T Nation

Is This an Acceptable First Cycle?

First, the backstory:

This is a cycle for a close friend of mine (and I know this sounds like a bad euphemism, but bear with me). This guy is absolutely set on using and has located a source, but has every reason not to use: age (21), difficulty eating enough, consistency/lack of progress in the gym, the fact that he wants me to plan his cycle, etc. I’ve seen his workouts, diet (sort of), and supplementation and, contrary to what this probably sounds like, he’s not an idiot in the gym, he just doesn’t eat enough or train consistently enough to see the gains he wants to IMO. And I’ve told him as much many times, and even offered on several occasions to take an active role in his training, diet, supplementation, etc. with the promise that he would see gains. No dice.

Now I’m in an awkward position. As a concerned friend (and not a mom), I have given my opinion, but he’s an adult and it isn’t my place as a friend (and also isn’t in line with my personal beliefs) to try and meddle if he believes that he is making an informed decision. He asked me to plan his cycle, and I said I would (which I now kind of regret), so I’ve resigned myself to the path of harm reduction, and will do what I can to try and make sure he has a (hopefully) productive cycle and most importantly stays safe.

The weird thing in asking me to plan his cycle is that I’m a natty and plan to stay that way until I feel ready (years or more) so, though I’ve done some research on the topic, I don’t have any personal experience. All the more reason it’s important to get some experienced opinions, as I don’t feel comfortable recommending this stuff when I don’t have the voice of experience.

Here’s what I’ve tentatively put together:

-Test E 250mg 2x/wk (frontload first week) for 12 weeks
-Adex 0.25mg EOD until PCT (taper to 0.125mg in week before PCT if Aromasin isn’t used)
-hCG 250iu 2x/wk week 3 - 5 days before PCT

PCT:
-Nolva 40/40/20/20

Possible additions (I don’t know his pricing considerations):
-Dbol 10mg 3x/day weeks 1-4 (with liver support)
-Adding an Aromasin taper to the PCT (guy is acne prone), possibly 12.5mg ED/12.5mg EOD/12.5mg E3D/6.25mg EOD
-Maybe throw in some creatine, DAA, ZMA, and trib during PCT

In terms of guidelines for buying the stuff, would it be a safe bet for him to buy double the amount of AIs and SERMs required, in case he needs to augment dosage and/or stave off gyno?

Also, I’ve seen a lot of people recommending running Adex on cycle over Aromasin, but preferably Aromasin for PCT. I definitely understand the reasoning behind using Aromasin>Adex during PCT, but not so much why Adex>Aromasin on cycle. Does it have to do with Aromasin suppressing E2 more or is it a personal preference thing? If there isn’t a good reason for it, I might modify the above to using Aromasin 12.5mg ED on cycle instead of Adex.

I don’t like this any more than you do, but I would definitely appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance and sorry for making you read a freaking novel.

I would add Clomid for PCT because it brings endogenous test production up faster than Nolva (Nolva doesn’t act on the hypothalamus and cause gonadotropin release like Clomid does)
Adex doesn’t need to be added unless onset of gyno symptoms is felt (E2 raises G6PD and IGF-1 and increases # of androgen receptors in some tissues)
Throwing in supps for PCT makes no sense if he’s not going to run them year-round
I’ve never used Aromasin so can’t comment on that

Better cycle than most of what’s posted but feel like you will go through all this planning work and your friend will get lazy and fuck it up. Good luck

[quote]TBItruck89 wrote:
I would add Clomid for PCT because it brings endogenous test production up faster than Nolva (Nolva doesn’t act on the hypothalamus and cause gonadotropin release like Clomid does)
Adex doesn’t need to be added unless onset of gyno symptoms is felt (E2 raises G6PD and IGF-1 and increases # of androgen receptors in some tissues)
Throwing in supps for PCT makes no sense if he’s not going to run them year-round
I’ve never used Aromasin so can’t comment on that

Better cycle than most of what’s posted but feel like you will go through all this planning work and your friend will get lazy and fuck it up. Good luck[/quote]

Thanks! You may be right that I could very well be doing a lot of work for nothing, but I certainly don’t think it’s a bad idea to go through the process and learn in the meantime, either. I may not be going to the dark side for a while, but I’m quite sure it’s a certainty at some point.