Is Obama Falling Apart?

lol. That ad was so stinkin’ funny. It hurt me though, since I despise her with the fire of a thousand suns. But it WAS classic nonetheless.

I am not as optimistic as you are about McCain’s chances. I’ve lost most of the faith I once possessed in the ability of the American public to see through the “image” and at the heart of the matter.

Besides, Obama does have some genuine upsides as well. I don’t agree with him, but yeah.

I do think he’s going to struggle b/c his handlers can’t prep him for everything that experience lends to a race like this, but from what I’ve seen of the McCain campaign, they aren’t going to capitalize on his errors soon enough. They seem to be not near as well oiled. Couple that with Obama’s ability to “nuance” his remarks and also to shift adeptly after the fact to cover his mistakes, and it’s going to be a hard one for McCain.

The one thing that will help McCain is that his voting base will likely turn out to vote in greater strength, whereas just as in 2004 the youngun’s will make a lot of noise pre-election and then fail to show up and vote en masse. I think that if McCain is even with Obama in the polls at election time, he has a good chance because of that. But I mean even, not behind but “within margin of error”.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
"This week, Barack Obama’s challenge is to select a running mate who’s young, hip, and whose accomplishments in life don’t overshadow Obama’s. Allow me to suggest Kevin Federline.

Kevin Federline as VP would be a risky move. Let’s not forget how he was able to upstage Britney by being a more competent parent. I wouldn’t underestimate Kevin.

[/quote]

lol

Obama is doing alright, but he’s not attacking enough to win. McCain is starting to rev up the attacks and unless Obama counters, he’ll lose.

I hate to see campaigns go negative, but negativity is effective. Didn’t Bill say something like, “If they’re hitting you with a hammer, you’ve got to grab a meat cleaver and cut their arm off.”

�??If you look at folks of color, even women, they�??re more successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh, excuse me, in the Republican Party,�?? Dean said Friday in an appearance on NPR�??s �??Tell Me More�?? program.

As the wheels come off the bus…

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Obama is doing alright, but he’s not attacking enough to win. McCain is starting to rev up the attacks and unless Obama counters, he’ll lose.

I hate to see campaigns go negative, but negativity is effective. Didn’t Bill say something like, “If they’re hitting you with a hammer, you’ve got to grab a meat cleaver and cut their arm off.” [/quote]

I have seen about one McCain ad for every 4 Obama ads. The are all attack ads but Obama seems to be spending more in my part of PA.

lol. Good point. Federleezy for VP.

[quote]The Mage wrote:

But I am voting for Paris Hilton.[/quote]

Hell yeah! Me too…I wanna tour her “oval office”

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
"This week, Barack Obama’s challenge is to select a running mate who’s young, hip, and whose accomplishments in life don’t overshadow Obama’s. Allow me to suggest Kevin Federline.

Kevin Federline as VP would be a risky move. Let’s not forget how he was able to upstage Britney by being a more competent parent. I wouldn’t underestimate Kevin.

lol[/quote]

Federline! Medium Fries!

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:
I get the feeling the guy’s unravelling too.

Of course I live in my own little self-imposed Ann Coulter, Rush, Fox, WSJ, Townhall, NRO, Michelle Malkin, Victor Hanson, Charles Krauthammer universe …

But I like my universe …[/quote]

I like your universe too. Can we be BFF?

You know, I started this thread because Obama really is the ‘genius’ who will actually cause what I expect is about to happen, to happen.

But its like delaying and putting off a colonoscopy — it’s going to happen no matter what you do. One things for sure: over the next few years, the world will be very interesting.

McCain may have delayed everything for a year or two, as he has WAAAAYYYY more leadership ability than the naif from Illinois. But no amount of leadership can deal with what’s about to happen to all of us. You can’t fight mathematics.

