Is the V-Diet Right for Me?

Hey guys I have been thinking about going on the v-diet after reading alot about it. I just want to make sure that it is safe for my profile and that it will also get the results that i want. First off I am young Im 16 years old. Second right now I am in good shape to begin with. I am 5’10, 150 lbs, with about a 11% body fat. My goal is to shed pounds of that body fat and replace it with lean muscle and I heard that the V-Diet can definetley do that.

Although one thing is that I do not want to loose much weight, I simply want to lose fat mass and replace it with muscle mass. Is the V-Diet right for me considering my age and also what I want to accomplish? If not what diet would you recommend?

[quote]giantsbran1227 wrote:
Hey guys I have been thinking about going on the v-diet after reading alot about it. I just want to make sure that it is safe for my profile and that it will also get the results that i want. First off I am young Im 16 years old. Second right now I am in good shape to begin with. I am 5’10, 150 lbs, with about a 11% body fat. My goal is to shed pounds of that body fat and replace it with lean muscle and I heard that the V-Diet can definetley do that.

Although one thing is that I do not want to loose much weight, I simply want to lose fat mass and replace it with muscle mass. Is the V-Diet right for me considering my age and also what I want to accomplish? If not what diet would you recommend?[/quote]

Personally I think that nobody under age 18 should be dieting unless they are severely overweight. You see, we (I’m 15) still have so much growing to do and we need to take advantage of puberty, so I think that depriving ourselves of calories (like on the V-diet) wouldn’t be smart.

My advice to you would be just continue lifting hard and eating strong, as well as resting. I, personally, plan to start my first “cut” during the summer before going to college (age 18 and some months).

Vdiet is a bad idea. You are 150lbs and looking to lose weight; I would suggest you eat right around maintenance, maybe a maintenance +200 kcals a day, and work on slowly adding mass. If you are lucky, you might drop a little fat in the process. This would be a far better option. Keep your diet full of whole foods and lean protein sources. It’ll work, trust me.

Secondly, you are 16, your body is still likely to be in a stage where it requires adequate nutrition and living a carbless life at that state is bad news.

NO! The V-Diet is NOT for you.

The problems are these

1. You’re 16. I’m with Grezdog in that dieting is probably a bad idea for anyone who still has the possibility of growing. You should spend time in caloric surplus while your hormonal profile is all about it.

2. You’re 150 lbs. This is the time you should be adding mass, not subtracting it. See the last sentence of point #1.

3. It’s highly supplement dependent. You’re living off of protein powder, Flameout, HOT-ROX and your own tears. All this develops a habit of depending on supplements instead of hard work to get your gains. Not something to instill in any trainee, let alone… you.

That said, do what you gotta do. I know when I was sixteen and people pointed out where I was being foolish I did it anyway. It may be the only way to learn.

[quote]Otep wrote:
That said, do what you gotta do. I know when I was sixteen and people pointed out where I was being foolish I did it anyway. It may be the only way to learn.[/quote]

Trust the older guys! I’m sure I wasted a lot of years of elevated hormone levels due to following what I thought was a “good plan”

Bulk up cleanly and at a rate, which maximizes muscle gain and minimizes fat gain. If you do it right you should be able to add a good amount of good weight while staying relatively lean.

Im gona totally agree with the boys above! First off 150lbs on 5’10 is fine and likely underwight depending on your frame! Now I know when your young you want that six pack weither it be to get laid or just for self confidence reasons! However if you lift heavy for istance “3x10” for fat loss (Thats a good lifting program on this site read it!)with your high hormonal level at your age you can get stronger while getting leaner if you eat right! Lots of protein every 2-3 hours with good carbs and healthy fats! but make sure to get plenty of calories 250-500 above maintenace on lifting days! If you do this youl see big gains and drop a little bodyfat as well!

If you did the V-Diet You wont gain Muscle (Albeit you may gain a little strenth) on 5 shakes a day and you might loose some muscle which is NOT AN OPTION IF YOU WHEIGH 150 LBS!

So Eat right (Read Nutrition for Newbies) and get a lifting program(Read “starting strenth” and “3x10 for fat loss” and hit the gym boy! Good Luck to you hope this has helped a little!