Is There a Limit to Fat Gain?

I was recently reading an Indigo Log by a user concerned about having gained a lot of weight (something like 7 pounds in two weeks) in two weeks. Chris Shugart wrote to him telling him not to worry since the weight gain he experienced was probably mostly from water and glycogen and that it is impossible to gain that much fat in such a short period of time, even if one tried.

I think we can all agree that this is correct (especially those who have experienced this) and a proof of this is that most of the weight one gains after a big cheat/refeed meal goes away pretty quickly. But it got me thinking: how much fat can a person gain on a given period of time? Is there a limit? Obviously, this is a highly individual factor but still…

I think I could gain 7lbs of fat in 2 weeks if I really tried

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
I think I could gain 7lbs of fat in 2 weeks if I really tried[/quote]

I would think this could be done by eating 7 sticks of butter a day or alternatively eating 4.2 pounds of pancakes per day - but I am not really sure of the conversion ratio for sticks of butter to pancakes.

Good luck.

I’ll take that wager!

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

I’ll take that wager![/quote]

And to be fair you should offer to pay for the before and after dexa fat scan - wouldn’t want to cheat him out of his winnings now would we?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

And to be fair you should offer to pay for the before and after dexa fat scan - wouldn’t want to cheat him out of his winnings now would we?[/quote]

oh yeah sure I’ll pay, just send me the bill…

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

And to be fair you should offer to pay for the before and after dexa fat scan - wouldn’t want to cheat him out of his winnings now would we?[/quote]

oh yeah sure I’ll pay, just send me the bill…[/quote]

You guys can suck me off,
I didn’t spend the last year cutting so I could eat 7 sticks of butter every day.

Although this would make my rice to damn tasty.

Man maybe when I get shredded that will be my goal, to eat 10,000 calories every day and gain 7lbs in fat in 14 days. I’d be in heaven, I don’t even think I can really get full. There is something wrong with me.

I thought butter was good for you

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I thought butter was good for you[/quote]

It is.

how about you pay someone to drink a shit ton of HFCS everyday. we can see how much fat they gain, and we can see if its possible to get diabetes in a single week!

[quote]tork94 wrote:
how about you pay someone to drink a shit ton of HFCS everyday. we can see how much fat they gain, and we can see if its possible to get diabetes in a single week!

[/quote]

I don’t know if this is true. But when I was younger my friend said he watched his friend make a jug of koolaid with an entire bag of sugar. Said he got teh diabeetus

De Niro put on 60 or 70 pounds in 4 months for Raging bull, prob not all fat though as he’d just done boxing camp

Maybe we should ask this guy?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

I didn’t spend the last year cutting so I could eat 7 sticks of butter every day.

Man maybe when I get shredded that will be my goal, to eat 10,000 calories every day and gain 7lbs in fat in 14 days. I’d be in heaven, I don’t even think I can really get full. There is something wrong with me. [/quote]

The truth is, if you have decent genetics, and still lift, you would end up gaining about half fat and half muscle. Most people don’t just gain pure fat unless they are bedridden.

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t know if this is true. But when I was younger my friend said he watched his friend make a jug of koolaid with an entire bag of sugar. Said he got teh diabeetus[/quote]

LOL. Most of the projects in the US would have diabeetus.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Man maybe when I get shredded that will be my goal, to eat 10,000 calories every day and gain 7lbs in fat in 14 days. I’d be in heaven, I don’t even think I can really get full. There is something wrong with me. [/quote]

The truth is, if you have decent genetics, and still lift, you would end up gaining about half fat and half muscle. Most people don’t just gain pure fat unless they are bedridden. [/quote]

lol this is what I’m hoping I’ve cheated so much these holidays hopefully atleast half this weight is muscle dammit.

FWIW,
December 15th, I was 218.5… Christmas Night, round 9pmish… I was 244.6… I didnt really freak out, just had a good laugh. I only splurge on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my B-day. I was wondering myself how much was fat?

[quote]Subject_17 wrote:
FWIW,
December 15th, I was 218.5… Christmas Night, round 9pmish… I was 244.6… I didnt really freak out, just had a good laugh. I only splurge on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my B-day. I was wondering myself how much was fat?[/quote]

Look guys, any guy trying to get swole is using those calories to push even harder in the gym and make some more progress. I am wondering how many here just ate and sat on their Holiday asses.

I did both! Woke up and had a hard A.M lift… Got home, had a post gym shake (16 oz whites, 2 scoops of protein) and then the destruction began. My diet that day consisted of cheesecakes, various fudges, baklavas, ALOT of eggnog, blondies and brownies, and buffalo wings.

[quote]Subject_17 wrote:
I did both! Woke up and had a hard A.M lift… Got home, had a post gym shake (16 oz whites, 2 scoops of protein) and then the destruction began. My diet that day consisted of cheesecakes, various fudges, baklavas, ALOT of eggnog, blondies and brownies, and buffalo wings.
[/quote]

Then I got nothing but love for you. LOL.