Is the Bar Weight Included?

When lifting numbers come up, is the 45lb olympic bar generally included? This is for DL, squat, presses, and rowing. I also wanted to know if the bar is counted with PL meets or the NFL combine bench press event.

yes.

Yes

[quote]Squash85 wrote:
When lifting numbers come up, is the 45lb olympic bar generally included? This is for DL, squat, presses, and rowing. I also wanted to know if the bar is counted with PL meets or the NFL combine bench press event. [/quote]

so… you’re joking?

what kind of fucking logic would there be in not counting the bar? last time i checked 45 lbs was 45 lbs, not zero.

It’s ok, Joe. We had him at “yes”.

haha I honestly didn’t know or think to care what the bar weighed when I started lifting. I remember hearing my skinny friend say he deadlifted 225 when my max was like 250 and I was like whoa, really? something seemed off till I realized he was counting the 45 pound bar and all my lifts were actually 45 pounds heavier than I’d thought! lol

One of my favourite threads on the topic…
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1544644

Only when you lift it.

not this again!

Hahahaha, wow

It doesn’t count because it is a counterweight. You see, the bar is so evenly distributed that it actually helps you.

Big Bad Joe sittin’ em motherfuckers down!

The only way you can consider a bar a counter weight is if it negates some of the weight you’re lifting. The bar on a pull-down machine is an example of this

[quote]Rick Jakubowski wrote:
The only way you can consider a bar a counter weight is if it negates some of the weight you’re lifting. The bar on a pull-down machine is an example of this[/quote]

counterweight

noun

1. a weight that balances another weight

verb

1. constitute a counterweight or counterbalance to

WordNet? 3.0, ? 2006 by Princeton University.

see, so I told you it was a counter weight!!!

Don’t worry guys, tomorrow spring break ends and I’ll have a lot less time to kill.

The only way you can consider a bar a counter weight is if it negates some of the weight you’re lifting. The bar on a pull-down machine is an example of this[/quote]

Because its balanced…

[quote]evansmi wrote:
Rick Jakubowski wrote:
The only way you can consider a bar a counter weight is if it negates some of the weight you’re lifting. The bar on a pull-down machine is an example of this

Because its balanced…[/quote]

… but in normal use, even though each half of a evenly loaded barbell acts as a counterweight to the other side that only effects the torsion around the center point of the weight and the force required to lift includes both the bar and the plates (yes the collars too).

evansmi wrote:
Rick Jakubowski wrote:

Because its balanced…

… but in normal use, even though each half of a evenly loaded barbell acts as a counterweight to the other side that only effects the torsion around the center point of the weight and the force required to lift includes both the bar and the plates (yes the collars too).

[/quote]

lol, click the link above.

Whatever, a question never hurt anyone. I never counted the bar.

So guys, should I count the weight of the condom when I’m boning a chick? I’m mean when she’s got her legs wrapped around your midsection and you are standing up doing 1/4 squats to slide your cock in and out does the condom not really matter cause its weight is evenly distributed? When tracking my progress(usually in reps, not weight) I don’t include the condom, but if someone asked me my max, I totally include it.

[quote]blake2616 wrote:
So guys, should I count the weight of the condom when I’m boning a chick? I’m mean when she’s got her legs wrapped around your midsection and you are standing up doing 1/4 squats to slide your cock in and out does the condom not really matter cause its weight is evenly distributed? When tracking my progress(usually in reps, not weight) I don’t include the condom, but if someone asked me my max, I totally include it.[/quote]

Don’t forget to include partner assisted resistance.