Is There a Natural Way to Boost Testosterone in Women?

I didnā€™t see it mentioned yet, butā€¦ why? If itā€™s just to build muscle or burn fat, youā€™ll get more ā€œbang for your buckā€ by fine-tuning your training and nutrition. If itā€™s for legit health reasons, thatā€™s a different situation.

This article has a ton of info, including supplements that can help. It also explains why many Test boosters designed for guys wonā€™t work on you and why DHEA should be your first choice:

5 Likes

Thanks so much about the article, Iā€™ll tear it apart in reading itā€¦
Its not about health issues, but Iā€™ll tell you one thing, Iā€™m struggling in the gym all those six months and finally managed to squat 100kg, not in a very good form of course and with a lot of sweat, and Hereā€™s that guy who doesnā€™t train legs (comes to the gym, says its leg day but he hates leg days so boom delt day or whatever his mind says) and without proper training squated 80kg(I also struggle with 80kg too), not to mention Iā€™m 171cm 67kg he is 160cm and 57kgā€¦ This means I lack of strength and that men are naturally stronger than women, okay I can cooperate with that, but I also want to find a way to balance this.
I so admire men and im jealous of their nature gift which testo is, but I feel its a little unfairā€¦
Thatā€™s why I want to boost mine, cause I believe that with the effort I put with that magic ingredient added there will be amazing resultsā€¦

DHEA is known to raise E2 in men and testosterone in women. Get your DHEA level checked and supplement for the high end of the range. 10-25mg per day is a good starting value. The most noticable side effect is some get sleepy and some it keeps them awake like a strong cup of coffee. So you will need to test how it effects you then take it morning or evening. Best of luck.

1 Like

I was 16 when I stepped in the gym first time in my life, I had 59kg back then and squatted 80kg as my max. Everyone was amazed. Deadlift was 60kg and bench press lame 35kgā€¦ my legs were always more developed than my upper body, even my calves are awesome despite the fact I never train them.

Upper body tho - not so much.
Today I do 8 rep sets with 90kg when I squatā€¦

Thank you so much I hope that will work!

Yeah, you were a bright exception, and if you say you have calves too then ypu are a whole different story, you know that calves is in a big part genetics and you happen to have strong legs, but I tell you he has no legs!! This isnā€™t the caseā€¦
Iā€™m convinced that in the case I mentioned is all about testosterone, cause I work legs so much and Iā€™m even struggling when adding another 10kg for exampleā€¦

1 Like

Do not compare yourself to men. There is a reason that male and female athletes are in different divisions for competition. If you think itā€™s ā€œunfairā€ that some untrained men are stronger than you after youā€™ve lifted for six months? The world is unfair, so this is a bit of a pointless concern.

As Chris mentioned, focus on nutrition. Adequate protein, ideally carbs before, during, and after you train to take advantage of your insulin response. Insulin is one of the primary drivers for women. Eating enough calories to fuel muscle growth. Train intelligently. Get adequate sleep.

@poisoneve. I donā€™t think anyone here has mentioned creatine.

It wonā€™t boost your T, but it is well-known for assisting with some of the things you want from T. Enhancing strength, increasing muscle mass, and improving athletic performance.

Itā€™s been extensively researched in women. Itā€™s not a steroid. Youā€™re body naturally produces some creatine, and itā€™s found naturally in food but supplementing it can be really beneficial if your goal is strength and increased muscle. It can cause some water retention.

You can search for articles related to Women Creatine Strength Training or Should Women Take Creatine?

1 Like

If a woman can find a spare scrotum, testes, and a surgeon willing to perform gender reassignment surgery then I believe itā€™s possible.

So how much bigger will this get if I actually start to train it?
My quads are also big. Big enough to make my glutes look small. My legs in general dwarf my upper body.

And sorry for offtopic postā€¦ just you seem to know more about genetics than me.

Yeah, thanks, will definitely give it a go, I just wondered if women can take advantage and increase their testo levels too as naturally we have a little.

Well, I agree with you, but if you give it a thought;
without proper training, half of my size and managed it?! Itā€™s just surprising for me.

1 Like

Well, I think that if legs are your strong card why not train them properly and adequately?
Do not relax and just say "I have big calvesā€™ make them grow more, thatā€™s what Iā€™d do if I were you, to see tremendous results as itā€™s unfair to have legs with a little more potential than others(cause with proper training you can turn no-calves into calves, its hard but you can fight back to genetics for some point) and do not take advantage of it and build your glutes, too, they are sleepy giants but with big potential as a well-known glute trainer said, the glutes are also a very big muscle, strong glutes=strong in the big lifts so I think you should consider add some more exercises and give your whole body the attention it deservesā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m regulary hitting glutes but quads always remain bigger for some reason.

And Iā€™ll start working on my calves too.

Anyways back to your topic.
In women - testosterone is produced in ovaries and mostly converted in estrogen, and other part of testosterone which doesnā€™t go to estrogen right away is produced in adrenal glands. So try to find a way to stimulate glands into producing more T.

1 Like

Well, if youā€™re doing your job then you donā€™t have to worry, it will result to good physique, if you follow a good program, dieting etc
Yeah, good point, I also found the article provided so helpful and I think I know what to do next!!

1 Like

I find this topic very interesting. Being tall and and slim with long legs. I have a hard time with the squats even before smashing my knee to pieces. Deadlift is easy so is the bench press.

I also think the the nervous system is part of the equation. Some natural aggressiveness wonā€™t hurt.

I never had my T tested. Getting past mid 40s, things seemed to go sideways pretty quickly and I figured I was peri-menopausal. But after reading as many Tnation articles on the subject and reading up elsewhere, I began supplementing with curcumin with bioperine, zinc, and magnesium. Seems like dozens of things began dramatically improving, not the least of which was laying down some (finally) visible muscle that Iā€™d been working so long and hard for. I almost wish Iā€™d been tested just to give me some idea of what changed biochemically, butā€¦I got what I wanted, regardless. So thereā€™s thatā€¦

2 Likes

What about the leg press ??
Do you face difficulties too?
I think tall people find a hard time as for the leg press thatā€™s what some friends of me complain aboutā€¦

Thatā€™s good and congrats for keeping up the good work, I wish in your age I will be as determined and ā€œready for warā€ as I get that you are(from what you write)

1 Like

Sorry to ask are you a woman or a guy?

leg press is easier then squat as I donā€™t have to balance my long slim frame.
Now being 40 ish with a bad broken knee, still rehabing that sucker, my squats are sad, yet deadlift were not really affected.

I always been the brute force type or it is just the farm life?