Is There Any Hope for Me?

Now I must go hit legs, maybe I’ll just squad the whole workout owch

If you have time to sit at home and make excuses on here, you have time to lift. I hate when people say " I have no time to eat/cook/lift but I have time to sit on the internet and complain"

Yes, the time it took you to post this gave you the time to scoff down 1 nutritious delicious meal of 500 calories.

I used to be in the same boat as you, but instead of 2 meals of junkfood a day I would have 2 meals of fruit a day! This is no better for putting on muscle mass than your’s is! I would be eating 5 pieces of fruit and a muesli bar, then I would later eat another 4 pieces and a sandwich.

[quote]yasser wrote:

My working hours are 4:30 pm - 3:00 am

If I had those hours, I would drive from work to the gym bang out a nice workout get home,[EAT] and then sleep like a baby.

Unless your job is labor intensive, then maybe I would sleep first.[/quote]

I edited this for you.

hey, i use to have the same problem well i thought i did. when i started working out seriousley in october of 07 i weighed 149lbs. as i started to eat right and take the proper amount of protein and catching some tips from the guys at the gym by december i started to see results. its now march of 08 an i weigh a little over 170lbs my body fat % is only 6% i look better then i ever thought i could. and you say you have no time to work out i think you do. i work 14 hour shifts 6 days a week and still spend an hour at the gym everyday except weekends. i think the first problem you need to solve is setting your mind and motivating yourself and once you start to see results youll push yourself more and more.

So is it okay to just go hit the gym, or am I supposed to be more worried about “bulking”? I’m completely baffled on nutriton right now. I was told I’m supposed to eat clean, but someone else said I need to go get a Sam’s Club membership and eat greasy food??

One of the nutrition articles said that a body builder’s diet is limited. Well, for breakfast all I’m seeing is oatmeal and eggs…

For meals the last two days have been Round Steak, veggies, and fruits with milk.

Where do I fit in the olive oil into all of this? i bought some, but not sure what I should be using it on… just doesn’t sound like it fits anywhere.

Hit the gym.

The body builders diet is far from limited. Many of the diets you see are kept simple in order to encourage people to keep to the plan. They’re written for people with short attention spans and limited imagination. Following is how everyone should eat:

Learn how to eat. There is very little difference between eating to gain weight and eating to lose weight. It all starts from the same basic nutrition.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal sweetened with fruit if you train in the morning. Otherwise, eggs and meat. Add veg and cheese and make it an omelet. Yogurt and flaxseed is good in either case.

Snacks (mid morning, mid afternoon, late night).
Small protein + veg. Fruit in the morning. Lots of options.

Lunch
Salad, made with spinach or lettuce and variety of raw veg. Olive oil and basalmic vinegar dressing.
Protein: chicken breast, lean beef patties, shrimp, tuna, salmon
Vegetables, steamed.

Dinner
Lean Beef, pork, chicken, fish, wild game.
Steamed veg, salad, etc. Be creative. Go wild with herbs and spices. Use olive oil in preparations.

Supplement with fish oil.

Make lots for dinner and use leftovers for snacks and lunches.

The previous diet will allow you to maintain or lose weight. To gain weight add some carbs like potatoes, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, pasta, whole grains, etc. These add calories but are still nutritious.

www.arthurdevany.com/?p=977

Stu