Is Old Europe Really This Impotent?

The idea of everyone should be equal is all nice and sweet and would be fair…but not realistic. Chad being equal with China…please. China is more important. The only suggestion I would be evening willing to consider would be 1) Remove Franc off permanent seat in security council. They have no historic merit for being there, unless being rescued by from invading forces in both world wars is a requirment for that seat. 2) Totally redue the security council and make the G8 memebers the security council. Original members get to keep veto powers

[quote]rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
Impotent?

We can defend ourselves.

Who cares about Georgia?

When have you defended yourselves?

Not for 100 years, at least.

No - hiding behind the US is not a defense.

Well, “we”, Europeans, fought wars against each other for centuries.

It just is not fun anymore.

“We”, Austrians, were more on the offense side of things the last 100 years.

And you could only pull that off whilst being a tag-along.

Grow some nuts, man. At least have an original idea every once in a while. Germany will only hold you back.
[/quote]

Your lack of historic knowledge is astounding.

If anyone tagged someone along it was Austria that dragged Germany and Italy into the war.

Given that the Austrian empire was one of Europes five great powers.

Austro-HUNGARIAN empire which was more in Eastern than Western Europe

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

The pinkie is one of the five great fingers.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

The pinkie is one of the five great fingers.[/quote]

Yup, no sense of history…

I blame public education…

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
Austro-HUNGARIAN empire which was more in Eastern than Western Europe[/quote]

Do you actually have maps in America?

Hint:

Europe’s geographic center is somewhere in Lithuania.

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

The pinkie is one of the five great fingers.

Yup, no sense of history…

I blame public education…

[/quote]

We didn’t learn about the pinkie in history.

[quote]orion wrote:
Hint:

Europe’s geographic center is somewhere in Lithuania.[/quote]

Hint:

Politically not geographically, didnt know I had explain it to you “university” folk

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
orion wrote:
Hint:

Hint:

Politically not geographically, didnt know I had explain it to you “university” folk[/quote]

Aha! Trick number one of Schopenhauer’s “Eristik”!

Love,

Us “University” folks

Cultural hint: In Europe you are not automatically considered to be effeminate if you have read some books.

[quote]orion wrote:
Cultural hint: In Europe you are not automatically considered to be effeminate if you have read some books. [/quote]

So what else did you have to do besides read a book?

[quote]orion wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:
orion wrote:
Hint:

Hint:

Politically not geographically, didnt know I had explain it to you “university” folk

Love,

Us “University” folks

Cultural hint: In Europe you are not automatically considered to be effeminate if you have read some books. [/quote]

Orion … I think you’re playing (wittingly or unwittingly) a game of obfuscation. Back to the point at hand. Russia just brazenly invaded a liberal democracy … to gain tighter control of energy supplies into Europe.

Europe says to hell with Georgia. Ok. What happens when Russia invades Ukraine? To hell with them too? Or are these friends worth supporting? To hell with them? What about the Polls? Friends worth fighting for … or throw them under the bus too?

I’m interested in how many and which specific countries you’re willing to sacrifice to protect your own pampered lifestyles.

Why don’t you just tell us ahead of time so it’s not a mystery. That way we can plan accordingly.

Maybe it’s time you flex that vaunted soft power of yours. Wasn’t it Stalin who when one of his advisors warned him about the pope replied “how many divisions does he have?”

I see today that we end up traveling 5,000 miles, leaping over 25 rich european countries in the process to offer up support and solidarity for Poland in the face of Russian nuclear threats. And the Brit foreign minister is concerned we might make them mad.

[quote]orion wrote:
Impotent?

We can defend ourselves.

Who cares about Georgia?

[/quote]

Georgians.

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:
orion wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:
orion wrote:
Hint:

Hint:

Love,

Us “University” folks

Cultural hint: In Europe you are not automatically considered to be effeminate if you have read some books.

Orion … I think you’re playing (wittingly or unwittingly) a game of obfuscation. Back to the point at hand. Russia just brazenly invaded a liberal democracy … to gain tighter control of energy supplies into Europe.

Europe says to hell with Georgia. Ok. What happens when Russia invades Ukraine? To hell with them too? Or are these friends worth supporting? To hell with them? What about the Polls? Friends worth fighting for … or throw them under the bus too?

I’m interested in how many and which specific countries you’re willing to sacrifice to protect your own pampered lifestyles.

Why don’t you just tell us ahead of time so it’s not a mystery. That way we can plan accordingly.

Maybe it’s time you flex that vaunted soft power of yours. Wasn’t it Stalin who when one of his advisors warned him about the pope replied “how many divisions does he have?”

I see today that we end up traveling 5,000 miles, leaping over 25 rich european countries in the process to offer up support and solidarity for Poland in the face of Russian nuclear threats. And the Brit foreign minister is concerned we might make them mad.

[/quote]

How many countries are we willing to sacrifice?

Each and every one that thinks slaughtering Russians is a good idea.

I may not agree with Putin on all accounts but killing Russians at the Russian border?

What is he supposed to do especially after America pissed on her promises?

What do you think Russia is? The Navajo?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:

So what else did you have to do besides read a book? [/quote]

Have to do to be considered what?

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:
orion wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:
orion wrote:
Hint:

Hint:

Love,

Us “University” folks

[/quote]

Let the Europeans deal with it.

[quote]pat wrote:
orion wrote:
Impotent?

We can defend ourselves.

Who cares about Georgia?

Georgians.[/quote]

rednecks

My idea is to sign a non-aggression pact with Russia. Whatever happens in Europe would remain between the Russians and the Europeans, for example. No matter who starts what, or who’s winning or losing, we’d remain on the outside militarily. We’d even refrain from economic sanctions against Russia.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
My idea is to sign a non-aggression pact with Russia. Whatever happens in Europe would remain between the Russians and the Europeans, for example. No matter who starts what, or who’s winning or losing, we’d remain on the outside militarily. We’d even refrain from economic sanctions against Russia.[/quote]

Not the worst idea. But what happens to NATO (whether NATO should still exist is another question)?

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:
orion wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:
orion wrote:
Hint:

Hint:

Love,

Us “University” folks

[/quote]

Are you this naive, or just uninformed? Georgia is not a “liberal democracy.” Read up on Saakashvili.

The Polls? What does polling have to do with this?

Since when is it our job to guard the rest of the world? Or, more accurately, prevent other countries from dealing with their circumstances.