Is my HPTA Restart Protocol Correct?

21 years old, starting HPTA restart.

Posted my labs here:

Basically, Never done AAS, but T is at the lower end of normal, FSH is lower than the normal range and libido is almost gone.

HPTA restart protocol (as i understood it) -

Week 1-6 20mg nolva EOD
Week 7-8 10mg nolva eod (basically tapering the serm off)

Weeks 1-10 0.5mg per week anastrozole, dissolved in vodka and taken using a dispenser.

Week 14 I do labs for TT, FT, LH/FSH, E2.

A few questions -

1. Based on my bloodwork (posted here: 21yrs Old, Trying to Reclaim My Libido and FSH Levels. Clomid Questions - #10 by KSman) Do i need to do 4-6 weeks of hcg as mentioned in the hpta restart sticky?

2. Should i run anastrozole for longer to prevent e2 rebound?

3. Is my timing correct or should i do the bloodwork later/earlier?

Personally, I wouldn’t do the HCG, unless you think you are primary hypogonadism. HCG, to me, seems to be a challenge to see if your testicles will work at all. Your goal is to get your HPTA going again, so I’d go straight to SERM+AI as you suggest. If your restart fails, you can decide on SERM+AI for life (if you did get relief during your restart) or pinning for life.

I think 2 weeks should be sufficient, but everyone is different.

Bloodwork timing looks good. 4 weeks seems to be a good time to see if changes have taken effect.

@gonadthebarbarian thank you so much brother. Did you see my bloodwork in the link i posted?

The reason I ask is because I think secondary hypogonadism might be the case, i dont know about primary.

If i do my bloodwork after 4 weeks and everything comes back normal, does it mean that my HPTA and testicles are functioning properly? Or are my hormone levels temporarily normal due to the AI+SERM?

After 4 weeks completely off SERM + AI bloodwork will let you know if the restart worked.

One can do labs during the SERM phase to see what is going on, but that has a cost. Two weeks is not much time for recovery to testes. So even if HPTA becomes un-stuck, T levels might improve from there. So early labs can miss that and there might be then some transistional SERM effects too.

The HPTA restart sticky explains many issues that you have asked about.

@KSman Thanks.

Here’s what I’ll do

Week 1-6 20mg nolva EOD
Week 7-8 10mg nolva eod (basically tapering the serm off)
Weeks 1-10 0.5mg per week anastrozol
Week 16 I do labs for TT, FT, LH/FSH, E2

I hope this is correct.

Also, what do you mean by transistional SERM effects?

Is there any chance that I can run a test-E 500mg/week cycle and then do PCT and see if it comes back? Or could that make it worse?

It would really help my modelling career, this low test has changed my body composition significantly

Running any T cycle risks damaging your HPTA further.

Truth be told, my HPTA is already fucked, so I have been tempted to run a cycle too. I have no source and an aversion to needles, so it’s unlikely to come to pass.

Damn brah. Is there no chance for you to recover?

So i started my hpta restart 6 days ago.
Taking 20mg nolva and 0.166mg anastroloze dissolved in vodka EOD (anastrozole = 0.5mg per week)

How long before my sex drive comes back?

Damn brah. Is there no chance for you to recover?

Slim to none. I’m ok with it though, I just have to be on meds for the rest of my life. At least I have a good doc and no side effects.

How long before my sex drive comes back?

I felt positive effects in three hours. Most guys take longer. Could be a few months.

fuark a few months could mean forever.

What do you know about prostaglandin e2?
I read that marijuana causes too much production of prostaglandin e2, could this lead to loss of libido?

I dont think i have secondary hypogonadism as all the cases I’ve read about have both low FSH as well as LH - while my LH is normal, and only my FSH is low.

Sorry im asking so many questions, im just really worried about this, especially since i started the hpta restart a week ago and havent seen my libido return yet

fuark a few months could mean forever.

I say this to a lot of guys, when your T is restored, you will feel much less anxiety.

I dont think i have secondary hypogonadism as all the cases I’ve read
about have both low FSH as well as LH - while my LH is normal, and only
my FSH is low.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell, LH comes in pulses. Time of test can have a lot to do with it.

Stay the course, it may take a while…

Thanks brah, I’ll keep updating the thread.

As of now, i have noticed that morning wood is harder than before, but still no libido or spontaneous erections.

Im feeling positive about this, i think it’ll work

Day 25

Libido has increased marginally as compared to before starting the hpta protocol. I have not done any labs.

I am still not getting spontaneous erections, although i can induce an erection by masturbating.

Once i masturbate, my sex drive crashes down to zero for the next 2 days.

Just a year ago, i could wank 5 times a day and still feel horny.

Im losing hope

1 Like

Stay the course. I’d consider bloodwork (T, free T, shbg, and E2) at 4-6 weeks.

My T went up, but so did my E2. When I got on arimidex, everything was better.