won’t work nearly as good as ephedra.

IMPORTANT: Keep out of reach of children. Keep tightly closed. Store in a cool, dry place.
This product has 10 milligrams concentrated ephedra group alkaloids per serving in the form of herbal extracts. 50 mg of caffeine alkaloids.

• This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Pantothenic Acid (B-5)…10 mg …100%
Chromium…50 mcg
(as Chromium Picolinate) … 42%

Proprietary Blend…500 mg …*
MaHuang Extract…
(standardized for 10 mg ephedra alkaloids) …*
Kola Nut Extract…
(contains 50 mg naturally-occurring caffeine) …*
Green Tea Extract…*
Siberian Ginseng Extract…*
White Willow Extract…*
Ginkgo Biloba Extract…*
Bladderwrack Extract…*
Fo-Ti Root Extract…*
Gotu Kola Extract…*
Ginger Root Extract…*
Cayenne Extract…*

*Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients: capsule, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.

The US ephedra ban was lifted.

The ban on ephedra has been lifted (for now) so its legit. The funny thing is, even when it was outlawed, you could still get Ephedrine HCL at any gas station. Apparently the government didn’t want you to use the herbal extracts (which may or may not be standardized) but use of the chemical form was okay.

Anyway, ephedra IS back … at least for a little while longer.

Based on a lawsuit in NM, from what I heard.

the Supreme Court lifted the ban because the FDA did not prove that ephedrine was dangerous, therefore it was considered unconstitional…

i havne’t seen many compnaies re-selling their previously ephedra-based products, though, so i’m guessing that the ban is prolly gonna be inevitable.

personally, i love the stuff. however, i think i might have been undiagnosed with ADD, so i might have been inadvertantly self-medicating…

I could be wrong BUT…Nationwide, the ban has not been lifted. It was lifted by a district court in Utah of all places. Technically, they are the only district exempt from the ban.

Companies can produce pills with 10 mg or less of ephedra. You won’t find many companies even doing this, due to the cost of insurance. There are still supplements available… Ephedrine can be derived from herbs other than Ma Huang. Not sure of the efficacy of these versions though.
A good searcher can find ALL kinds of ephedra online.

JammieBane has the right idea. Also, it’s important to note that some states still have their own laws, irrespective of whether one interprets the ruling in Utah as applying on a national level or not.

new topic-with how much cheting meals
aweek you can get away with?
is chaeting meal meaning you eat can all the junk that you
want in that meal?

Where did you see this? Can I order them online? I haven’t been able to find anything with ephedra in it for a while. Its nice if you work out in the morning.

[quote]BIGR wrote:
Where did you see this? Can I order them online? I haven’t been able to find anything with ephedra in it for a while. Its nice if you work out in the morning.[/quote]
you can get it pretty much anny where with a few exeptions:
1)Big box Or national supp chains can’t & wont carry ephedra.
2)mainstream supp sales wbsites(body bulding .com,supplement central, ect…) cannot carry ephedra
3)ma hung can be dosed up to 225 mg IF the ephedra ammount is standerdized to 10 mg. or less.

none per week. But you may find yourself cheating every so often. I find myself “cheat” on average about every month and a half. And when i “cheat” its usually not that i eat an overload, i usually just have some carbs with a meal that i shouldnt be eating, or something.

It’s never particularly unhealthy. Like imagine Nigiri Sushi(P+C) for dinner when i should have P+F.

i’m a FFB.