Is That Jack Reacher?!?

[quote]bcingu wrote:
This is payback for Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine.[/quote]

?

Cruise looks massive. The extras in the background are tiny compared to him.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

?[/quote]

x2…Wtf

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

?[/quote]

x2…Wtf[/quote]

Wolverine = very short
Hugh Jackman = very tall

Jack Reacher = very tall
Tom Cruise = well you get the drift now, right?

Guy was making a joke :slight_smile:

Yup, thanks.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

?[/quote]

x2…Wtf[/quote]

Wolverine = very short
Hugh Jackman = very tall

Jack Reacher = very tall
Tom Cruise = well you get the drift now, right?

Guy was making a joke :)[/quote]

Well hugh jackman as wolverine fit and I could easily imagine him as wolverine.

Tom cruise and the description nards gave dont fit

But meh…

awh man this is bullshit. They should have cast Kevin Durand = 6:6 and 240 pounds. Even a guy around 5:11/6foot would be way better for this role than cruise.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Well sure…we all shrink after we leave the army.[/quote]

Well, most Austrians shrink after they have left the army, but usually that is lbs not inches.

And 2 feet is like a lot.

[quote]law8 wrote:
awh man this is bullshit. They should have cast Kevin Durand = 6:6 and 240 pounds. Even a guy around 5:11/6foot would be way better for this role than cruise. [/quote]

Kevin Durand would be perfectin so many ways except for box office appeal.

He even speaks French, just like Reacher (his second language)

Also, Reacher is described as not being very handsome, but with a certain charm all his own anyway…Durand would work there too.

I included a pic of him with two toher actors to show his height.

This is so dissapointing. I remeber the first thread when this info was revealed. I love these books. Reacher is the ultimate awesome. They could not of cast someone more backwards for this part

Not sure if this is true, but what I read said that Cruise is the executive producer on the movie. In other words, he cast himself in the role.

He probably owns rights to the script too and made sure he was part of the package deal to get the movie made.

Not that it makes any of it right, but it at least makes the asinine casting make a little bit of sense.

He’s apparently so powerful in Hollywood now that he had final cut on Ghost Protocol as part of his deal to do the movie.

[quote]Nards wrote:

Reacher is a giant, standing at 6’ 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100-115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural (he reveals in Persuader, he has never been an exercise enthusiast.) He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner.[3] Reacher is strong enough to break a man’s neck with one hand (Bad Luck and Trouble) and kill a villain with a single punch to the head (Running Blind and 61 Hours) or chest (Worth Dying For). In a fight against a 7 foot, 400 lb steroid-using thug (Persuader), Reacher was able to lift his opponent into the air and drop him on his head.
[/quote]

I can’t see anybody fixing this with any amount of CGI tricks, unless Cruise takes a wonder pill in the film and turns into a monster. Wait we already have a Hulk.

I feel for you Reacher fans.

One thing we can hope for is a reboot in a few years.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]law8 wrote:
awh man this is bullshit. They should have cast Kevin Durand = 6:6 and 240 pounds. Even a guy around 5:11/6foot would be way better for this role than cruise. [/quote]

Also, Reacher is described as not being very handsome, but with a certain charm all his own anyway…Durand would work there too.

I included a pic of him with two toher actors to show his height.[/quote]

Kevin Durand is awesome. That would have been a great choice. Hell, he would have been a good Highlander too! (they ended up going with Ryan Reynolds)

I guess they will have to tweak all the shots so Cruise looks towering and imposing…

If only his acting will sway the Reacher die hards like it took for Daniel Craig to make it as James Bond over everybody else’s perception of James Bond being Sean Connery (sorry, Roger Moore doesn’t count)

Guaranteed Cruise will throw a scene in the movie where he will be running to or away from something/someone utilizing his impeccable sprinting form… it’s his damn signature move

[quote]jaybvee wrote:

Guaranteed Cruise will throw a scene in the movie where he will be running to or away from something/someone utilizing his impeccable sprinting form… it’s his damn signature move[/quote]

There’s a reason for that:

At the end of one of the Reacher books there is a short story of 12 year old Reacher beating up the bully at the army base he was living at with his family and brother Joe. I think Tom Cruise plays this 12 year old Reacher in flashbacks during the movie. The real Reacher is still a secret.

[quote]Razorslim wrote:
At the end of one of the Reacher books there is a short story of 12 year old Reacher beating up the bully at the army base he was living at with his family and brother Joe. I think Tom Cruise plays this 12 year old Reacher in flashbacks during the movie. The real Reacher is still a secret.[/quote]

HA! That’s a great idea!

I heard Katie Holmes is a Reacher fan that’s why she’s divorcing the pipsqueak.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]law8 wrote:

I included a pic of him with two toher actors to show his height.[/quote]

Kevin Durand is awesome. That would have been a great choice. Hell, he would have been a good Highlander too! (they ended up going with Ryan Reynolds)[/quote]

Now that you mention it, Durand would make an amazing Kurgan.