Front Squat: 3x3
Ab: 3 sets

Day 5
Overhead Press: 5/3/1
Bench: BBB
Dip: 3x6-8
Chin: 3x6-8
Row: 3x6-8

Basically for the Squat day, instead of doing deadlifts BBB I just do 3 sets of stiff legs since doing deadlifts for high volume does not work for me…also for deadlift day instead of doing squats BBB I just do 3 sets of front squats since front squats really seem to help my anterior core strength as well as improving the power of my deadlift from the bottom. So I just do Boring but big for the bench press and the press, is the template above a correct setup?

[quote]thesecondrei wrote:
This is what I plan to do:

Day 1
Squat: 5/3/1
Stiff Leg DL: 3x5

Day 2
Bench: 5/3/1
Overhead Press: BBB
Dip: 3x10-12
Chin: 3x10-12
Row: 3x10-12

Day 4
Deadlift: 5/3/1
Front Squat: 3x3

Day 5
Overhead Press: 5/3/1
Bench: BBB
Dip: 3x6-8
Chin: 3x6-8
Row: 3x6-8

Basically for the Squat day, instead of doing deadlifts BBB I just do 3 sets of stiff legs since doing deadlifts for high volume does not work for me…also for deadlift day instead of doing squats BBB I just do 3 sets of front squats since front squats really seem to help my anterior core strength as well as improving the power of my deadlift from the bottom. So I just do Boring but big for the bench press and the press, is the template above a correct setup?
[/quote]

What have you done in the sense of “high rep deads” in order to say they don’t work?

And that is A LOT of stuff on bench and OHP days. I would cut out the dips if your doing 5x10 on bench or OHP.

1 Like

It looks like a fine template but it is nowhere close to Boring But Big - if that is what BBB stands for. Unless of course there is a variation somewhere I haven’t seen. There’s 2 lifts at 5x10 and no mention of one of the other variations. If you are looking for the “effects” of Boring But Big - which is what everyone is after who does the program - 5x10/ 5x8/ 5x5/ even 10x5 at the appropriate % in the book is the key. It is also set up for people who WANT to do more work with the main exercise - not less because " doing deadlifts for high volume does not work." Try Triumvirate or something.

should be fine