Is My Diet Looking Good?

Hello people, I started dieting on Friday and wanted to share what I have eaten since then and maybe you guys could share your opinions of what you think:

Friday:
Breakfast - Glass of Orange juice with onion omlet

Lunch - 2 slices of thin turkey

Dinner - Salad with chicken

Saturday:
Breakfast - Eggs with some nuts for vitamins and a glass of juice

prelunch - Low Fat yogurt with hunny

After workout - Protein shake with banana low fat yougurt

Dinner - small portion of Pasta

[quote]Ryp wrote:
Hello people, I started dieting on Friday and wanted to share what I have eaten since then and maybe you guys could share your opinions of what you think:

Friday:

Saturday:

Dinner - small portion of Pasta [/quote]

It looks pretty…

Find a nutrition fact website and do the following:

1. Weigh/measure your portions.

2. keep a good 3 average days of food logs. When I say average, i mean average. Don’t try to impress us with your clean diet. And don’t write up 30 beers on your summer trip’s 1 day bender.

3. Collaborate information from your diet analysis to the website and find out total calorie amounts, grams of carbs/proteins/fats, for each meal. Also cholesterol and sodium are nice to know.

4. come back with said information along with whether you are gaining or losing said weight.

We will be able to help you better.

EDIT: While typing this i just noticed that was 2 days worth of eating and not just 1. LOL.

Are you a female? You are going to be starving yourself.

[quote]Ryp wrote:

Friday:

Saturday:

Dinner - small portion of Pasta [/quote]

Yeah, that looks terrible. I mean really, really bad. I’m guessing your goal is to lose weight (if this is a bulking diet . . . good god,) and what you are eating is not conducive towards that goal.

Please give us your weight, height, goals, age, and any diet history. It will be a lot easier for us to give suggestions to help you with what you are trying to do.

In the meantime, do a search for the 7 Habits of highly successful nutrition programs. That should help give you some sound nutritional strategies to begin to impliment.

OP, I’ll help you out. Here’s the link to 7 Habits of Highly Successful Nutritional Programs.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

A MUST READ for everyone, and especially beginners.

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
OP, I’ll help you out. Here’s the link to 7 Habits of Highly Successful Nutritional Programs.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

A MUST READ for everyone, and especially beginners.[/quote]

Thanks Mod Laurie! OP, I don’t want to drown you in info, but after you’ve read that link, this should help you with some more ideas and alternatives.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-078-diet

Dieting Dosn’t=starving yourself

I hope that you weigh <100 pounds or you will shrivel up and die with that amount of food. I doubt that is even 1000 kcal.

More info is needed to really help you out.

Hello,

Ok, so i’ll start explaining about myself. I am 15 years old, 6’3 (193cm) and weigh 280lbs (130kg). I found this extremely sick so i decided to go on an intense diet, ive lost a few pounds already. My main goal is to loose weight and start tightening myself up.

Before this diet, I used to be a heavy eater of all sorts of things. I used to eat choclate bars late at night then go to sleep! I picked up a lot of weight that way and I want it to all stop. I used to eat a lot of pasta too, which wasnt good for me either.

I’m trying to stick to a raw diet, eating natural foods such as bananas and almonds etc.

I saw some of you mention that this is not good diet, I have been feeling low. What could I change?

[quote]Ryp wrote:
I saw some of you mention that this is not good diet, I have been feeling low. What could I change?[/quote]

Eat everything you typed for those 2 days in 1 day. And repeat everyday for the next few months.

Continue working out and you will see results.

Disregard fad diets like low carb, or low fat. Even disregard the pro/fat & pro/carb approach that is often advocated on this site. The best approach i have found to weight loss and gain is to keep it simple.

A diet that is balanced and does not neglect any of the macronutrients is easy to stay on. And any diet will work as long as you can stick with it and have a calorie expenditure greater than what you are consuming.

