Is this Bullying?

Rude maybe. Bullying, no. Another day in La Crosse.

Bullying doesn’t exist.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Rude maybe. Bullying, no. Another day in La Crosse.[/quote]

I agree. Now, I don’t know what her segment is about, but if she is trying to promote a healthy lifestyle, that is wrong. She does not belong that position because she doesn’t practice what she preaches (This is just speculation going off what that guy and her said).

That guy’s email may have been hurtful to her, but sometimes the truth is a bitch.

Not bullying. Kind of a dick email, but does not constitute bullying.

I need some background info first - did this host actually have a healthy living segment of the show? If so, well, perhaps replace the tubs of cake frosting with stalks of celery?

That wasn’t an attack. It was a candid opinion from a viewer to, what appears to be, an overweight or obese news anchor. What followed (as well as her opinion of the matter) was a gross over-reaction making what was intended as an honest, candid opinion to an obviously hefty public figure (that fat bitch Jennifer - see that’s bullying - nothing in that email resembled what I said) into a witch hunt because fat Jennifer doesn’t like the taste of reality (and judging from her appearance that’s about the ONLY thing she doesn’t like the taste of … you get the point).

That’s not really bullying.

She needs to work on thickening her skin a lil’ bit more than that.

No, this is not bullying. The man had an issue, whether it is a legitimate issue is arguable, with a public figure and he made his concerns aware to that person through a private e-mail. He did not publicly ridicule her or anything like that. If he had harassed her and belittled her in a deliberate and malicious manner, I would consider that bullying. In fact, a lot of the comments made to this guy can be considered bullying.

I also do not even consider this all that mean. The man has a legitimate point and expressed his concern in a fairly polite and reasonable manner. Look at it this way, say Jennifer had a different eating disorder that causes major health issues, like bulimia, and made it known to her audience that she had that disorder, just like it is known to her audience that she is obese, and claims that she doesn’t think it is all that important. Would anyone argue with someone for suggesting she was a bad role model and that her eating disorder was unhealthy, and express hope that she developed healthy eating habits? No, they wouldn’t. It is almost universally agreed that public figures like actors and media personalities with eating disorders are bad role models and should adopt healthy eating habits to set a better example for impressionable viewers, so why wouldn’t the same thinking apply to obesity?

This is retarded

Of course comments are disabled

He never even called her fat
Didn’t make fat jokes
Didn’t tell her to kill herself

There were no LOLz

She just got butt hurt because she knows she’s fat

Not bullying, just somewhat rude.

The question for me is whether he would say this to her in person or not.

If not, then he satisfies the internet dickwad theory.

I googled the definition of “bullying” just to check:

bullying
present participle of bul·ly
Verb:
Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

Hard for me to see a single private e-mail as bullying. In fact, a TV personality making a private e-mail public seems to better fit the definition.

That said, the e-mail was “dick.”

Also, was this really worth a 4:21 segment? I doubt poor Sara Hougom got a segment that long earlier this year when she was murdered in the same city. That was a real tragedy, not some overweight local tv personality that had to ramble on for over four minutes about how she already knows that she’s fat.

No, this is not bullying.

This is a drama queen.

http://gifsforum.com/images/image/Rustled%20my%20Jimmies/grand/Rustled-my-Jimmies-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1323.jpg

These comments are depressing.

Apparently the world is full of complete and utterly limp wristed …

Excuse me while I wash the taste of acceptance, tolerance and understanding from my mouth, if I had read any further I would have started lactating.

[quote]orion wrote:

Excuse me while I wash the taste of acceptance, tolerance and understanding from my mouth, if I had read any further I would have started lactating.

[/quote]
What I find even more depressing is the fact that “the community” collapsed a number of comments which disagreed with her.

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

This is the norm in the world and on the internet. Any other site but T-Nation and people are defending this and even promoting it to be healthier than “too thin”.

Heck, I know a lot of readers at T-Nation probably visit cracked.com. Look at any article that talks about losing weight, or something that has to do with fat people. It is the same thing. Such a weird contrast sometimes…

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
I googled the definition of “bullying” just to check:

bullying
present participle of bul·ly
Verb:
Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

Hard for me to see a single private e-mail as bullying. In fact, a TV personality making a private e-mail public seems to better fit the definition.

That said, the e-mail was “dick.” [/quote]
Well, based on the definition you provided I would say that it IS bullying. I don’t think for one second that this guy wanted anything but some sort of public acknowledgement of his email. So I think he DID get her to do what he wanted by intimidation and force. I don’t think this fat fuck of a woman wanted to get on the air and have to come face to face with her fat fucking existence in this manner, but she was basically forced to do so anyways in what she thinks is probably some genuinely-effective attempt at a motherfucking “healing process” when what she’s really done is just legitimize the guy who had the common courtesy to inform her that even if you lose 50 lbs you’re still a goddamned blimp if you’re 5’7" and about 275.

I just don’t think there’s anything all that wrong with bullying. It’s just something that exists and that always will. Should it be encouraged? Probably not in most cases, but whining about it is kind of like whining that it gets cold every time the side of the globe you live on is tilted away from the sun more than normal.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s fucking awesome that they have a link halfway through the article called “the body fat to worry about most”? Maybe the anchor should check that link out. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I am pretty upset by this…because this is NOT…bullying. Obesity is a terrible problem in America. It is slowly destroying our country by the diseases and conditions it causes. I agree if you are in the public eye you have a responsibility to your audience to set the right example. (Unless your weight is your schtick, actors/comdeians and whatnot)

Was the email offensive to her? Probably. Rude? Maybe. But a little taste of the truth might be good for her. Heck she kept saying how she was so unaffected by the email but choked back tears towards the end of the segment. Yeah…we believe you…