Is PCT Necessary?

I work on a small college campus. During the summer, it gets real slow. I like to read up on things that interest me. I was wondering, as I read various views, whether a PCT is necessary or not. It seems like there is sort of conflicting reports as to whether one absolutely needs to or not. Just curious as to what some of you think.

you won’t die without it, but if you want to maintain sexual function and keep some of that muscle, it’s recommended.

Your test levels will recover on their own eventually, but why wait?

I can’t think of any reason why you wouldn’t PCT.

for you no

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

rather presumptuous

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

rather presumptuous [/quote]

admittedly, yes, that was rather presumptuous of me.

It’s true for the most part, but you’re right, it’s not a guarantee

[quote]npane171 wrote:
I work on a small college campus. During the summer, it gets real slow. I like to read up on things that interest me. I was wondering, as I read various views, whether a PCT is necessary or not. It seems like there is sort of conflicting reports as to whether one absolutely needs to or not. Just curious as to what some of you think. [/quote]

depends on the cycle…

some of the non-aromatizing compounds would keep your estrogen levels low, so as the blood levels decrease of the compound, your natural test levels could come back up.

but unfortunately, a lot of folks miss the point, that estrogen is actually far more suppressive than testosterone is… so if you use a shitload of test and have a large amount of aromatization, then your estrogen levels will be high as you come off the cycle. this sucks, as your test production will be low, as the estrogen levels slowly come down…

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

but unfortunately, a lot of folks miss the point, that estrogen is actually far more suppressive than testosterone is… so if you use a shitload of test and have a large amount of aromatization, then your estrogen levels will be high as you come off the cycle. this sucks, as your test production will be low, as the estrogen levels slowly come down…

[/quote]

it makes me happy that you pointed this out. So many people don’t realise just how much of a nightmare they’re letting themselves in for by not controlling E because they didn’t have “itchy nips”

I have a similar question, Is it possible to make a good recovery from a longer cycle (20 weeks) with nolva/clomid only? Would a taper help? HCG blast is touch and go for me right now, limited sources/ludicrous prices.

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:
I have a similar question, Is it possible to make a good recovery from a longer cycle (20 weeks) with nolva/clomid only? Would a taper help? HCG blast is touch and go for me right now, limited sources/ludicrous prices. [/quote]

IMO, if you dose your SERMs aggressively and extend them to 5 or 6 weeks, then yes.

hCG would definitely help though.

I’m also a big believer in tapering down into PCT. I have nothing but personal opinion for this but I feel it makes PCT way easier

[quote]npane171 wrote:
I work on a small college campus. During the summer, it gets real slow. I like to read up on things that interest me. I was wondering, as I read various views, whether a PCT is necessary or not. It seems like there is sort of conflicting reports as to whether one absolutely needs to or not. Just curious as to what some of you think. [/quote]

depends on the cycle…

some of the non-aromatizing compounds would keep your estrogen levels low, so as the blood levels decrease of the compound, your natural test levels could come back up.

[/quote]

So am I getting this right. In theory you should run Ai right up to pct as the test levels drop you wont be able to aromatize as much test into estrogen and there for the ai dose that you have been taking becomes more effective thus keeping e low for start of pct?

I only ask because I have read conflicting ideas on weather or not you should run Ai for the two weeks before pct or stoping at last week of test

[quote]kenny-mccormick wrote:

[quote]npane171 wrote:

depends on the cycle…

[/quote]

So am I getting this right. In theory you should run Ai right up to pct as the test levels drop you wont be able to aromatize as much test into estrogen and there for the ai dose that you have been taking becomes more effective thus keeping e low for start of pct?[/quote]

run it, but taper it down

[quote]Yogi wrote:

I have a similar question, Is it possible to make a good recovery from a longer cycle (20 weeks) with nolva/clomid only? Would a taper help? HCG blast is touch and go for me right now, limited sources/ludicrous prices. [/quote]

IMO, if you dose your SERMs aggressively and extend them to 5 or 6 weeks, then yes.

I’m also a big believer in tapering down into PCT. I have nothing but personal opinion for this but I feel it makes PCT way easier[/quote]

So would you say higher dose serms than 100 clomid 40 nolva in addition to 6 weeks?

[quote]Yogi wrote:

I’m also a big believer in tapering down into PCT. I have nothing but personal opinion for this but I feel it makes PCT way easier[/quote]

So would you say higher dose serms than 100 clomid 40 nolva in addition to 6 weeks?
[/quote]

100mg clomid for the first week, then 4 weeks of 50mg, wth a 5th week where you take 50mg eod.

Your third week of clomid, add stinging nettle root extract eod.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

this actually does make sense

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

this actually does make sense[/quote]

I think so. I also like to overlap my SERMs slightly with the last of the test clearing my system. I used to frontload my SERMs instead but after talking to KSman about that, it seems mega dosing SERMs can cause an increase in intratesticular oestrogen, which an AI won’t lower.