T Nation

Is My Workout Plan Legit?

Hello everone ,

ovhd press around 8x2 and the some uni or bi quad work , then horz push. Day 2 is dl 8x2 and vert push with a hip dominated movement !

sq 8x2 with horz push a total pf 40 reps and vert push total of 25 reps ! The next 3 days will do the same but the main movement will be 5x6 for more size and then the others sets will be similar, but I’m not sure what to do for sets and reps? I would like those last 3 days to have high volume. Also what about my first 3 days for sets and reps on the exercises that arnt the main movement? I would be going for pure strength for those days.

How long have you been working out? I only ask to get a feel for what your overall core strength is like before I make any suggestions. If you are looking for size and strength stick to big compound lifts. I notice you are doing a lot of push motions, dont neglect pulls my friend. you may find yourself with a muscular imbalance that will slow your progress in a big way. If you want a decent training split for size I would suggest the following.
Day 1 Chest and Back
Day 2 Shoulders and arms
Day 3 Legs
Day 4 off
Day 5 Chest and Back
Day 6 Shoulders and arms
Day 7 off

Focus on movements that use the biggest muscle groups Ie: deadlifts, squats, bench press, seated row, pullups, military press, barbell curls, and overhead triceps extensions.
Hope this helps.
p.s. Calories are key here too. Make sure you are taking in enough protein and carbs post workout.

Why not do an established programme?

OP: No, just plain no. As I couldn’t read half of what you are trying to type, I will have to say that you are not serious.

jhew86: I just don’t know where to start.

Twice as much upper body work to legs. Seems legit to me!

Just plain bad. No back work, way too much pressing, a million other problems.

Get on a proven program.

Read all you can on these: 5/3/1, WS4SB, texas method, rippetoe, “Do this routine instead of that dumb one”

i miss typed this sorry how can i delete it?

so(?)
day 1: ohp, front squat, bench
day 2: deadlifts/power cleans
day 3: BBrows, push press

not bad, i would add a pulling movement on day 1

[quote]jhew86 wrote:
How long have you been working out? I only ask to get a feel for what your overall core strength is like before I make any suggestions. If you are looking for size and strength stick to big compound lifts. I notice you are doing a lot of push motions, dont neglect pulls my friend. you may find yourself with a muscular imbalance that will slow your progress in a big way. If you want a decent training split for size I would suggest the following.
Day 1 Chest and Back
Day 2 Shoulders and arms
Day 3 Legs
Day 4 off
Day 5 Chest and Back
Day 6 Shoulders and arms
Day 7 off

Focus on movements that use the biggest muscle groups Ie: deadlifts, squats, bench press, seated row, pullups, military press, barbell curls, and overhead triceps extensions.
Hope this helps.
p.s. Calories are key here too. Make sure you are taking in enough protein and carbs post workout.[/quote]

Definitely not this.

[quote]chadeber wrote:
Hello everone ,

I wrote up a workout for me can you give me some thoughts and exc… > Let me start off by telling you my goals are to get bigger and stronger so i am going do

day 1 a ovhd press around 8x2 and the some uni or bi quad work , then horz push. Day 2 is dl 8x2 and vert pull with a hip dominated movement !

Day 3 sq 8x2 with horz pull a total pf 40 reps and vert push total of 25 reps ! The next 3 days will do the same but the main movement will be 5x6 for more size and then the others sets will be similar, but I’m not sure what to do for sets and reps? I would like those last 3 days to have high volume. Also what about my first 3 days for sets and reps on the exercises that arnt the main movement? I would be going for pure strength for those days.

any thoughts ideas thanks ? [/quote]

1. stop trying to reinvent the wheel

2. go through the logs and find someone who has the same goals as you AND who has made progress. try doing what they’ve done and see if it also works for you.

3. eat

what logs? The training logs under the training tab?

[quote]chadeber wrote:
what logs? The training logs under the training tab? [/quote]

Yes, try checking out caveman’s

Just in general, if you have to ask if your training plan is legit, then it probably isn’t. Use a plan that’s designed by someone who knows their stuff

i dont think what he wrote up was too bad

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
i dont think what he wrote up was too bad[/quote]

It’s pretty vague

EDIT: I guess what I can decipher of the program looks ok. I’m just of the mindset that you need to have complete confidence in your programming to see good gains, and starting a thread like this doesn’t show a whole lot of confidence.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
i dont think what he wrote up was too bad[/quote]

It’s pretty vague

EDIT: I guess what I can decipher of the program looks ok. I’m just of the mindset that you need to have complete confidence in your programming to see good gains, and starting a thread like this doesn’t show a whole lot of confidence. [/quote]

doesn’t seem like there’s enough volume

Speak English.

Eh,

1. Speak English
  2. Why reinvent the wheel?

That is all.

How can I delete this thread ???

[quote]chadeber wrote:
How can I delete this thread ???[/quote]

lol idk that you can

you must endure your shame in silence and hope this gets bumped down