T Nation

Is There an "Ignore" Function?

Is there an ignore function that works? And if not, why not? That would be incredibly useful.

I only see a “block all notifications” section in my profile. This does not block a user’s posts.

PS–your “your post is similar to” function is teeerrrrrrrrrrible. It popped up twice to suggest this question was similar to some thread about “thermadrene” in supplements and some other nonsense not even remotely related by text or by subject. Please either disable that or fix it, it is useless.

I’m pretty sure the Mute function prevents alerts from members you’ve muted, so you won’t be notified when they post in a thread you’re tracking. But I don’t think there’s an “ignore” where the posts are actually invisible to you. Just doesn’t seem to be a current feature of this system.

If it’s an issue of someone trolling a thread, you can flag the post and a Mod/Admin will double-check what’s going on. But if it’s an issue of being annoyed with what someone wrote, skimming over it is the best bet. (Difficult to do in PWI, I’m sure.)

[quote=“Aragorn, post:1, topic:218251”]
your “your post is similar to” function is teeerrrrrrrrrrible. It popped up twice to suggest this question was similar to some thread about “thermadrene” in supplements and some other nonsense not even remotely related by text or by subject.[/quote]
I think that may just be based on the thread title that’s being typed, similar to a Google Autofill.

Thanks for the answer. I’d prefer to take care of my problems without moderation because I really dislike more moderated boards (that is one of the reasons I like this board so much, they let things go and expect people to deal in most cases). Thanks again.