Is This Body Cut, Bulky, or Lean Bulky?

My ex looked like the spitting image of Kurt Warner but was a douche! (NFL reference)

The bodies are athletic bodies . I dont understand this weirdness

1 Like

I think we established that Britney Spears is the TN gold standard for arms.
If you’re a woman and your arms are bigger than Britney’s then that’s GROSS.
If you’re a man, and your arms are smaller than Britney’s then you need to BULK.

Lol.

Just a couple of thoughts for the OP.

You won’t find a consensus about what is attractive. That’s a good thing. Even among men who lift weights, they aren’t always more attracted to really athletic or lean women.

Some of the pictures you’ve put up are of women who are pumped and under tension. That, and different lighting and poses will make the same person look VERY different.

Case in point.
Jamie Eason Double Bi. Flexing.
DoubleBi

Same woman not pumped and not flexing, and in different lighting.

And if you think "She’s TOO BIG in the Double Bi pic
 What she looks like in her normal life, maybe dressed up for date night, or running errands in jeans.

BlackDress

4 Likes

why hasn’t the OP been banned? the other threads weren’t so bad, but this one is bizarre, and feels trollish.

2 Likes

Maybe, @flipcollar, but I’m having a little fun thinking about it.

If I had to guess? I have a feeling she’s getting mixed messages about how to train from other people. “Oh, no! That will make you look like a guy.” I had people say, “But you’re not trying to get bulky, right?”

And we have people like Tracy Anderson telling women not to lift anything heavy so they don’t get bulky.

Or maybe confusion about accidentally waking up and being irreversibly more muscular than you intended. I think this is fairly common among women. Honestly.

Just another example about lighting and posing.

Christmas Abbott. Same girl. Different conditions. It’s pretty hard to find pictures of her NOT looking very muscular.

Flexed Double Bi.

!

Not flexed. Beach picture.

In motion, and under tension. Clean.

She’s about 5’3" and between 115-125 pounds, so
 Around town or in her normal life, she doens’t look very big at all.

Dress

2 Likes

LIFTING WILL NOT MAKE YOU BULKY!!!

Where did this nonsense even start from?

My wife had the same fears. Now 8 weeks into her 531 bodyweight assistance template she is still not bulky. But she definitely looks more “toned” and has been dropping pounds. I lift 4x the amount she does and I don’t even look bulky lol. People can tell I lift, but no one would believe I could squat 405 lol.

Mannn when I thought I was doing well, looks like I need to bulk haha!!

1 Like

Well, depending on her genetics and hormones, and insulin response
 How hard someone works and eats toward that goal? Sure. A woman could get more muscle than she wants, but it wouldn’t be an accident and it wouldn’t happen overnight. Haha. Most of us won’t accidentally wake up looking like world class athletes.

I was thinking of Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treaner. They trained together, and yet they look nothing alike. If I do everything they do
 I won’t look like EITHER of them. This is true of the OP and the pictures of all the athletic women as well, so it’s a bit of a pointless exercise.

VballC

2 Likes

She’s adorable.

1 Like

Maria Sharapova has gotten all the love over the past ten years and Ana Kornikova used to get all the attention but Ana Ivanovic is the most drop-dead gorgeous tennis player ever

1 Like

I can only watch Sharapova on mute. She does my head in.

Just to continue on with what this thread should be, here is another spunky lil piece from Canadia - Genie Bouchard:

tU0y_dCI_400x400

C4uRsQSWQAE5lQf

2 Likes

OK. First, grow a foot taller. When you’re done, get back to me and I’ll tell you Step 2.

4 Likes

True dat. I’m living proof. :sadpanda:

4 Likes

I used to be young and lean.

Now I’m old and fat.

Inbetween? lifting.

Lifting makes you old and fat.

3 Likes

Thanks, but I’m looking for a personal trainer who isn’t trying to kill my hopes and dreams. You’re gonna lose a lot of clients with that attitude.

@ hot tennis players? This thread needs more pictures of Laird Hamilton on a surfboard. You guys don’t know what’s good.

Damn, that’s good. My Plan B was to get Gabby to agree to spend the rest of her life walking around on her knees.

1 Like

I think people in general don’t really understand how much bf plays a part as well as how small someone can be and look “big” if they’re lean.

Jamie Eason, admired by millions of women who want to look “toned” was a competitive bodybuilder (Inbf) for years. The she stopped dieting down to be so lean. Same thing with Tammy Lee Web (created the “Buns of Steel” video series many years ago).

You’ll have women fawning over anything the latest female hero says yet constantly explaining that they don’t want to look “like a bodybuilder” -lol.

You either build muscle or you don’t. Leannness is a different variable altogether, and can play such games with your perception.

That said, I do appreciate athletic women more than most :slight_smile:

S

7 Likes

Wtf, don’t be attacking short girls. I’m sure by know you know I’m a dumbass, but I make a nice coaster at parties cuz my hubby is 6 4. My legs are short, and it gives me more quick bursts and that has been essential in athletics for me. Never into tennis, I prefer contact sports or sprinting.

@anon71262119 and I go back a ways. I’m fairly certain she knows I’m not attacking her.

1 Like

She’s a cool gal. Don’t make me get out the glovesđŸ€Ł.

Lol. Exactly. I predict great things for you if you ever decide to go into the fitness industry.

Indeed. And it’s a good thing you have a back up plan with the doctor thing.

Thank you! Sorry if it’s hard to see through the silliness sometimes here. Gabby is 6’3" so of course that was a joke. Kidding aside, she is gorgeous and so is her husband.

3 Likes