Is there anyone in this forum NOT on AAS?

yeah i’ve given it some thought and done tons of research on it, but i already have pre existing gyno from teen years that looks shitty, so i figure if i used aas it would look fucking ridiculous. maybe if i can get my parents to get my gyno surgery i’ll start looking into it more closely.

if i used it would be strictly for sports purposes and since i have no aspirations of having a serious hockey career i think the window of use would be within the next 2 years (until i graduate college).

for health reasons, i personally wouldn’t give a shit, i’ve done/do many other drugs and don’t see aas as any more health threatening than those. the biggest problem i would have is stopping; i could never be happy with myself after i stopped and lost some gains knowing that at one time i was bigger/stronger.

Truthfully, the only thing that keeps me from using is the legality issue. As a cop, the risks definitely outweigh any possible reward. If legality weren’t an issue however, I would consider using for cutting purposes. Gaining size and strength for me is easy, but losing bodyfat…very tough. People can say all they want about ECA or hotroxx but I know a solid cutting cycle of AAS would be a lot more powerful means of cutting bodyfat while maintaining strength levels. Hate to take weight off the bar for a few % bf!

I’m 220lbs, 5’9", probably about 15% bodyfat.

I haven’t used any AAS and don’t intend to. The only supplement I use is protein.

Currently my bench is 374lbs-170kg, deadlift - 440lbs-200kg, squat - 440lbs-200kg. I don’t think that’s too bad. Traditionally I was doing bodybuilding routines but now I’m training Westside with a view to competing sometime later this year.

My numbers are going up very nicely with Westside and I see no reason to start using AAS.

Cheers…Stubob…

I don’t know if I’m “huge”, but I’m drug-free, and I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on my pic in last week’s reader mail. I’m about 210 there.

I’ve never used. I look at it like this. If I could earn 6 figures a year powerlifting, then I could see making an investment in something like that, but I can’t. It really is a hobby and something that keeps me sane. It’s expensive enough already, relatively speaking. We have spent close to $3K this year between specialty equipment for the basement gym, gym fees, entry fees, travel and gear. I train with guys who I know are drug free and are awesome lifters. All are National level lifters. One of which recently placed in the top 5 at IPF worlds, another who takes NO supplements at all. Not even protien. That’s my motivation, and I know it can be done.

I AM HUGE, and would never use AAS. This Spring, after cutting, I hope to be about 135 lbs.!

Glute, while it’s definitely possible to get huge and strong without AAS, it seems to be almost impossible for most people to compete at the elite level without it. I know a guy that at about 6’2, and 270 pounds at 24 years old squats close to 800, benches in the low to mid 500’s, and pulls in the low 700’s, and he’s hardly even touched creatine; let alone anything more. Those kinds of numbers obviously aren’t realistic for everyone, but it is possible.

Excellent post. Let me ask you this question. If MAG-10 or any other good reputable supplement worked just as well as AAS would you still use them? Wouldn’t you consider that “cheating”?
AAS have been around for a LONG time and we pretty much know long and short term side effects associated with them. How long has your favorite supplement been out?
And as far as “relying” on the needle don’t we all rely on something for a little extra edge? Be it MAG-10, creatine, ephedrine (gasp!) or whatever.
Everyone has their own choice in the matter. Take your pick.

I’m not on…at least not yet.

Glute - I’ve seen your pics. Unless you were born ripped to shreds you have made some great gains. Can you honestly say that you are no longer making progress despite totally dialed in training and nutrition?

Let me expand…

Im not talking about myself - but on people that I look up to here and are ahead of me in the game. I’m thinking: “if they all do it, and theyre so smart and badass etc, wheres the world going to…” Im not spineless in doing that, I have my own opinions but I dont live in a void and
consider(ed) those people a good source of knowledge and inspiration.

I also think some t-mag contributers I own without a doubt, lets leave that aside, some of them I can deffinetley point, other s I only suspect, but, others that dont read everything here like me will falslely admire their dedication or follow their regimen.

Lior.

P-Dog,not at all my friend.I don’t believe for a sec that any of the pros don’t,or didn’t use.It’s just that I’m kind of an old timer and the size of the guys on stage now just doesn’t cut it for me.I can appreciate the effort these guys put out,no question.It was just my opinion that Zane (to me)presented a more asthetic,physique.Believe me.I could take every drug known,in prodigious amts
and still never look like one of those guys.Maybe a little jealousy on my part.

what does it matter?

for the record. 6’0 275. 705-370-600. 3 collective inches away from 705-385-628. I plan on hitting 800-500-700 by the end of the year. Ive never seen an anabolic steroid in person in my life. I have used 4adec and mag 10. That constituted about 12 weeks out of the last two and a half years. So im pretty much anabolic free.

Quite bitching and worry about yourself.

Goldberg, if antone would just worry about themselves there will be no role models in this world and no progress and no learning.

and I’m working on you being my bitch, dont worry.

I am in my mid-20’s, and have been training for about 10 years now.

My progress has been only mediocre. At 5’10", I weigh 170 - 175 lbs. I am 8 %BF.

Bench press max is only 225 lbs. Squat max is only 275 lbs. Dead lift max of 365 lbs. Reasonable power - vertical jump of about 30". 100 m sprint of 12.5 seconds (obviously not “competitive”, but faster than the average guy).

I’ve tried many different regimens…high/low volume and intensity, etc. I’ve been able to gain weight quickly (20 - 25 lbs. in 4 - 6 weeks), by going on a 5000 - 6000 kcal diet, but usually gain 2 - 4 %BF while doing this. As soon as the BF comes off (usually without me consciously trying…just eating more “normally”), but muscle also drops, and the strength returns to my (pathetic) normal.

At this point, I’m willing to try almost anything, including AAS…

Have you been in touch with a good coach? this can take you to the next level, and will be cheaper and safer then AAS.

Lior.