Is Old Europe Really This Impotent?

I just read Nato’s statement today and apparently our old impotent European allies are concerned that Russia’s role in invading it’s democratic neighbor is “not consistent with peacekeeping.” No s**t sherlocks! And the British Foreign Secretary just announced that he’s against removing the Russians from the G8 because that will potentially make them mad and “aggressive.” You’ve got to be kidding …

It’s amazing to watch the Polls and the Ukrainians and the Georgians display backbone while the old Europeans act like total geriatrics.

I think everyone expects W. Europe to assume the fetal position … but the wussy factor here is unimaginable.

What is more important to W. Europe’s economy: Russia or Georgia?

What is more important and powerful ally: Russia or Georgia?

Nuff said

Somebody is confusing impotence with non-belligerence.

Do you even know what impotence means?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Somebody is confusing impotence with non-belligerence.

Do you even know what impotence means?[/quote]

I take it “impotence” strikes a chord with you?

:frowning:

Why don’t we leave the G8? Nato and UN while we’re at it. Let those pussies find some other sucker to be their bank and muscle. People always bitch and moan about American foreign policy being manipulative and predetory. If you ask me we are ones getting played. We are the cash cow and the muscle. How does that happen? Are we that stupid?

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Are we that stupid?[/quote]

Here comes HeadHunter to drop the “a-word”

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Why don’t we leave the G8? Nato and UN while we’re at it. Let those pussies find some other sucker to be their bank and muscle. People always bitch and moan about American foreign policy being manipulative and predetory. If you ask me we are ones getting played. We are the cash cow and the muscle. How does that happen? Are we that stupid?[/quote]

I am all about leaving the U.N. It is useless and waste of time. The U.N. is good for the little nation states but for the powerful countries it just holds us back. The U.N. is only good for mediating disputes between big nations. But if direct talks occur, then the U.N. is totally usless

I dont understand why people cite the U.N. for arguements and to form policy around. People treat the U.N. as if it is the worlds government or better yet the Bible of Foreign Policy…

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
The U.N. is only good for mediating disputes between big nations. But if direct talks occur, then the U.N. is totally useless

[/quote]

I agree with this. The UN is frequently quite useless, but in general it is still better to have consistent communication between countries than to not communicate.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
I am all about leaving the U.N. It is useless and waste of time. The U.N. is good for the little nation states but for the powerful countries it just holds us back. [/quote]

I’m curious. When did it ever hold you back on anything?

The problem isn’t the UN (although I consider it useless as long as countries don’t enjoy equal status). Rather, it’s lobbies and special interest groups that have hijacked US foreign policy to do their dirty chores or get filthy rich at the expense of the American taxpayer.

At least, that’s what it looks like from the outside.

Looks like that to some inside too.

That. is an amazing avatar skidmark.

lol

It’s how real politics and diplomacy (hopefully) works. Also, you need room for decisions. You can’t just make demands and expect them to happen.
It’s not like you’re arguing with your little brother.

Unrelated:
I hope T-Nation’s gonna ban gif avaters.

[quote]lixy wrote:
(although I consider it useless as long as countries don’t enjoy equal status). [/quote]

lixy,
Are you suggesting all countries should have equal status in the UN? If so, what would your rationale be.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Why don’t we leave the G8? Nato and UN while we’re at it. Let those pussies find some other sucker to be their bank and muscle. People always bitch and moan about American foreign policy being manipulative and predetory. If you ask me we are ones getting played. We are the cash cow and the muscle. How does that happen? Are we that stupid?[/quote]

It seems so.

Impotent?

We can defend ourselves.

Who cares about Georgia?

[quote]orion wrote:
Impotent?

We can defend ourselves.

Who cares about Georgia?

[/quote]

When have you defended yourselves?

Not for 100 years, at least.

No - hiding behind the US is not a defense.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
Impotent?

We can defend ourselves.

Who cares about Georgia?

No - hiding behind the US is not a defense. [/quote]

Well, “we”, Europeans, fought wars against each other for centuries.

It just is not fun anymore.

“We”, Austrians, were more on the offense side of things the last 100 years.

[quote]lixy wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:
I am all about leaving the U.N. It is useless and waste of time. The U.N. is good for the little nation states but for the powerful countries it just holds us back.

I’m curious. When did it ever hold you back on anything?

[/quote]

Before we went into Iraq we wasted sooo much time trying to gain U.N. support which wasnt gonna happen cause they damn French and Russians were breaking sancations and gettin oil off them.

If we skipped that bullshit it would have keep Saddam out of power a year earlier

[quote]orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
Impotent?

We can defend ourselves.

Who cares about Georgia?

No - hiding behind the US is not a defense.

Well, “we”, Europeans, fought wars against each other for centuries.

It just is not fun anymore.

“We”, Austrians, were more on the offense side of things the last 100 years.

[/quote]

And you could only pull that off whilst being a tag-along.

Grow some nuts, man. At least have an original idea every once in a while. Germany will only hold you back.