Is Protein Alone Good Enough?

hi guys I just started working out again and now im gettin quite serious bout all this dieting stuff. i weight bout 220 and i get atleast 1 g/lb of protein everyday which is good. but my question is to do with fats and carbs. Im an overweight guy so i believe:

if i dont get the 2-3 carbs/lb isnt that good cuz then my body will use up my fat and ill lose weight?

also, for my last meal i just eat a can of tuna and nothing else, because tuna is a slow digesting protein so for my 8 hrs of sleep ill have that in my system. I dont eat any carbs with it because sleeping on carbs is just asking for a bigger waistline

so this is my plan on workin out days
meal 1: whey protein shake, oatmeal cereal, 2 eggs
meal 2: fish burger, naturevalley bar
meal 3 (pre workout): whey shake, orange
meal 4: (post workout): whey shake, dates or rasons
meal 5: (hour after workout): chicken breast, rice
meal 6: cottage cheese with grapes
meal 7: can of tuna

on off days i just replace those pre and post workout shakes with chicken breast or a tuna sandwhich

This should be in the beginner section. articles, start reading. There are literally hundreds of articles on fat loss on this website and others. I appreciate you asking for help, but it doesnt even sound like you have done the basic research to help yourself yet.

Except for post workout, switch all your carb sources to complex ones (ie. Oatmeal or green veggies), you’ll be much happier.

S

Welcome…

There is a gob stuff to read here on nutrition…

Start now, should not see you for a month or so on the boards…

[quote]sss24 wrote:
hi guys I just started working out again and now im gettin quite serious bout all this dieting stuff. i weight bout 220 and i get atleast 1 g/lb of protein everyday which is good. but my question is to do with fats and carbs. Im an overweight guy so i believe:

if i dont get the 2-3 carbs/lb isnt that good cuz then my body will use up my fat and ill lose weight?

also, for my last meal i just eat a can of tuna and nothing else, because tuna is a slow digesting protein so for my 8 hrs of sleep ill have that in my system. I dont eat any carbs with it because sleeping on carbs is just asking for a bigger waistline

so this is my plan on workin out days
meal 1: whey protein shake, oatmeal cereal, 2 eggs
meal 2: fish burger, naturevalley bar
meal 3 (pre workout): whey shake, orange
meal 4: (post workout): whey shake, dates or rasons
meal 5: (hour after workout): chicken breast, rice
meal 6: cottage cheese with grapes
meal 7: can of tuna

on off days i just replace those pre and post workout shakes with chicken breast or a tuna sandwhich

[/quote]