Is This Diet OK?

I want to say thanks to everyone here for there advice in the past and setting me straight on some things. Now I have a new question. A trainer recommended this diet from another board for my goal of 30 pounds of fat loss. I am 6 224 approx 23% BF currently and would like to get into the 190’s. I used Atkin’s to drop from 279 to 225 but I have been stalled at 224-225 for a month now.

Meal # 1
-5 oz lean beef or turkey
-2 eggs whole, 4 whites
-1/2 grapefruit

Meal #2
-MRP

Meal #3
-8 oz chicken
-4 cups salad

Training
-1 scoop Surge

PWO
-1 scoop Surge

Meal #4
-8oz Lean Meat

• 2 cups veggies

Should I add another meal such low fat cottage cheeses and almonds??? Is this a good plan? It seemed close to the T-Dawg 2.0 to me.

Perhaps you should do more cardio or something. If your at a stall I would change up my workout personally. Try doing early morning cardio with some BCAA’s.

That got me a 6-pack over the summer and I was doing the low carb thing. But I was on the Anabolic Diet. I’m thinking its training related, rather than diet related. That’s my advice, I think thats a solid diet though, looks pretty healthy to me.

[quote]Hixson wrote:
I want to say thanks to everyone here for there advice in the past and setting me straight on some things. Now I have a new question. A trainer recommended this diet from another board for my goal of 30 pounds of fat loss. I am 6 224 approx 23% BF currently and would like to get into the 190’s. I used Atkin’s to drop from 279 to 225 but I have been stalled at 224-225 for a month now.

Meal # 1
-2 eggs whole, 4 whites
-1/2 grapefruit

Meal #2
-MRP

Meal #3
-8 oz chicken
-4 cups salad

Training
-1 scoop Surge

PWO
-1 scoop Surge

Meal #4
-8oz Lean Meat

• 2 cups veggies

Should I add another meal such low fat cottage cheeses and almonds??? Is this a good plan? It seemed close to the T-Dawg 2.0 to me.

[/quote]

Are you a man, and do you life weights 3-4 times a week? If so, you’re not eating enough. Your metabolism has likely “stalled out.” You would be well advised to add about 300-500 calories a day for the next week (at least). The goal is to maintain your current weight (or even gain a pound or two) while restoring you metabolic level.

Once your metabolism is back to normal, THEN drop the calories back down.

I know it sucks to lose the momentum, but it’s what you need to do if you really want to lose that last bit of weight.

[quote]Hixson wrote:

Meal # 1
-2 eggs whole, 4 whites
-1/2 grapefruit

Meal #2
-MRP

Meal #3
-8 oz chicken
-4 cups salad

Training
-1 scoop Surge

PWO
-1 scoop Surge

Meal #4
-8oz Lean Meat

• 2 cups veggies

[/quote]

If I were you I’d try the AD.
Especially since you came off of the Atkins diet.
If you really want to lean up and get stronger,the AD is the way to go.
That or maybe the T-Dawg.
Along with that,try doing some cardio with a whey shake before or some BCAA’s.

Check out the “Get Shredded Diet” by Dr. John Berardi. I would say the reason you’re stalled is that your metabolism and caloric intake have reached equilibrium. You can try raising your metabolic output through more exercise or you can cut calories.

Either way, in order to keep making progress, you’re going to need to change one or both sides of the equation. Remember that your body is always trying to reach equilibrium and so you’ll never be able do things the same way for any significant length of time and still make progress. This is especially true when dieting. As you lose body mass, your caloric use drops so you eventually reach the size that matches your calories in.

Or… you could just try this diet.

Seriously I actually agree with CLaw. Your calories seem a little too low, and your carbs are waaaaay low, even for a low carb diet. I would consider adding in some more carbs (low GI, oatmeal, etc.) early in the day. You don’t have to, but it may help.

As for stalling out your diet, it’s pretty normal. You lost a lot of weight. Your body is pretty pissed. It is likely forced itself into starvation mode which is why you are only maintaining. Just make sure you get enough protein so you don’t lose much muscle.

Fight the temptation to cut your calories lower or increase your cardio to fight it, it will only make it worse and you may actually gain weight. It happened to me a long time ago. I was eating less than 2000 calories a day for a while and doing over 1 hr a day of cardio, plus lifting. I actually gained weight. When I upped my calories to around 2500 and cut the cardio back to only non-lifting days and 30 min/day I started to lose fat again.

My usual workout routine is 3 days chest, arms, shoulders, back. 3 days neck, abs, cardio with at least 2 25-30 min sessions of HIIT. Should I maybe go to a 5 day split? Then when do I use the cardio? on days when I do upper body stuff?

Thinking of doing:
Sunday - Legs
Monday - Chest, Cardio
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - Shoulders, Cardio
Thursday - Neck, Abs
Friday - Arms, Cardio

Diet looks solid enough.Having said that I would advise the AD if it suits your lifestyle…on that diet I’m eating more than I ever have in my life and am currently in the middle of German Volume Training and have LOST bf (am now around 6%)(and will have to eat more again) and gained strenght and muscle.

Focus on loosing bodyfat rather than weight and have a look at poliquins Lactic acid training article. good luck and let us all know how you get on. It will push you that little bit extra.

[quote]Hixson wrote:
My usual workout routine is 3 days chest, arms, shoulders, back. 3 days neck, abs, cardio with at least 2 25-30 min sessions of HIIT. Should I maybe go to a 5 day split? Then when do I use the cardio? on days when I do upper body stuff?

Thinking of doing:
Sunday - Legs
Monday - Chest, Cardio
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - Shoulders, Cardio
Thursday - Neck, Abs
Friday - Arms, Cardio
[/quote]