Is this a Reasonable Goal?

I want to chase some records in the deadlift. Currently, the provincial record in my weight class (83kg classic) is 275.5kg (standing for over 2 years). The CPU national record is 300.5kg (made this year).

Been training for just over 3 years now. My best 1RM in competition was 230kg, over a year ago. Was lazy about DLing from then until this summer. As of this fall, I’ve been prioritizing deadlift assistance work. A month ago, I pulled 225kg x 5. This week, I pulled 225kg x 4 off a 3" deficit. I have absolutely no clue where my current 1RM might fall, as I haven’t maxed since my last meet.

Next provincials is next summer (where I intend to qualify for nats), nationals will be the following spring.

Are these goals reasonable? Any advice from good pullers would be much appreciated too.

Man the day you start to take input on what is achievable for yourself is the day you begin dying. That’s your goal, chase it like a mofo.

It’s within reach if you continue doing what’s working for you. I would guess your current max is around 250 kg.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:
I want to chase some records in the deadlift. Currently, the provincial record in my weight class (83kg classic) is 275.5kg (standing for over 2 years). The CPU national record is 300.5kg (made this year).

Been training for just over 3 years now. My best 1RM in competition was 230kg, over a year ago. Was lazy about DLing from then until this summer. As of this fall, I’ve been prioritizing deadlift assistance work. A month ago, I pulled 225kg x 5. This week, I pulled 225kg x 4 off a 3" deficit. I have absolutely no clue where my current 1RM might fall, as I haven’t maxed since my last meet.

Next provincials is next summer (where I intend to qualify for nats), nationals will be the following spring.

Are these goals reasonable? Any advice from good pullers would be much appreciated too.[/quote]

Of course that’s reasonable, don’t doubt yourself man. I’m sure you can do it.

[quote]lift206 wrote:
It’s within reach if you continue doing what’s working for you. I would guess your current max is around 250 kg.[/quote]

I’d estimate around the same. If it’s a help a heavy triple with maybe one in the tank usually equates to 90-95% for me so you may be similar.

Definitely reasonable as a goal. It’s just a matter of time, and, with the deadlift especially, balancing heavy loads and recovery.

Well there’s only one way to find out, map out some kind of progression and start chipping away at it.

Not really but keep it up.

anything is a reasonable goal if you push yourself and put your mind to it.

Set reasonable goals. Map out a plan like CParker said. Just set reasonable goals, realistic goals as you continue to train. Realistic goals turn into dream goals.