Is My Training HIT?

This also has a downside. If a novice sees what T3hPwnisher looks like and wants to look the same, but at the same time sees the video of this brutal workout, it may turn him down :joy:

2 Likes

I witnessed a gym noob trying to get on steroids get talked down by @T3hPwnisher’s physique… kid asked “why did you start taking steroids?” and Pwn was like “I never have”, then the kid took a step away from the edge to follow in his footsteps.

Was secondhand proud for Pwn in that moment.

5 Likes

Without a doubt !

2 Likes

Really appreciate all the responses folks!

@FlatsFarmer That statement made my day! Dr. Ken was the man! His passing hit hard.

@average_al I am totally the opposite. For high reps, I can do deadstop without issue. For heavy work, I wanna pull touch and go and keep that tension the whole time.

@tzabcan Very much appreciate those accolades my dude! This workout has really been something else for me. This one in particular ranks among the hardest I’ve ever done in my life. I wanted to quit SO bad during those SSB squats. The key has been those very short transition times between movements. Too easy to meander there and psyche myself out.

@Tim_Patterson That really means a lot to have you and @Ellington_Darden review that workout and give your thoughts to it. The offer for assistance is not received lightly either: means a lot from you both.

@andycane Very much appreciate that sentiment dude. I can’t match weight on the SSB compared to a straight bar, but the SSB is an “easier” squat for me, because I can rest by pushing up on the handles and I can let my technique really fall apart and good morning/deadlift the weight up, relying on hamstrings vs quads. It’s why I put it at that point in the workout. Along with just making things awful, haha.

@dagill2 Hah! It definitely hurts my soul. I am trying to make it a bit more posterior chain heavy, but I also find myself adding randomness onto the workout just for the sake of pain.

@Andrewgen_Receptors I remember that moment! I’m glad you appreciated that. Too many kids are in a rush to hop on before they even know the basics. You can get REAL far without.

@deyan It’s why I always say I have awful genetics. I wouldn’t work this hard if I didn’t have to, haha.

6 Likes

Bro! Straight beast. Just need a training partner like Dorian Yates for that super human intensity.

1 Like

I appreciate that dude! I don’t do well with training partners. Been at it alone for 22 years. Either I have more passion than the training partner, and they annoy me, or they have more passion than me, and I feel bad slowing them down.

…the latter doesn’t happen often, haha.

1 Like

If you train with Dorian, who breaks who? I think everyone at T-Nation would be interested in that!

1 Like