6’2
165 pounds
23% bodyfat

I could do:
Pushups: 3
situps: 10
Mile: 13 minuts

Since I joined a Gym, I have been going 2 or 3 times a week,

I have been eating more, (I was eating 1500 calaries a day, now im eating more like 2500-3000 calaries a day)

Here are my stats now:
6’2
175 pounds
17% bodyfat

I can do:
Pushups: 30
situps: 100
Curls: 35 pounds
Leg press: 250 pounds
MP: 70 pounds
Bench: 85 pounds
Mile: 9 minuts

I have been running on an eliptical machine at the gym, I try and keep my heart rate at about 185 for 25-30 minuts,

I go to 24 hour fitness, they have some workout for dummies rutine that I do there, I dont know if Im doing it right or not, but I seem to be geting results.

I was just wondering if my results are average, (I know they are not amazing, but im happy to see results)

Josh

Your results are average. But good job none the less.

More importantly is what are your goals?

[quote]maxx power wrote:
Your results are average. But good job none the less.

More importantly is what are your goals?[/quote]

If nothing else, it shows that the idiots who would have had him actually diet down simply because he was 23% body fat before would have ruined this kid’s chances to actually gain some muscle and reduce his BF% while having the mindset of GAINING.

You have made decent average progress. That means you could make more and need to learn to work even harder. Either way, you are headed in the right direction. “Workouts for Dummies” may be enough to get you initiated into the gym, however, perhaps it is time you started a real training program.

Also, I agree that nothing else can be told to you without knowing your goals.

ehh average i guess. i think if you took it mroe seriously and went more than 2-3 times
a week you could of made better progress

Um…
Maybe I’m reading something wrong, but I assume your 35 pounds curl is for one arm. So you could curl with two arms almost as much as you can bench?
Are these number your one rep maxes?
And I’m surprised I’m the first one to say this…
But you need to squat. And deadlift.
And where’s the back work?

Progres is good… however, you better start squatting if you wanna take it to the next level

Is it just me but you lift more when doing pushups for more reps then you bench?

and yeah you should take it to the next level, nevertheless your progress is worthwile unlike the morons who starve themselves to oblivion only to have a trace os “six pack abs” which look hardl like a 4 pack (and then they need to bulk up as if they went backwards earlier)

You made progress yes but it could have come faster in the beginning. Since you weren’t consistant at all you could have gotten that 10lbs in a month easily but it took you 4 months due to newbie gains. You’re still only going 2 or 3 times a week so see if its possible to get to the gym more often and increase your volume. When you do that keep an eye on your gains and you may have to increase your calories to make steady gains.

Wait a minute 6’3" 165lbs at 23% BF. I HAVE to call bs on that unless you where just NOTHING but fat and bone. By god Im 6’1" on a good day and was near death at 170 uber low BF.

Sure I was lifting running etc but still Im having a hard time beleiving this one.

On topic Id say sadly yes todays day and age the work ethic of the average gym goer yes your progress was average Good not really. Keep going go in bust ass get out and eat.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Wait a minute 6’3" 165lbs at 23% BF. I HAVE to call bs on that unless you where just NOTHING but fat and bone. By god Im 6’1" on a good day and was near death at 170 uber low BF.

Sure I was lifting running etc but still Im having a hard time beleiving this one.

On topic Id say sadly yes todays day and age the work ethic of the average gym goer yes your progress was average Good not really. Keep going go in bust ass get out and eat.

Phill[/quote]

I know a couple guys over 6’ who weigh in around 140lbs and are lean… add 20-25lbs of fat and you have the original poster.

I agree your gains are average based on poor standards. Start busting your ass