Height - 6 feet
Weight - 165 lbs.
Workout - Mon/Wed/Fri - Full body workout on those 3 days
Job - Office
Activity - I just workout, and my job requires a good amount of manual labor as I am the only young guy there, and all other co-workers are mainly women.
Morning 7 AM
- 2 cups of Kashi flakes with 1 cup of non fat milk + a calorie filler like some chicken breast or a little tiny extra meal to add up 200 more calories - 600 calories
- I prepare a whole meal of what I cooked the day before, it usually consists of 3 servings of brown rice and topping it off with chicken breast or shrimp or whatever I have cooked along with the rice. - 600 calories
Mid Morning 10 AM
- Shake consisting of 2 cups of non fat milk + 3 servings of dry uncooked oatmeal. + 2 slices of whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter - 700 calories
Lunch 1 - 1:30 PM
- Again, basically whatever I cooked at home. Usually 3 servings of brown rice + whatever I cooked along with it (like chicken breast or fish) - 600 calories
Mid Afternoon 4:30 - 5 PM
- Same as Mid Morning Meal except with no peanut butter sandwich - 500 calories
- Again, I would cook or prepare something I already cooked. These meals that I cook usually have brown rice as a calorie increaser, while I top it off with chicken breast or fish or shrimp. Sometimes I cook whole wheat pasta, sometimes I cook chicken breast/barley soup etc.
Night Make-Up Snack
This is basically a snack I ingest around 10 PM or so to fill in extra calories i may need to reach a bulking goal for the day. The snack is random ranging from some meat to a slice of whole wheat bread with a bit of natural peanut butter, whatever I can get my hand on. This snack is usually replaced by my protein shake unless I really need the extra calories from something else.
My supplements are:
Twin Labs Daily One Caps Multivitamin
EsterC 500 for Vitamin C
ON Natural Whey
FishSmart Fish Oil Caps - I take 3 caps a day which equals 900 MG of EPA, 600 MG of DHA and 450 MG of other Omega 3 fatty acids. It also provides around 3 G of mono/poly unsat fats altogether.
Anyway, I am never able to follow strict macronutrient methods as my week schedule is toppled by my job and I managed to pull this 5 meal a day at best for the time being. I can macronutrient the 3 main meals, but the MID meals need to be in shake form so I can drink it while working. Weekends I can macronutrient all meals, but I find it difficult to get in 6 meals so I stick to 5 meals a day on weekends also.
I am worried though about my carb intake. I am starting to realize I am going well over 400g of carbs due to the brown rice, whole wheat bread etc. that I eat…especially the rice as I use it as a calorie buffer to get meals to 400-500 calories and I top the remaining 100-200 with chicken breast or the like. I am nervous that while I bulk, alot of these carbs will pool into stored fat causing me to gain more fat than necessary even on a clean bulk.
Not to mention my dinner meal is also carb heavy, and I go to sleep around 3-4 hours later after eating that meal.
Anyone have any input?