Is This Creepy Behavior?

I heard that was a myth?
That he always wore long sleeve shirts to cover up tattoo’s n stuff?
Who knows…

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
Did you guys know that Mr Rogers had nearly 20 confirmed kills in Nam?[/quote]

False:

Are you suggesting that Presbyterian Ministers are gay?

Somewhere, a Catholic Priest is laughing.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
Mr Rogers is still alive???!!! Thank goodness, loved him when I was a kid. Good to see he’s still kicking or um flipping!

D

Pretty sure he died awhile back. He always came across as a bit feminine to me to be honest…

I saw a write up on him in oou local paper and he sounded like a genuinely decent and good guy.

Which is rare these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers[/quote]

Hey thanks Imhungry. Rats he did die. RIP Mr. Rogers.

D

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Dude, it’s Mr. Rogers. You can’t hate on him.

[/quote]

Agreed. I have mad respect for Fred Rogers (I’m not a kid anymore, so can I call him Fred?). Maybe I’m growing up or something, but I’m going to find that show on DVD if I ever have kids so they can see some wholesome shit on TV.

One interesting thing about Mr. Rogers is that we can thank him for the fact that VCR’s became mainstream. When the technology was first introduced, there was controversy over whether it should be allowed since it let people record copyrighted material.

Mr. Rogers argued (before Congress I believe) that this technology would allow children to watch educational TV even if they were in school when it was being broadcast. The rest is history.

So if Mr. Rogers and Chuck Norris got into a fight…

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
So if Mr. Rogers and Chuck Norris got into a fight…[/quote]

Mr. Rogers FTW!

You know what’s creepy? Watching Mr. Rogers and thinking that his behavior is creepy, that’s what!

The kids would lose:(

There aren’t any fights in Mr. Rogers neighborhood.

[quote]Christine wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
So if Mr. Rogers and Chuck Norris got into a fight…

Mr. Rogers FTW!

You know what’s creepy? Watching Mr. Rogers and thinking that his behavior is creepy, that’s what![/quote]

Well, the OP said he was going to do some digging to find some clips, so he could show us examples of his creepy behavior…

Personally, I think he’s watching old clips and jerking off… But, that’s me.

“Welcome to MY neighbor hood, FRED”.

O.K. Sherman, let’s set the way back machine for as long as it takes for these people to remember the innocence of youth.

OP, I’m going to wager that you don’t have children. If you do, then you must have just a little insight to the innocence of a young child. If not, then you are missing one of the true joys of being an adult. Our children are the only thing in this life that will give us just a small glimpse of how pure we all once were.

Well meet your target audience! When you were four, did you even know what gay was? Of course you didn’t. Even if you were raised in a same sex relationship, you still couldn’t understand what that meant. The Mr. Rogers show is one of the only shows I remember that entertained the mind of a child without the use of sarcasm, and jokes at the expense of others.

You knew you’d be safe in Mr. Rogers world. That’s how he presented his show. To the mind of a four year old, how wonderful {and temporary} that world must be!

OP,{sigh}…Grow up!

You have to be really fucked in the head to watch Mr. Rogers and start thinking about erotic sex simply because they had a show about a gymnast. To make some statement as if everyone is a homosexual on the show because they speak on a kid’s level may just denote signs of a serial killer.

That shit says way more about the OP than it ever could about the man most of America grew up with in the 80’s.

"Mister Rogers went onstage to accept the award ? and there, in front of all the soap opera stars and talk show sinceratrons, in front of all the jutting man-tanned jaws and jutting saltwater bosoms, he made his small bow and said into the microphone, "All of us have special ones who have loved us into being.

Would you just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have helped you become who you are. Ten seconds of silence."
And then he lifted his wrist, looked at the audience, looked at his watch, and said, 'I’ll watch the time."

