Is My Squat Actually Low Enough?

Did my second meet on saturday, placed first but I got one red light on squats. looking at the video I kinda agree with the red light but I’m no expert. Would you guys red light this?

If it passed in the meet, it was low enough. You don’t get a 4th white for it passing on the internet.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
If it passed in the meet, it was low enough. You don’t get a 4th white for it passing on the internet.[/quote]

I agree with this statement. Regardless, it didn’t look bad. It was definitely deep enough that I’ll take the judges word on it.

That being said, I can’t help but to comment on the bench…

Some would say the best squat gets two white lights. If you get three, you went too deep.

[quote]frankjl wrote:

If it passed in the meet, it was low enough. You don’t get a 4th white for it passing on the internet.[/quote]

I agree with this statement. Regardless, it didn’t look bad. It was definitely deep enough that I’ll take the judges word on it.

That being said, I can’t help but to comment on the bench…[/quote]

So true about the Bench. That was a great Touch and Go, but no pause.

I presume you got the one red because you stepped forward before the weight was settled and well before the command to rack.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]frankjl wrote:

That being said, I can’t help but to comment on the bench…[/quote]

So true about the Bench. That was a great Touch and Go, but no pause.
[/quote]

This comp didn’t have a pause command so I didn’t pause.

Could be right about racking before the command on squats. Thanks for the feedback guys

In my opinion it is very bad form to post a meet video and ask random internet strangers to second guess your federation’s officials. One ref gave you a red, therefore, in the split second that he had to judge your lift, he saw something worthy of a red. If you don’t trust your referees to do their job, you should find another federation.

Sorry if this sounds bitchy but I see so many Monday morning boo hoo hoo videos of ‘I got robbed’.

Nice lifting by the way. What weight class were you in?

There are other reasons than just depth for you to get a red light. Did you ask the judge? It’s always best to ask them immediately after.

james

And no singlet?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
In my opinion it is very bad form to post a meet video and ask random internet strangers to second guess your federation’s officials. One ref gave you a red, therefore, in the split second that he had to judge your lift, he saw something worthy of a red. If you don’t trust your referees to do their job, you should find another federation.

Sorry if this sounds bitchy but I see so many Monday morning boo hoo hoo videos of ‘I got robbed’.

Nice lifting by the way. What weight class were you in?[/quote]

I wasn’t questioning the red light one bit! I was questioning the white lights if anything, I just wanted to make sure I was good to keep squatting how I am. The judges are all nice guys I wouldn’t argue or complain if I’d got three red lights on that lift.

Thanks, it’s under 93kg

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
And no singlet?[/quote]

It’s just a gym meet for fun. The gym is now affiliated so the next ones we will have to wear a singlet I think.

[quote]craigsheff wrote:

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
And no singlet?[/quote]

It’s just a gym meet for fun. The gym is now affiliated so the next ones we will have to wear a singlet I think.[/quote]
And you will probably also have to pause on the bench.

And you will probably also have to pause on the bench.[/quote]

Yea we will for sure, not a problem I train with a pause.