Is There a 700lbs Deadlift Thread Yet?

[quote]HollywoodAIP wrote:

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
i’ve hit 705 sumo but recently switched to conventional. after two months of pulling conventional i pulled 660 at my last meet. hopefully i’ll hit 700 at my next meet, so i’m in.

that was the fastest raw 715 pull i’ve ever seen. looked like warmup weight. can only imagine what he would pull in gear…damn. [/quote]

I may as well put this myth to rest… I do in fact have a suit on in that video (Inzer Max DL)

Although it is a nice thought ;)[/quote]

Haha yeah I noticed that.

Still a very fast pull

I pulled this 680 one week after a meet in March…

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I’ll join in even though I am way behind everyone else. How long have you guys been training?[/quote]

Powerlifting about 2 years. Training in general about 10 – the last 4 years consistently.

The first time I ever deadlifted I got 365 and about 2 weeks later I hit 405. People have told me that I am built for it

I’ve been in the iron game since I was 15 or 16 which makes it about 17 years…too bad that time has been riddled with more layoffs than consistent training. Only been back for a little under a year.

I’d be interested in knowing the various approaches everyone is taking to meet their goals (if you care to share). My programming sucks right now and I’m trying to get my shit together. When that happens, the sky is the limit.

Good luck to everyone.

@spar4tree-
what’s your current best?

[quote]frankjl wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I’ll join in even though I am way behind everyone else. How long have you guys been training?[/quote]

Powerlifting about 2 years. Training in general about 10 – the last 4 years consistently.

The first time I ever deadlifted I got 365 and about 2 weeks later I hit 405. People have told me that I am built for it[/quote]
Cool! I feel like my leverages favor all of the big 3 evenly but only time will tell. I just missed 505 last Wednesday and it was disappointing because I was confident I could at least triple it. At least holding onto it is no longer an issue. I intend to crush it come next Wednesday.

[quote]unstable wrote:
I’ve been in the iron game since I was 15 or 16 which makes it about 17 years…too bad that time has been riddled with more layoffs than consistent training. Only been back for a little under a year.

I’d be interested in knowing the various approaches everyone is taking to meet their goals (if you care to share). My programming sucks right now and I’m trying to get my shit together. When that happens, the sky is the limit.

Good luck to everyone.

@spar4tree-
what’s your current best?[/quote]
The most ever singled is 475 and I missed 505 at lockout last Wednesday. I will see how many reps I can do with 495 on Wednesday.

Im in, best so far is 606. RAW at 19 years old. 340 lbs.

[quote]Singingbear78 wrote:

[/quote]

From thunder thigh to thunder thigh, have you tried bringing your feet in a bit? I would think it would make for a much more efficient pull.

Nevertheless, that’s a strong ass lift!

[quote]HollywoodAIP wrote:

[quote]Singingbear78 wrote:

[/quote]

From thunder thigh to thunder thigh, have you tried bringing your feet in a bit? I would think it would make for a much more efficient pull.

Nevertheless, that’s a strong ass lift![/quote]

haha, yeah i am working on my form. That was my first meet so i was kinda clueless. :-/

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
The most ever singled is 475 and I missed 505 at lockout last Wednesday. I will see how many reps I can do with 495 on Wednesday.[/quote]

Should fine/make a 600 lbs. thread…you’re about 195 lbs. behind on this one. Little jumps grasshoppa. <3

Here’s the 600 thread: Race to 600 Squat and DL - Powerlifting & Strength Sports - Forums - T Nation

[quote]unstable wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
The most ever singled is 475 and I missed 505 at lockout last Wednesday. I will see how many reps I can do with 495 on Wednesday.[/quote]

Should fine/make a 600 lbs. thread…you’re about 195 lbs. behind on this one. Little jumps grasshoppa. <3

Here’s the 600 thread: Race to 600 Squat and DL - Powerlifting & Strength Sports - Forums - T Nation
[/quote]
Will do sensei

PR is 645/ 615X2
Missed 675 at the top of the knee (really had no business trying it, I’ve always been able to break 25+lbs more from the floor than I can lock out)
Been fighting to get back up after a torn adductor magnus but I mean to pull 660-675 at the end of my training cycle in may and am praying for 675+ at Raw (junior?) nationals
Only using Chalk, Death Metal and a Belt

that 715 on the last page was crazy fast, that’s some awesome power man.

I finally climbed that mountain at the age of 47… Here it goes fellas… enjoy…

Pulled 661 today but my grip gave out on the way down. Fairly pleased.

[quote]khalidshadid64 wrote:

Mountain indeed. Good fight for it man.

Here is my first equipped 705lbs deadlift (Nov. 2004). It was in a full meet and in performed in the 242lbs weight class.

Here is my first and only raw 705lbs deadlift (Jan. 2009). This was also done in a full meet at a body weight of 243.9lbs.

I plan to deadlift 700+ raw at USAPL Raw Nationals in Aug. The USAPL doesn’t use deadlift bars, so this will be my first 700+ pull with a regular power bar. My best with a power bar was 672lbs at the Arnold in March. I had more in the tank at the Arnold and probably could have pulled 700. Below is a video of that pull. I am 45 years old and turn 46 in Sept.

I also did 722 in a WABDL meet in Feb. 2006. I only pulled in that meet. WABDL has the bench press, but no squat. I don’t have video, but my record still stands. http://wabdl.org/STATES/sr_dl_records_results.php

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Mountain indeed. Good fight for it man.[/quote]

Thanks guy. I just switched to conventional from sumo last June. My best sumo is 683lbs. I did it at the '09 Europa. My best raw conventional is 675 at a MSA meet in Ft. Worth, Texas last Oct. I’m working on 700 raw later this year. I pulled it equipped in the gym just to pop my cherry.

Hey Phillip,
Props to you and the guys over at B.A.G. Will B.A.G. be represented at the A.P.F. Masters Nationals in Ft. Worth next month? I hope so, look forward to seeing you.

Hey Phillip,
Props to you and the guys over at B.A.G. Will B.A.G. be represented at the A.P.F. Masters Nationals in Ft. Worth next month? I hope so, look forward to seeing you.[/quote]

Hey Khalid,

Thanks for the kind words. There are two or three guys from B.A.G. competing. I think Mark Swank may be out due to a quad tear. I look forward to seeing you as well.