There was, at first, a small whoop from the crowd, a giddy, strangled hiccup of laughter, as people realized that he wasn’t kidding, that Mister Rogers was not some convenient eunuch, but rather a man, an authority figure who actually expected them to do what he asked.

And so they did. One second, two seconds, seven seconds ? and now the jaws clenched, and the bosoms heaved, and the mascara ran, and the tears fell upon the beglittered gathering like rain leaking down a crystal chandelier.

And Mister Rogers finally looked up from his watch and said softly “May God be with you,” to all his vanquished children." /quote/

I had to post that…thanks Hungry!

[quote]duddy14 wrote:
O.K. Sherman, let’s set the way back machine for as long as it takes for these people to remember the innocence of youth.

OP, I’m going to wager that you don’t have children. If you do, then you must have just a little insight to the innocence of a young child. If not, then you are missing one of the true joys of being an adult. Our children are the only thing in this life that will give us just a small glimpse of how pure we all once were.

Well meet your target audience! When you were four, did you even know what gay was? Of course you didn’t. Even if you were raised in a same sex relationship, you still couldn’t understand what that meant.

The Mr. Rogers show is one of the only shows I remember that entertained the mind of a child without the use of sarcasm, and jokes at the expense of others.

You knew you’d be safe in Mr. Rogers world. That’s how he presented his show. To the mind of a four year old, how wonderful {and temporary} that world must be!

OP,{sigh}…Grow up!
[/quote]

Good post.

PX, I agree with you too.

There’s nothing like watching a child discover and see things for the first time. Things that we all take for granted everyday.

[quote]duddy14 wrote:
"Mister Rogers went onstage to accept the award ? and there, in front of all the soap opera stars and talk show sinceratrons, in front of all the jutting man-tanned jaws and jutting saltwater bosoms, he made his small bow and said into the microphone, "All of us have special ones who have loved us into being.

Would you just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have helped you become who you are. Ten seconds of silence."
And then he lifted his wrist, looked at the audience, looked at his watch, and said, 'I’ll watch the time."

There was, at first, a small whoop from the crowd, a giddy, strangled hiccup of laughter, as people realized that he wasn’t kidding, that Mister Rogers was not some convenient eunuch, but rather a man, an authority figure who actually expected them to do what he asked.

And so they did. One second, two seconds, seven seconds ? and now the jaws clenched, and the bosoms heaved, and the mascara ran, and the tears fell upon the beglittered gathering like rain leaking down a crystal chandelier.

And Mister Rogers finally looked up from his watch and said softly “May God be with you,” to all his vanquished children." /quote/

I had to post that…thanks Hungry!
[/quote]

Very cool.

[quote]duddy14 wrote:
[/quote]

Kickass.

The innocence of youth is what it’s all about and it’s what Mister Rogers didn’t lose sight of or forget. All I know is, when I’m with my kids, I don’t give a shit what anyone around us thinks. I enjoy them to the fullest extent and show excitement when they do about whatever it may be.

I read a couple of biographies of him online. Pretty impressive. It said a thief returned his car after realizing who they had stolen it from and when Burger King made an ad copying his character,he didn’t sue,he chastised them publicly for confusing children to sell their fast food and they voluntarily pulled the ads and apologized. I agree with getting DVD’s or something of old shows when my son is old enough to watch and understand.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
I read a couple of biographies of him online. Pretty impressive. It said a thief returned his car after realizing who they had stolen it from and when Burger King made an ad copying his character,he didn’t sue,he chastised them publicly for confusing children to sell their fast food and they voluntarily pulled the ads and apologized. I agree with getting DVD’s or something of old shows when my son is old enough to watch and understand. [/quote]

Fred Rogers is one of those “strength of character” types who personifies everything that can be great about our civic, business and religious organizations. Further, can you think of a more baller-ass manly thing to do? I mean, politely and publicly call out a multinational corporation and get them to capitulate? That’s being a real man.

Mr. Rogers would talk him out of fighting. Then be his best friend forever!