Is My Routine Balanced and Effective?

Sweet. Thanks again.

Oh yes one last thing. I thought about exhastion with 4 main lifts on those days, but I also considered how Iā€™m running a 3X5 instead of a 5X5, so even with 4 main lifts, itā€™s still just 12 total sets as opposed to 15, and only one more push set total, while OHP is always going to be less exhasting because itā€™s relatively lighter weights. If I feel like itā€™s placement is hindering progress Iā€™ll definitely alternate its positioning.

Sounds good man. Everyoneā€™s a little different. I know some people like CT are all about doing OHP before flat pressing. I fall under that category too because overhead strength is so far behind my benching as it is. So yeah, just see how your body reacts to this split and go from there. And donā€™t be afraid to change it up a bit each day depending how your body feels. Programs/splits can just be general guidelines that you auto-regulate.

Yeah man, I hear ya.

Today for instance I was squatting 185 and the first set was shit (it usually is) and the 2nd and 3rd set got progressively better but I wasnā€™t happy with them, so I threw on a couple 5ā€™s and added a fourth set and knocked out 195 seemingly easier than the first 2 sets.

Bench couldnā€™t AMRAP so I did a fourth set of 5 for that as well. Totally improvised.

UPDATE

April 25th stats:

Squat: 185X5
Bench 145X5
Pendlay row 150X5
Deadlift 260X5

June 6th stats:

Squat: 210X5 (+25lbs)
Bench 160X5 (+15lbs)
Pendlay row 165X5 (+15lbs)
Deadlift 325X2 (+22lbs estimated due to grip variance and rep conversions)

I started off doing the most recently posted version of my routine and found myself taking 1-2 weeks to add 5lbs to a lift and felt issues with recovery so I tweaked it slightly and over the past two weeks alone Iā€™ve added 10lbs to squat and bench without stalling. This shows me that Iā€™m still not ready to move on the texas method since Im still working at 100% of my 5rm. Hereā€™s whatā€™s been working for me.

Warm up protocol taken from an article on this site. I only warm up squat and bench. Itā€™s notable because I essentially PR squat and bench twice each on Day II, though the 1Rep PR is submaximal it still boosts my confidence and adds to net volume:

Empty barX10
50% of 5rmX10
60% of 5rmX8
70% of 5rmX6
80% of 5rmX4
90% of5rmX2
110%5rmX1 Submaximal PR

Day I: Volume
Low-bar squats 3X5; 2X3 (+10lbs)
Bench press 3X5; 2X3 (+5lbs)
Pendlay rows 3X5
Overhead press 3X5
Weighted Pull-ups 3-4X5-8

Day II: Intensity
Low-bar squats 1X5 PR
Bench press 1X5 PR
Pendlay rows 1X5 PR (may drop this set)
Deadlift 3X3 (hook grip) 1X1 (mixed grip)
Overhead press 3X5
Weighted Chest dips 3X5-8
Weighted chin-ups 1XAMRAP

Day III: Increased Intensity Volume
Low-bar squats 3X5; 2X3 (+10lbs)
Bench press 3X5; 2X3 (+5lbs)
Pendlay rows 3X5
Weighted Chin-ups 3X5-8
Face-pulls 3X10-12

Intensity day helps give me the confidence to know I can handle the new weight, while maintenancing neural pathways, and providing active recovery before the intensity volume day. I also think the technical frequency alongside dips is probably enough to spike MPS again in chest before the next workout without compromising recovery. Itā€™s been working so I just thought Iā€™d drop and update. Thanks all.

Why not run Starting Strength until you plateau, then switch to an intermediate program like Texas Method or 5/3/1?

Because my updated program is working. I plan to switch to texas method when it fails and then 5-3-1 once that fails.