Now for the specifics. I can’t really tell you what to eat or how many calories you need. That would just be guessing. If you want a shot in the dark, try 2800-3000kcal since you are so big and work your way down if you are not losing weight.

If you want a sample diet, try a google search or even a search on this site. I recall seeing a thread called something like “Your diet/my diet” where there was a big comparison.

Good luck, and come back with more information.

Alright thank you for the help. I’ve lost 3kg since i started (10lbs) but that was in 3 days so i think i was taking it too far. I started to eat a little more.

I heard i should avoid dairy products, especially milk. Should I keep away from this or is it ok to slip in a bowl of cereal from time to time?

I also make protein shakes everyday with 0,1% fat yogurt, can i continue with this?

Milk is full of simple carbs, it’s a great source of calories for gaining, but for a cutting diet, I’d avoid it. Avoid cereals as well, stick with some old fashioned oats made w/ water. Drop some splenda and cinnamon in there for a tasty oatmeal. Or if you want a quick high protein meal, drop a scoop of whey into your oatmeal. Any flavor works.

As far as 1% yogurt, that’s up to you. Try this: 2 scoops protein, 1 tbsp olive or flax oil. 360kcal, 45g(ish) protein, 0-5 carbs, 12 or 13g of healthy fats. I mix my shakes with water.

EAT MORE(within reason, still keep it below matenience, you shouldn’t really have to worry. Clean foods count calories for you), and more often. at 280, you need a lot of kcal to support just your basal metabolic rate.

Drink water. A lot of water. All the time. A nalgene bottle or similar will be your most valuable invest ment. Carry it everywhere, drink out of it often.

I really recommend the sunday ritual of sitting down and planning out your menus. Even if you can’t make each meal work in the right place, you have meal options available to move around, and you’ll be less likely to cheat.

So:
Eat more. Eat more often. Drink water. Lift heavy shit.

Good luck!

Ok, here is my deal. The main problem with those overweight is their outlook on food. Most view (not just those overweight) as being ‘a fun and enjoyable thing to do’.

The most healthy way to view food is as a fuel source for your body. Knowing this, it is important to consume only that which is necessary for your body to use, and it is relatively easy to rationalize things that you obviously dont need like certain fats or processed foods, empty carbohydrates and calories which contain no benefits for your body. Uping the number of meals in a day will no doubt increase your metabolic rate, but you still need to consume enough protein, minerals, vitamins, and carbs to feed your body.

Again, your outlook on food and your objective is the most important thing.

Ok, i listened to what you guys said and decided to eat more for my diet, this is how my day went.

Breakfast : Oatmeal with 1/2 scoop whey ptrotein.

-workout-

Lunch : Protein shake, 2 fried egg whites and 1 slice of turkey

Some fiber snacks with fruits during day

Dinner : steak with vegetables

Does this sound better? I squeezed in a lot of proteins in there, trying to get as much as I can from the natural sources.

[quote]Ryp wrote:
Ok, i listened to what you guys said and decided to eat more for my diet, this is how my day went.

Breakfast : Oatmeal with 1/2 scoop whey ptrotein.

-workout-

Lunch : Protein shake, 2 fried egg whites and 1 slice of turkey

Some fiber snacks with fruits during day

Dinner : steak with vegetables

Does this sound better? I squeezed in a lot of proteins in there, trying to get as much as I can from the natural sources.[/quote]

Why are you only eating 3 small meals a day? Have you read anything anybody wrote…ever?

My only advice to you at this point is to go take a collegiate level nutrition class in the summer.

But I doubt you will read this post and take the advice given.

I don’t have time for the college course, and if you read I ate 4 meals . I can’t find time to eat more than 4 a day because I am always too busy to think about it.

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:
My only advice to you at this point is to go take a collegiate level nutrition class in the summer.
[/quote]

He is 15.

Do your very best to NOT eat anything processed or packaged. Make sure you eat stuff you have to prepare from “scratch.”

Read this carb cycling codex by Thib:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=811783