Wow! Go see the movie, if you dare.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
flyboy51v wrote:

Of course I live in my own little self-imposed Ann Coulter, Rush, Fox, WSJ, Townhall, NRO, Michelle Malkin, Victor Hanson, Charles Krauthammer universe …

But I like my universe …

I like your universe too. Can we be BFF?[/quote]

Nope … your manson video avatar makes you far too cool for me. Good luck in your search though …

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
You know, I started this thread because Obama really is the ‘genius’ who will actually cause what I expect is about to happen, to happen.

But its like delaying and putting off a colonoscopy — it’s going to happen no matter what you do. One things for sure: over the next few years, the world will be very interesting.

McCain may have delayed everything for a year or two, as he has WAAAAYYYY more leadership ability than the naif from Illinois. But no amount of leadership can deal with what’s about to happen to all of us. You can’t fight mathematics.

[/quote]

You can’t fight mathematics, but you can cut your losses at any time. Phase out social security and medicare NOW and we may hit bottom sooner, but it won’t be near as low. Aside from those two issues, our current debt is still at a manageable level. Inexcuseable, but manageable.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

You can’t fight mathematics, but you can cut your losses at any time. Phase out social security and medicare NOW and we may hit bottom sooner, but it won’t be near as low. Aside from those two issues, our current debt is still at a manageable level. Inexcuseable, but manageable.
[/quote]

Bush tried to reform SS/Medicare and he got villified. Also, the market went down a few hundred points and the Dems demagogued that to death: “See, do you want your survival nest egg to go down like the markets?” or “Bush wants to take away your check!!!”

It never occurs to them that a steady inflow of funds into the capital markets (like SS money) would usher in a new golden age. Then, they’d rather spend all that cash on bridges to nowhere…

[quote]tedro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

I agree. Only there is no calamity coming. I remember back at the end of 1999, people were going nuts preparing for the same type of end-of-the-world bullshit.

Still waiting on that.

When we get out of Iraq, that will be the bottom, and everything will turn around quite rapidly after that.

Falling apart? No.

Showing signs of aging and wear from a TOUGH campaign that still has a ways to go? Yes.

Slowly but surely showing where is most vulnerable? Yes.

Mufasa

Now we’ll get a chance to see big-mouth-Biden attacking McCain. Let’s see what happens in the polls. I wonder if Biden will be any good at attacking, he looked fairly comfortable with it today…but he’ll probably have to go nastier if he hopes to win.

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:

But I like my universe …[/quote]

Damn man, get outside the echo chamber of party hacks. There are some pretty sharp new voices on the right that haven’t been apologizing for Bush, whitewashing torture, and beating the jingo drum for the last seven years.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
tedro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Bush tried to reform SS/Medicare and he got villified. Also, the market went down a few hundred points and the Dems demagogued that to death: “See, do you want your survival nest egg to go down like the markets?” or “Bush wants to take away your check!!!”

It never occurs to them that a steady inflow of funds into the capital markets (like SS money) would usher in a new golden age. Then, they’d rather spend all that cash on bridges to nowhere…
[/quote]

I don’t disagree with you at all. My point is that we can get out of this mess, it is far from too late. The biggest hurdle will be getting the right people in office to do it, and of course that requires convincing the American people of the proper solution. Raising taxes to push off a mathematical gaurantee for a few more years is not the solution. I’m still not sure of McCain’s exact plan, but adding on a private account to social security does nothing to fix the problem either. I think I have about the same amount of optimism as you of something actually happening to fix the problem, which is very sad because at this point it is still very fixable.

Sorry if this sounds racist (its not meant to be) but it looks to as if BHO chose an old white Washington insider as his running mate. Why’d he need him, if he’s got this groundswell of popular support? Is it because his campaign is flagging?

On the other side, he might have been up until 3 AM arguing with his Illuminati handlers that he doesn’t want that old fart. Remember how Carter promised to put born-again Christians on his staff — he got Kissinger and Bryzynski, among other CFR people.

When the train wreck happens…